Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Do we not have a thread on the Koran burning?

Old 09-10-10, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Do we not have a thread on the Koran burning?

I want to know your thoughts on this. I think the Florida minister is a moran, but I also think all the media hype has just made it so that any moran in the nation can hold the world hostage by claiming they will burn the Koran. But now we also are in a position of having to show an incredible about of tolerance to a group who does not ever seem to return tolerance. And it looks to me like we are bending over backwards to keep from offending a group who will continually be offended by things we hold dear, such as free speech, etc.

In essence, I think we have decided that we will be held hostage by not wanting to offend Islam.

To be sure, the Florida minister is a moran, and I think it was a stupid thing to announce he would do. But it was also far more stupid to turn him into a "somebody" and what the situation has birthed is awful. I'm frankly tired of having to wonder if we should pet a dog because it might offend Muslims.
Old 09-10-10, 12:07 PM

Re: Do we not have a thread on the Koran burning?

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/politics-wo...cancelled.html