Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

[citation needed]

Old 09-14-10, 02:13 PM
Needs to provide a working email address

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 1,270 Architects/Engineers Reveal Hard Evidence of Explosive Demolition at World

Originally Posted by Venusian View Post
I'm just skimming the list and a lot of these seem to be that intelligence officials had hints something might happen.

Our intel "failed" us. How is that a conspiracy? If anything, it debunks the rest of the crap of the govt doing it instead of AQ.

Please explain.
Sorry I didn't respond to this.

Looking at all the warnings the CIA and FBI received from foreign and local informants of terror threats that pointed to the 9/11 attacks, combined with drills leading up to and on the day of 9/11 involving plane crashes with the goal of mass casualties indicates to me that it isn't incompetence that allowed 9/11 to happen but involvement.

You can go to http://www.historycommons.org and type 9/11 warning yourself and a plethora of pre-9/11 warnings will be listed.

These entries specifically stand out:

Early April 2001: CIA Meets Northern Alliance Leader in Paris, Receives Warning of Major Al-Qaeda Attack

April 6, 2001: Rebel Leader Warns Europe and US About Large-Scale Imminent Al-Qaeda Attacks

September 10, 2001: NSA Intercepts: ‘The Match Begins Tomorrow’ and ‘Tomorrow Is Zero Hour’

The list goes on, check it out for yourself.
Old 09-14-10, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 1,270 Architects/Engineers Reveal Hard Evidence of Explosive Demolition at World

The CIA receiving a warning about attacks says nothing about involvement.

A rebel leader warning Europe and the US says nothing about involvement.

I'd have to see more about the NSA intercepts to know if they have anything at all to do with attacks. Were they just 4 word messages that were intercepted? Where, on cell phones? Any soccer games scheduled on 9/11? Who intercepted the messages and what was the source?

There is something that happens in this world every single day. I would imagine the NSA is quite busy. If there isn't a message similar to that sent somewhere every single day, I would be surprised. Assuming they do their jobs.

Those examples only mean something if you already want them to.
Old 09-14-10, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Guarddog View Post

Looking at all the warnings the CIA and FBI received from foreign and local informants of terror threats that pointed to the 9/11 attacks, combined with drills leading up to and on the day of 9/11 involving plane crashes with the goal of mass casualties indicates to me that it isn't incompetence that allowed 9/11 to happen but involvement.

You can go to http://www.historycommons.org and type 9/11 warning yourself and a plethora of pre-9/11 warnings will be listed.

These entries specifically stand out:

Early April 2001: CIA Meets Northern Alliance Leader in Paris, Receives Warning of Major Al-Qaeda Attack

April 6, 2001: Rebel Leader Warns Europe and US About Large-Scale Imminent Al-Qaeda Attacks

September 10, 2001: NSA Intercepts: ‘The Match Begins Tomorrow’ and ‘Tomorrow Is Zero Hour’

The list goes on, check it out for yourself.
Here's something to think about. The US recieves hundreds of threats and warnings a week about imminent attack. Hell, just as a local San Diego police peon I get several warnings a month for So Cal.

I'm going to start going up to everyone I meet and everyday say, "Tomorrow you will be attcked by a bear." Eventually someone will call me a prophet.
Old 09-14-10, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
The CIA receiving a warning about attacks says nothing about involvement.

A rebel leader warning Europe and the US says nothing about involvement.

I'd have to see more about the NSA intercepts to know if they have anything at all to do with attacks. Were they just 4 word messages that were intercepted? Where, on cell phones? Any soccer games scheduled on 9/11? Who intercepted the messages and what was the source?

There is something that happens in this world every single day. I would imagine the NSA is quite busy. If there isn't a message similar to that sent somewhere every single day, I would be surprised. Assuming they do their jobs.

Those examples only mean something if you already want them to.
What about drills leading up to and on the day of 9/11 involving plane crashes with the goal of mass casualties? What about the desire to get into Iraq and change the flow of oil because Iraq had begun selling only for the Euro? What about The Project for the New American Century's statement about how a "new pearl harbor" could be a possible catalyst for middle east control?
Old 09-14-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

if they were involved, why would they be getting threats for it?
Old 09-14-10, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What about drills leading up to and on the day of 9/11 involving plane crashes with the goal of mass casualties? What about the desire to get into Iraq and change the flow of oil because Iraq had begun selling only for the Euro? What about The Project for the New American Century's statement about how a "new pearl harbor" could be a possible catalyst for middle east control?
You're doing it again. Throwing out more stuff instead of sticking to the subject.

Focus. Focus. One battle at a time.

What do you have to say about Groucho's post regarding Mineta that placed your quotes in context?
Old 09-14-10, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk God

We can close this thread with something we can all agree on.

It was Bush & Cheney & Rumsfeld who planned and executed the 9/11 attacks.
Old 09-14-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What about The Project for the New American Century's statement about how a "new pearl harbor" could be a possible catalyst for middle east control?
They absolutely did not say that a new Pearl Harbor could be a catalyst for Middle East control. You should read the paper instead of waiting for the crackpot brigade to hope you only read that fraction of a sentence. The Alex Jones crowd routinely takes that quote out of context, when it is actually explaining the difficulties with updating or transforming the US military.

And anyway, if you can't see what's wrong with running drills that explain what you are planning to pull off or the problem with declaring that you support another Pearl Harbor in a published paper that still sits on your website, we can't save you from Alex.
Old 09-14-10, 02:44 PM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
Which account is correct? Beats me. I did my senior studies on Elizabeth Loftus and her Eye-Witness testimony experiments so I'm inclined to side with science and say it is probably a mixture of the two with loads of misremembered facts tossed in as gravy.
While both accounts are different -- the common factor is that in both cases the government was intent on shooting passenger planes down. Either way, the notion that Mineta ever inferred that there were orders to "let the planes hit their target" is false.
Old 09-14-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Only the drills you speak of have no source. What claims are made sound plausible (we have drills) while others about NORAD are very suspect. I already questioned these facts twice with no response from you so I'm going to assume you have no actually information that supports your "facts."

The one source you provided is good at "face value" but holds little weight when explored because almost every citation they used comes from.... a book.

I've already spoken with you about how books are not valid sources because they have an author with no fact-checker. A newspaper is a better source because of this fact. A journal is peer reviewed which makes it an even better source.

Even the books they cite are of the sensational 9/11 conspiracy theory style that panders to the audience that already believes in the conspiracy. The circle-jerk metaphor continues.

I also think it's funny how people keep comparing you to the Creationist loons without knowing that you are in fact a Creationist who think evolution is wrong, Noah put all the animals on a boat (you said they all fit because they were baby animals), and man walked around with dinosaurs.
Old 09-14-10, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

so if emergency responders don't drill for a big event and screw up when it happens like Katrina they are morons and incompetent. if they drill and something happens it's a conspiracy?
Old 09-14-10, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Let's go back to Thor's last post and focus people
Old 09-14-10, 02:50 PM

In response to the supposed claim that I misconstrued evidence that supported the opposite of my claim...

Mineta later followed up with reporters and stated "When I overheard something about 'the orders still stand' and so, what I thought of was that they had already made the decision to shoot something down."

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-5PKQTUz5o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-5PKQTUz5o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

He thought the order was to shoot a plane down yes, because of Cheney's authority to call for a shoot down. From the perspective that the scattered planes were never sent to shoot it down, one could conclude that the true discussion between Cheney and the young man was that the order to stand down (which was also a call he had the authority to make) was the actual order that still stood. The man repeatedly came in as the plane approached the pentagon asking to make sure Cheney hadn't changed the order. After no shoot down took place, it is clear that Cheney wanted to keep NORAD jets from shooting down the airliner-- proof of treason, not negligence, for allowing the Pentagon to be hit.

Last edited by Guarddog; 09-14-10 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-14-10, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jesus. I'm going to go kick myself for getting suckered into trying.
Old 09-14-10, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

He thought the order was to shoot a plane down yes, because of Cheney's authority to call for a shoot down. From the perspective that the scattered planes were never sent to shoot it down, one could conclude that the true discussion between Cheney and the young man was that the order to stand down (which was also a call he had the authority to make) was the actual order that still stood.
Why does one conclude that? Since the planes were scattered shouldn't we conclude the opposite? They just didn't reach there in time.
Old 09-14-10, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This thread is on the 9th page?

Inconceivable!
Old 09-14-10, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So let me get this right....

the proof of the conspiracy is Mineta's testimony. But when we realize Mineta's testimony didn't show a conspiracy, we ignore it and draw conclusions that don't make sense.

is that correct? If not, please explain how it is not.
Old 09-14-10, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Not only inconceivable - but not worthy.
Old 09-14-10, 03:02 PM
Admin

Received 363 Likes on 232 Posts

Not worthy, but you guys just keep posting.

How can this much enjoyment not be worthy?
Old 09-14-10, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm just posting because I know the hard evidence is only a few posts away. The CIA was warned of a possible attack. Maybe that warning is what gave them the idea. All we need is some evidence.
Old 09-14-10, 03:06 PM

From the perspective that the scattered planes were never sent to shoot it down, one could conclude that the true discussion between Cheney and the young man was that the order to stand down (which was also a call he had the authority to make) was the actual order that still stood.
(emphasis mine)

"One could conclude" is not the same as "hard evidence".
Old 09-14-10, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is there any evidence of an order to stand down, other than Mineta not hearing such an order?
Old 09-14-10, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
Is there any evidence of an order to stand down, other than Mineta not hearing such an order?
No, just the opposite in fact. United 77 and United 93 both would have been shot down had the fighter jets gotten there in time, except one hit it's target, and the other was brought down by passengers.
Old 09-14-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If they had been shot down, there would have been conspiracy theorists talking about that.

But if there was an order, of the other people in the room and the pilots and whoever else heard it, someone would have come out and testified to it...right?
Old 09-14-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
No, just the opposite in fact. United 77 and United 93 both would have been shot down had the fighter jets gotten there in time, except one hit it's target, and the other was brought down by passengers.
Yeah, but that's not the evidence I was asking for.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.