Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

It's time for senior citizens, white people, Cubans, and men to stand together...

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

It's time for senior citizens, white people, Cubans, and men to stand together...

Old 04-26-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk God

once again.

hahn's thread about if tea party people were black, got me to thinking.

Imagine if a Republican announced that itwas time for the old people, white people, men, and Cubans to stand together once again. Well, that's essentially what The Obama just did, but naturally he said, "young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women who powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again."

What a wonderful post-racial societ The Obama has ushered in. Any liberals have a problem with TO doing this, or is that okay?
Old 04-26-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: It's time for senior citizens, white people, Cubans, and men to stand together...

To be fair, he wasn't talking about the 5% of black people who didn't vote for him.
Old 04-26-10, 04:15 PM

Re: It's time for senior citizens, white people, Cubans, and men to stand together...

As an old white man, do whatever you want, as long as you stay off my yard while doing it.
Old 04-26-10, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't believe that racist motherfucker asked his supporters to reach out to the people who were first-time voters in 2010. As a white dude, I can say that this is exactly the same as when black people were told they had to sit at the back of the bus, only a million times worse.
Old 04-26-10, 04:35 PM
Banned by request

Kvrdave, you should know that Obama wiped out racism when he took office. Please learn how to use your DoubleSpeak or you will be "corrected."
Old 04-26-10, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

I can't believe that racist motherfucker asked his supporters to reach out to the people who were first-time voters in 2010. As a white dude, I can say that this is exactly the same as when black people were told they had to sit at the back of the bus, only a million times worse.
Yes, because that is exactly what everyone is saying.
Old 04-26-10, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
Yes, because that is exactly what everyone is saying.
You flatter me, but I'm not everyone. I'm just one man.
Old 04-26-10, 06:54 PM

It must be Glenn Beck's birthday.

Last edited by TheBigDave; 04-26-10 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Fixed misspelling
Old 04-26-10, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

Translation of the Moonbat language from the Obama video = The Honkeys want their power back

Seriously, is Obama going to be able to get Peggy Joseph back in the booth since the payment for her vote didnt come thru......

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P36x8rTb3jI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P36x8rTb3jI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 04-26-10, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Cubans?
Old 04-27-10, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Notorious Republicans who hate gays.
Old 04-27-10, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i see this kind of argument all the time in the media. Usually the left wing just ridicules them, and the right wing blows their jokes out of proportion as representative of media bias. I don't see what the point of arguing over all these hypothetical situations is. They're not representative of reality.
Old 04-27-10, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Notorious Republicans who hate gays.
Okay... didn't know that. However it's kind of ironic considering that Cuban men are sort of effeminate and goofy.

Of course, I'm a midwesterner so the only Cuban-American I'm familiar with is Ricky Ricardo...