DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   Far Right Crazies, (now public/private sector compensation talk) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/572747-far-right-crazies-now-public-private-sector-compensation-talk.html)

maingon 04-22-10 03:07 PM

Far Right Crazies, (now public/private sector compensation talk)
 
What is going on with some of the people on the far right? One whos trying to pass legislation that Birthers want.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_8VQVhRmAc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_8VQVhRmAc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>


Then I seen this video of a guy interviewing people at a Tea Party, and one women says Obama is trying to Ban Fishing in america.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zbyFeFhUTmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zbyFeFhUTmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

CRM114 04-22-10 03:08 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
We had a whole thread on how Obama plans on banning knives.

Th0r S1mpson 04-22-10 03:12 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
If the government gives a man a fish, they will keep coming to the government for more fish.

Teach a man to fish and they will start voting Republican. And Democrats will increase their fishing license fees.

Talkin2Phil 04-22-10 03:18 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
I'm going to stock up on hooks and sinkers!

cpgator 04-22-10 03:20 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
They probably just need a govt funded vacation.

wendersfan 04-22-10 03:22 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
So this is what the forum has come to?

Shoot me now, please.

CRM114 04-22-10 03:25 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
Moderators can moderate you know. Just sayin'.

classicman2 04-22-10 03:31 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
I think our esteemed moderator is beginning to take this forum a little too seriously. ;)

I think it's a good thread. :)

It will probably garner quite a few responses. That is the purpose of this forum, isn't it?

Ky-Fi 04-22-10 03:36 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
Banning fishing?! I wish the damn government would keep its hands out of our pockets and off of our poles!" :rimshot:

Supermallet 04-22-10 03:56 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
If he bans fishing, how is he going to collect revenue on all those fishing licenses?

Red Dog 04-22-10 04:06 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by wendersfan (Post 10119568)
So this is what the forum has come to?

Shoot me now, please.

No....hemlock is the preferred method. ;)

I for one look forward to the Post an Idiot from the Left or Right video thread subforum. :thumbsup:

Norm de Plume 04-22-10 04:44 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 10119699)
I for one look forward to the Post an Idiot from the Left or Right video thread subforum. :thumbsup:

That's a good idea.

Second video: There were one or two incisive, well-considered comments mixed in with the woefully ignorant swill of the majority. I feel sorry for informed, rational folks who show up at those rallies and find themselves amidst throngs of catchphrase-repeating troglodytes.

Tsar Chasm 04-22-10 05:22 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
I think it has come this.

When asked what the tea party wants to fix specifically, there is no answer.

I believe they want the ability to protest and bluster about the economy being in the shitter and the presidency is an easy target. There are no pin point issues they want solved and when it is pointed out to them that the issue they DO want resolved affects them DIRECTLY, they quickly backstep.

Tea Party - Get your Blowhard Bluster On!

I support their right to have a temper tantrum, provided nobody gets hurt. That's all this really is. I've raised two sons. I know what a temper tantrum is.

Groucho 04-22-10 05:25 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
I'm guessing that the banning fishing lady is one of the tea party infiltrators. That's a bit over-the-top, to say it mildly.

classicman2 04-22-10 05:48 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by Tsar Chasm (Post 10119870)
I think it has come this.

When asked what the tea party wants to fix specifically, there is no answer.

I just saw a segment of Hardball.

I think Ron Paul (and I'm certainly no fan of Ron Paul) made it clear what the Tea Party wants to fix.

JasonF 04-22-10 05:52 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
Are you going to share with the rest of us, or do I have to watch {shudder} Chris Matthews to find out?

Th0r S1mpson 04-22-10 06:20 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by Tsar Chasm (Post 10119870)
I think it has come this.

When asked what the tea party wants to fix specifically, there is no answer.

I think the Tea Party has been pretty clear in opposing the steady growth of government, such as with the new Health Care legislation.

You might ask what they want specifically for health care reform. I think the response would be a market-based solution with increased competition across states, or nothing at all. Because "something" isn't always better than nothing.

Just because you don't hear their answer doesn't mean there isn't one.

When they say they are overtaxed, it doesn't mean they simply want taxes cut. It means they want to decrease spending and programs such that tax cuts would be the result, and thwart new programs that are being implemented that will result in future taxation.

sracer 04-22-10 07:36 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson (Post 10119989)
I think the Tea Party has been pretty clear in opposing the steady growth of government, such as with the new Health Care legislation.

You might ask what they want specifically for health care reform. I think the response would be a market-based solution with increased competition across states, or nothing at all. Because "something" isn't always better than nothing.

Just because you don't hear their answer doesn't mean there isn't one.

When they say they are overtaxed, it doesn't mean they simply want taxes cut. It means they want to decrease spending and programs such that tax cuts would be the result, and thwart new programs that are being implemented that will result in future taxation.

If what you say is an accurate representation of the Tea Partiers, then they are pretty foolish if they believe that Republicans are any closer to their positions than Democrats.

Th0r S1mpson 04-22-10 07:56 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by sracer (Post 10120149)
they are pretty foolish if they believe that Republicans are any closer to their positions than Democrats.

Most of what I've heard has them pretty upset at both parties at the moment. Republicans supported the stimuli, for the most part the bailouts... items the Tea Party is quite strongly opposed to.

wendersfan 04-22-10 08:01 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson (Post 10120215)
Most of what I've heard has them pretty upset at both parties at the moment. Republicans supported the stimuli, for the most part the bailouts... items the Tea Party is quite strongly opposed to.

Yes, but when it comes to election day, they'll vote Republican because those are the candidates telling them what they want to hear.

Mad Dawg 04-22-10 08:25 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by JasonF (Post 10119933)
Are you going to share with the rest of us, or do I have to watch {shudder} Chris Matthews to find out?

I think he more discussed his point of view than the tea party in general, mainly because Matthews was talking about the social vs. fiscal views in the movement and how supporters are split. He even conceeded the point that most tea partiers probably don't share his social views. Matthews pointed out the split between Paul's portion tea party and Pailin's. And Paul took what I'd imagine was a little jab at Palin in the end.

Th0r S1mpson 04-22-10 08:28 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by wendersfan (Post 10120227)
Yes, but when it comes to election day, they'll vote Republican because those are the candidates telling them what they want to hear.

I think that goes without saying, since the Democrats are also being completely dismissive. What will be interesting is whether the level this has reached has any staying power with elected candidates should tides shift. So long as Republicans are in the minority, they can safely keep to the message of fiscal responsibility without much required to back it up.

classicman2 04-22-10 08:31 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 
It's difficult for a libertarian to discuss his social views. For example, he might be pro-life in his personal beliefs, but might not believe that he should force his personal views on other people. I think Paul said as much.

He also indicated that when questioned about same-sex marriages. He said he believed that government shouldn't be involved in marriage period.

Rockmjd23 04-22-10 08:32 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by wendersfan (Post 10120227)
Yes, but when it comes to election day, they'll vote Republican because those are the candidates telling them what they want to hear.

Also because The Tea Party isn't a real political party with candidates. :lol:

Th0r S1mpson 04-22-10 08:57 PM

Re: Far Right Crazies, from Birthers to Women saying Obama is gonna Ban Fishing
 

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 10120333)
Also because The Tea Party isn't a real political party with candidates.

Nor was their namesake in Boston.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.