DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   wendersfan's election results thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/581507-wendersfans-election-results-thread.html)

wendersfan 11-02-10 06:08 PM

wendersfan's election results thread

Exit polls: Economy the No. 1 issue

Wow, that's a shocker. :lol:

wendersfan 11-02-10 06:38 PM

More exit poll info:

Exit Polls: The role of government
By: CNN's Rebecca Sinderbrand

(CNN) – Voters in both parties are upset with how activist the government's been: Two out of three Democrats say it isn't doing enough. And four in five Republicans say it's doing too much.

Sixty-one percent of Democrats say the new health care law needs to be expanded. And 82 percent of Republicans say it should be repealed.

wendersfan 11-02-10 06:41 PM

I'll update this as info comes in.

Leaked exit polls for key Senate races now spreading like wildfire among politicos:

Blumenthal (D-CT) +8
Rubio (R-FL) +21
Blunt (R-MO) +10
Boxer (D-CA) +8
Kirk (R-IL) +6
Paul (R-KY) +11,
NV--EVEN
Bennet (D-CO) +2
Toomey (R-PA) +4
Murray (D-WA) +6
Manchin (D-WV) +7
Johnson (R-WI) +5
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_777869.html

wendersfan 11-02-10 06:46 PM

Re: wendersfan's election results thread

@nprpolitics More from the exit polls: 49% are college grads, vs. 44% in 2008 and 45% in 2006

wendersfan 11-02-10 06:48 PM

@nprpolitics 73% of voters in early exit polls disapprove of the job Congress has been doing.

@nprpolitics Republicans and Democrats both got 53% "disapproval" ratings in early exit polls.

wendersfan 11-02-10 06:50 PM

The Associated Press reports that three Republicans -- Hal Rogers of Kentucky and Mike Pence and Dan Burton of Indiana -- will win a trip to Washington, D.C., to serve in the 112th Congress. All were overwhelming favorites, but Republicans are up 3-0 so far.

Red Dog 11-02-10 06:53 PM

I'll start with MSNBC - watching Olbermann should, for once, be entertaining.

wendersfan 11-02-10 06:54 PM

I'm watching PBS, but my wife is ready to switch to MSNBC if I let down my guard for a second.

wendersfan 11-02-10 06:56 PM

Exit Polls: Kentucky voters

(CNN) – Half of Kentucky's voters have at least some reservations about the candidate they backed in tonight's Senate faceoff, according to early exit polls. They may not be sure how much they like the candidate they back - but they're a lot more confident about someone who isn't on the ballot tonight.

Seventy-eight percent of Democrat Jack Conway's voters dislike Sarah Palin - who stumped for Paul this fall - while 73 percent of Republican Rand Paul's voters are Palin fans.

wendersfan 11-02-10 06:57 PM

You guys will understand if I don't provide links for all this stuff I'm posting, right? It's coming fast and furious from a ton of sites now, including twitter.

wendersfan 11-02-10 06:58 PM

@nprpolitics 38% of voters in early exit polls saw their vote as an expression of opposition to President Obama, 24% as support for Obama.

Red Dog 11-02-10 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan (Post 10468790)
Exit Polls: Kentucky voters

(CNN) – Half of Kentucky's voters have at least some reservations about the candidate they backed in tonight's Senate faceoff, according to early exit polls. They may not be sure how much they like the candidate they back - but they're a lot more confident about someone who isn't on the ballot tonight.

Seventy-eight percent of Democrat Jack Conway's voters dislike Sarah Palin - who stumped for Paul this fall - while 73 percent of Republican Rand Paul's voters are Palin fans.

And that was fast.

Here's hoping that Rand completely used the GOP machine to help him win and now breaks away from many of their standard positions. I'm doubtful, but one can hope.

Th0r S1mpson 11-02-10 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan (Post 10468793)
You guys will understand if I don't provide links for all this stuff I'm posting, right? It's coming fast and furious from a ton of sites now, including twitter.

No complaints, as long as you don't start posting in tweet format yourself.

wendersfan 11-02-10 07:01 PM

Well Pat Leahy won reelection. Yay.

wendersfan 11-02-10 07:02 PM

@thorsimpson no problem #election

kvrdave 11-02-10 07:03 PM

Rand Paul is projected as winner by Fox
They also projected a senate winner pickup in Indiana with Coats.

Red Dog 11-02-10 07:03 PM

Ooooh - even better Rachel Maddow's opinion on Rand. She's not happy. Her face says it all. :lol:

wendersfan 11-02-10 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 10468813)
Ooooh - even better Rachel Maddow's opinion on Rand. She's not happy. Her face says it all. :lol:

Yeah, my wife switched channels. :(

mosquitobite 11-02-10 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 10468813)

:lol: One of my FB friends will be funny to watch tomorrow. All her status updates today were for Conway. :lol:

Red Dog 11-02-10 07:05 PM

Look at this liberal murderer's row on the main MSNBC desk.....Eugene Robinson, Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Keith Olbermann, and Chris Matthews. rotfl

wendersfan 11-02-10 07:06 PM

DeMint wins in SC (big surprise).

Red Dog 11-02-10 07:08 PM

Rachel Maddow now ripping on Evan Bayh. rotfl

This is very entertaining.

wendersfan 11-02-10 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 10468827)
Rachel Maddow now ripping on Evan Bayh. rotfl

This is very entertaining.

Fracking hilarious.

wendersfan 11-02-10 07:16 PM

Looks like Ben Chandler (D-KY6) will hold his seat.

Pharoh 11-02-10 07:25 PM

Dems doing horribly in Indiana. Looks like both Hill and Donnelly probably going down.

I think I was wrong; it is going to be a 60 seat gain.