Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

The Treasury is Soliciting Feedback Regarding the Proposed Annuitization of 401(k)s

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The Treasury is Soliciting Feedback Regarding the Proposed Annuitization of 401(k)s

Old 02-01-10, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Courtesy of Zero Hedge...

The Treasury Is Soliciting Your Feedback Regarding The Proposed Annuitization Of 401(k)

Originally Posted by The Treasury
The Department of Labor and the Department of the Treasury (the "Agencies") are currently reviewing the rules under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the plan qualification rules under the Internal Revenue Code (Code) to determine whether, and, if so, how, the Agencies could or should enhance, by regulation or otherwise, the retirement security of participants in employer-sponsored retirement plans and in individual retirement arrangements (IRAs) by facilitating access to, and use of, lifetime income or other arrangements designed to provide a lifetime stream of income after retirement. The purpose of this request for information is to solicit views, suggestions and comments from plan participants, employers and other plan sponsors, plan service providers, and members of the financial community, as well as the general public, on this important issue.
Full test of the request can be found HERE

Comments should be sent to [email protected]. Include RIN 1210-AB33 in the subject line of the message.

Hmmm, I thought we already had some sort of Social program for the Security of retirees, but I can't seem to think of what it is.

The pessimist in me wonders... when the Treasury stops being able to find enough foreign buyers for T-Bills, will we be forced to invest some of our 401(k)s in T-Bills? Even if that is not the end goal of this, please keep your hands off my 401(k). Thanks.
Old 02-01-10, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The Treasury is Soliciting Feedback Regarding the Proposed Annuitization of 401(k

I want my money to be worth more, make more of it, at the expense of other people. Thanks for asking, Treasury!
Old 02-01-10, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Treasury is Soliciting Feedback Regarding the Proposed Annuitization of 401(k

Originally Posted by Jeremy517 View Post
The pessimist in me wonders... when the Treasury stops being able to find enough foreign buyers for T-Bills, will we be forced to invest some of our 401(k)s in T-Bills? Even if that is not the end goal of this, please keep your hands off my 401(k). Thanks.
Had not thought of that. It would suck. Fortunately, I don't see it happening, and I don't think it could happen fast enough to do the Feds any good.