Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Homeless man rescues U.S. flag. Commander in chief can't pronounce "corpsman."

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film
View Poll Results: Who loves the U.S. more?
The homeless guy who rescued the flag.
66.67%
The commander in chief who can't pronounce "corpsman."
33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-10, 05:04 PM
Political Exile

I vote for the homeless guy who rescued the flag.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/shGS6KdDcZ8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/shGS6KdDcZ8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlKIfzoC8D0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlKIfzoC8D0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 07-07-10, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Homeless man rescues U.S. flag. Commander in chief can't pronounce "corpsman."

Is there a who the fuck cares forum? I nominate this to be the first post.
Old 07-07-10, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Homeless man rescues U.S. flag. Commander in chief can't pronounce "corpsman."

There's gonna be a lot of grundle posts in there...
Old 07-07-10, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How could I possibly vote without knowing if the homeless guy pronounces it correctly?
Old 07-07-10, 05:36 PM

This is ridiculous even by grundle standards. Let's hope Wikipedia lifts his ban soon.
Old 07-07-10, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw the flag story this morning on CNN.

The poll and OP is lame and ridiculous, but I dig that homeless guy picking up and properly folding the flag. Cool stuff.
Old 07-07-10, 07:08 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Decadance View Post
Is there a who the fuck cares forum?

No, I don't have my own forum.
Old 07-07-10, 07:09 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
This is ridiculous even by grundle standards. Let's hope Wikipedia lifts his ban soon.
I've been making lots of edits under lots of different handles at wikipedia.

It's illegal according to wikipedia rules, but I think "victimless crimes" should be legal.
Old 07-07-10, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by grundle View Post
No, I don't have my own forum.
Thank God for that, even if you try as hard as you can to post as much annoying crap as you can here.
Old 07-07-10, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I always enjoy the drama of Grundle threads.
Old 07-07-10, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

victimless
I demand a recount.

Edited after watching the homeless man video: I didn't know Woody Harrelson was so down on his luck. Possibly researching a movie role?

Last edited by Cheato; 07-07-10 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-07-10, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's illegal according to wikipedia rules, but I think "victimless crimes" should be legal.
So is it that you think the rules don't apply to you? That wikipedia shouldn't be allowed to decide who can and who cannot edit its pages? You just don't believe in accountability?
Old 07-07-10, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
So is it that you think the rules don't apply to you? That wikipedia shouldn't be allowed to decide who can and who cannot edit its pages? You just don't believe in accountability?
He wants the terrorists to win.
Old 07-07-10, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
He must be trying to convert his indefinite ban into a lifetime ban-- especially since editors at wikipedia have access to links to dvdtalk threads where he admits to editing under multiple names after his ban. Bizarre.
Old 07-07-10, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dave7393 View Post
He must be trying to convert his indefinite ban into a lifetime ban-- especially since editors at wikipedia have access to links to dvdtalk threads where he admits to editing under multiple names after his ban. Bizarre.
That's a myth. Although Wikipedia editors appreciate a good movie now and then, they can't read.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ors_Illiterate
Old 07-07-10, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")

It's not a crime at all. It's a rule of a private company which has a right to make and enforce those rules.
Old 07-07-10, 11:03 PM
Banned by request

What would you say, on average, is the dollar amount of what you pilfer from your local Wal-Mart lost and found before your wife donates the rest to Goodwill?
Old 07-08-10, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Three Grundle threads bunched together makes my head hurt.
Old 07-08-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In that case, can I recommend drugs to you. I think crack or meth would do you well. If you're afraid of being arrested, maybe some airplane glue.
Old 07-08-10, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk God

I think this thread has as much 'validity' and merit as a number of threads on this forum have.
Old 07-08-10, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by classicman2 View Post
I think this thread has as much 'validity' and merit as a number of threads on this forum have.
Nothing at all...nothing at all...nothing at all...

Old 07-08-10, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I finally open up this forum thinking, I have been ignoring the political news lately, I'll get some insight from some everyday political debate.... and I open this thread first. :'(
Old 07-08-10, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Joe Camel View Post
Why even let him start these stupid threads? I've been lurking for a number of years already and all the threads he starts are trollish. I imagine him to be an overweight middle-aged nerd slob with thick glasses and curly hair (similar to Jonah Hill, except older) living in his parents basement..... (i know thats a cliche, but so is OP)
'Why even let him start these stupid threads?'

I don't think it's left to the moderators to determine what a stupid thread is.
I damn sure hope not.
Old 07-08-10, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Now if you want to delegate that power to me - I will humbly, accept it.
Old 07-08-10, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet View Post
What would you say, on average, is the dollar amount of what you pilfer from your local Wal-Mart lost and found before your wife donates the rest to Goodwill?
Hey, that is awesome.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.