Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film
View Poll Results: Korean War II
Yay - Kill the bastard North Koreans
57.14%
Nay - Think of the kids
34.29%
Waiting for Twikoff to make a decision
8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Yay or Nay - Korean War II

Old 05-20-10, 04:36 PM
Suspended

Yay or Nay - Korean War II

By JEAN H. LEE, Associated Press Writer Jean H. Lee, Associated Press Writer 33 mins ago

SEOUL, South Korea North Korea, accused of waging the deadliest attack on the South Korean military since the Korean War, flatly denied sinking a warship Thursday and warned that retaliation would mean "all-out war."

Evidence presented Thursday to prove North Korea fired a torpedo that sank a South Korean ship was fabricated by Seoul, North Korean naval spokesman Col. Pak In Ho told broadcaster APTN in an exclusive interview in Pyongyang.

He warned that any move to sanction or strike North Korea would be met with force.

"If (South Korea) tries to deal any retaliation or punishment, or if they try sanctions or a strike on us .... we will answer to this with all-out war," he told APTN.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100520/...rea_ship_sinks

I'm all for it. It's long overdue. Plus the side benefit of nature's finest population control in play.
Old 05-20-10, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Yay or Nay - Korean War II

Might as well. I mean, if we're really pulling out of Iraq by August or whenever then that's a lot of bored troops.
Old 05-20-10, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't believe we have the will to win a war because it means killing anything that gets in your way. I am not for Iraq type war or Afghanistan type war. If we go to war, it should be to win as quickly and decisely as possible....or we shouldn't be going. So I'd say no.
Old 05-20-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Are we going to get involved?
Old 05-20-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
I don't believe we have the will to win a war because it means killing anything that gets in your way. I am not for Iraq type war or Afghanistan type war. If we go to war, it should be to win as quickly and decisely as possible....or we shouldn't be going. So I'd say no.
Then I assume you are for the reinstatement of the draft.
Old 05-20-10, 04:56 PM
Suspended

I don't think the U.S. is going to get involved since it seems China is the boss in that region. I started the thread for the hope of South annihilating North once and for all. But I guess, yeah, I forgot U.S. could be involved yet again.
Old 05-20-10, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

May as well. I'm tired of seeing desert fighting in video games.

Oh yeah, and long overdue.
Old 05-20-10, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't they have far more men in uniform than we do? Either we toss nukes until they quit advancing or we don't.

We just don't have the resources for a massive land war.

Of course, they're bluffing and we're into appeasement and will throw them some bone instead of some nukes.
Old 05-20-10, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm for it, if for no other reason than it's time we got a proper M*A*S*H spinoff.
Old 05-20-10, 05:32 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

canines everywhere are all for it
Old 05-20-10, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SuperJim88 View Post
I don't think the U.S. is going to get involved since it seems China is the boss in that region. I started the thread for the hope of South annihilating North once and for all. But I guess, yeah, I forgot U.S. could be involved yet again.
Since the first to die would be all the U.S. troops on the border we'd have to get involved. Doesn't NK have something like 1000 missles aimed at every SK city? South Korea would be rubble in the first 30 min.
Old 05-20-10, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For years now a majority of South Koreans said the US was a bigger threat to them than NK. I've seen that stuff brought up in things I've read, political discussions about bringing home our troops, etc.

We should get the hell out of there. China wants that mess? Let them have it.
Old 05-20-10, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by classicman2 View Post
Then I assume you are for the reinstatement of the draft.
Why? More people to push buttons for missles to go off?
Old 05-20-10, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse View Post
For years now a majority of South Koreans said the US was a bigger threat to them than NK. I've seen that stuff brought up in things I've read, political discussions about bringing home our troops, etc.

I've seen that as well, and I agree.
Old 05-20-10, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Actually the first war hasn't ended yet. It's just half time.
Old 05-20-10, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Why? More people to push buttons for missles to go off?
You're not going to be able to achieve a complete military victory with just missiles.
Old 05-20-10, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm all for N Korea getting their assess handed to them, but they need to wait at least 18 months till my cousin redeploys outta there.
Old 05-20-10, 09:51 PM
Suspended

China owns the US--of course, I have to ask myself if Saudi Arabia has a bigger chunk but I think they're going broke so I'm leaning towards the Chinese.

We aren't going to do shit. And if we somehow try to grow a brain...China can make things rather difficult for us. As if we aren't fucked economically already. Let China deal with it as they want.
Old 05-21-10, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't think North Korea's threat of "all-out war" is credible. North Korea says a lot of things, most of them turn out to be junk. Hell last week they said that they made significant progress toward mastering nuclear fusion, something that western countries have yet to do. They are so full of shit.

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse View Post
China doesn't want a mess. They are firmly for the status quo to continue. China's biggest fear is for North Korea to become unstable through war or a power vacuum after Kim Jong-il dies. If that happens huge amounts of refuges are expected to come across the Chinese border. On top of that China has some really good economic deals with North Korea that they don't want messed up.

With thousands of U.S. troops on the dmz, I think it is safe to say we are already involved.

South Korea doesn't have the stomach for a war with North Korea. If one did break out you would have North Korean troops in Seoul before the U.S. knew what happened. Just wait for Kim Jong-il to die, and see what kind of person Kim Jong-un is. If he is anything like his other brothers there might be a chance for good things to happen.
Old 05-21-10, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here is a question for you, what the hell did/does North Korea have to gain by sinking the Cheonan? Which started this whole thing to begin with.
Old 05-21-10, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Japan owns a lot of our debt, too. Right behind China.
http://www.ustreas.gov/tic/mfh.txt

I think this Korea thing is worth paying attention to. See what China does in the UN. China seems to be near its own economic trouble - now it's suspected there's a housing bubble and growth is too fast.

I admit I'm in the camp that prefers to wait for Kim Jong-Il to die off. By then, it's my hope that South Korea population will be so much larger than NK's that NK has no choice but to peacefully merge.

SK has made a serious accusation and I hope their evidence is solid. Did investigators talk with anyone from NK?
Old 05-21-10, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Lots of bluster and talk..but this has been going back and forth for decades..I don't think there is going to be war.
Old 05-21-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

We are already involved, we have about 30k troops on the DMZ. They will be the first 'line' of defense for any potential invasion.
Old 05-21-10, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk God

I understand we have 30,000+ troops in SK. That's not what I'm talking about.
Old 05-21-10, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I understand we have 30,000+ troops in SK. That's not what I'm talking about.
What are you talking about then? Any aggression by NK across the border will get a response from the United States.

here is some good articles from Global Security, about NK/SK/US forces, and our current Battle plans.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...rea-crisis.htm

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.