Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Is Sarah Palin going to be our next President?

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film
View Poll Results: Would you vote for Sarah Palin for President of the U.S. in the general election?
No
67.33%
Yes
25.74%
Maybe
6.93%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Is Sarah Palin going to be our next President?

Old 01-13-10, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: Is Sarah Palin going to be our next President?

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
I guess I will be the only poster to support Palin if she runs. Do I think the Repubs could produce a more viable candidate? Of course. Would she be my first choice? No. Would I like her to have a bit more foreign policy experience? Sure. If she won the nomination would I support her? Hell yes. I would rather Palin than ANY liberal at this time. That includes the dim bulb clusterfuck we have in the White House today.

I do not let the media decide what I think about a politician, especially about the intelligence of any conservative. As a person who has known about Palin since she was a mayor I have had time to make up my own mind and like what I see. During her run for governor I had many long talks with my father who is active in the state’s politics and still resides in Alaska. She was definitely unjustly maligned and I think a lot of weak minded people allowed there opinion to be swayed.
Are you including Bill Krystol in that group? Because the once master cheerleader for Palin has since grudgingly admitted that she needs work. After countless hours on cable news defending her qualifications and her readiness, and blaming the "gotcha media", he then finally comes clean and admits he is wrong.

I contend that the weak minded people you describe are the ones who ignored or lacked common sense and believed the lie. There's another batch of weak minded people who believed another lie... that Obama was ready for the job as well.
Old 01-13-10, 08:03 AM

Received 163 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
I do not let the media decide what I think about a politician
Or you do and simply don't realize it.
Old 01-13-10, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell the forum which Republican would be a more viable candidate.

Do you see any Republican with the charisma that Palin has?

I don't. I'm not saying one might not come along in the next year or so - but, now I don't see any on the horizon.
Old 01-13-10, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by classicman2 View Post
Tell the forum which Republican would be a more viable candidate.

Do you see any Republican with the charisma that Palin has?

I don't. I'm not saying one might not come along in the next year or so - but, now I don't see any on the horizon.
A small, albeit significant, percentage of voters love Palin. Far more voters have strong negative feelings about her. Since you are part of the former you discount the latter.
Old 01-13-10, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk God

First of all - I don't love any politician.

Of course you're in love with one - Obama.
Old 01-13-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Many of Palin's critics envision themselves as intellectuals.

Some probably are - most are probably not.
Old 01-13-10, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charisma? I suppose. She's attractive for her age on one hand but on the other, charisma requires some sort of speaking ability. She can certainly give a speech but does she have any knowledge at all behind what she says? She's a B.A. student from a half-ass university with no real expertise in anything. I don't even think she understands the Republican positions she attempts to champion.

And there goes classicman2 again falling for the attractive conservative woman.
Old 01-13-10, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

Many of Palin's critics envision themselves as intellectuals.

Some probably are - most are probably not.
This completely sums up her entire appeal.

"People who hate her think their sooooo smart"

Especially telling from a former Democrat apologist who suddenly becomes a Populist Republican when the party moves away from Southern Fried Candidates.
Old 01-13-10, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk God

You can say the same thing about a bunch of politicians - including the one we have in the White House.

She did some executive experience - you can't say the same thing about the one we have in the White House.
Old 01-13-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez View Post

Especially telling from a former Democrat apologist who suddenly becomes a Populist Republican when the party moves away from Southern Fried Candidates.
If by that you mean me - you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 01-13-10, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

Question, would you think Palin was sooooo appealing if John Edwards won in '08?
Old 01-13-10, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Being a Senator is not the usual progression. Apparently we are now finding out why.
tell that to Martin Van Buren

quitting office to make money is what she did. I guess that could be considered the "usual progression" with regard politicians...
Old 01-13-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
A small, albeit significant, percentage of voters love Palin. Far more voters have strong negative feelings about her. Since you are part of the former you discount the latter.
Change Palin with Clinton, and that reads the same. I don't think Palin will ever be a serious contender, but I never thought Hillary would be (on a national level) either. I don't think Palin is any more polarizing than Clinton was.
Old 01-13-10, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

"Let's teach those city folk a lesson!"
Old 01-13-10, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dork View Post
"Let's teach those city folk a lesson!"
"I dont know much about no booK learnin!
Old 01-13-10, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Question, would you think Palin was sooooo appealing if John Edwards won in '08?
I challenge you to show me where I said she was appealing.

I said she had charisma. That doesn't mean I believe she's appealing.

I think Adolph Hitler had charisma. I don't believe he was all that appealing.

What does John Edwards have to do with this?
Old 01-13-10, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does she or does she not have better boobs than Hitler?
Old 01-13-10, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I challenge you to show me where I said she was appealing.

I said she had charisma. That doesn't mean I believe she's appealing.

I think Adolph Hitler had charisma. I don't believe he was all that appealing.

What does John Edwards have to do with this?
Do you ever ACTUALLY state your opinion anywhere, oh King of Plausible Deniability? All of your thousands of posts can be attributed to just stating other peoples ideas or 'just sayin'

Its your posting style, fortunatly 99% of the people here see through it.
Old 01-13-10, 11:23 AM

Change Palin with Clinton, and that reads the same. I don't think Palin will ever be a serious contender, but I never thought Hillary would be (on a national level) either. I don't think Palin is any more polarizing than Clinton was.
I was surprised at this, but compared to Sarah Palin, Americans seem to think Hilary Clinton is Mother Theresa. Below is some data from surveys conducted by CNN/ORC last month.

<table border=1 cellpadding=2><tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td><div align="center">Favorable</div></td><td><div align="center">Unfavorable</div></td><td><div align="center">Difference</div></td></tr><tr><td>Hilary Clinton</td><td><div align="center">64</div></td><td><div align="center">30</div></td><td><div align="center">34</div></td></tr><tr><td>Sarah Palin</td><td><div align="center">44</div></td><td><div align="center">47</div></td><td><div align="center">-3</div></td></tr><tr><td>Dick Cheney</td><td><div align="center">39</div></td><td><div align="center">53</div></td><td><div align="center">-14</div></td></tr><tr><td>Joe Biden</td><td><div align="center">47</div></td><td><div align="center">36</div></td><td><div align="center">11</div></td></tr><tr><td>Al Gore</td><td><div align="center">52</div></td><td><div align="center">42</div></td><td><div align="center">10</div></td></tr><tr><td>Joe Lieberman</td><td><div align="center">31</div></td><td><div align="center">34</div></td><td><div align="center">-3</div></td></tr></table>Source: CNN/Opinion Research Corporation

Only when compared to someone like Dick Cheney is Palin well-regarded.
Old 01-13-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you ever ACTUALLY state your opinion anywhere, oh King of Plausible Deniability? All of your thousands of posts can be attributed to just stating other peoples ideas or 'just sayin'

Its your posting style, fortunatly 99% of the people here see through it.
He clearly stated his opinion on her charisma. He wasn't the one that brought up "appealing." I don't see the problem with clarifying what he meant when words were put in his mouth.

This is also a pretty strong opinion: "Many of Palin's critics envision themselves as intellectuals. Some probably are - most are probably not."

And one I agree with.
Old 01-13-10, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk God

I've stated over & over my opinion on the major issues that confront this country. I don't know where you've been.
Old 01-13-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
I was surprised at this, but compared to Sarah Palin, Americans seem to think Hilary Clinton is Mother Theresa. Below is some data from surveys conducted by CNN/ORC last month.

<table border=1 cellpadding=2><tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td><div align="center">Favorable</div></td><td><div align="center">Unfavorable</div></td><td><div align="center">Difference</div></td></tr><tr><td>Hilary Clinton</td><td><div align="center">64</div></td><td><div align="center">30</div></td><td><div align="center">34</div></td></tr><tr><td>Sarah Palin</td><td><div align="center">44</div></td><td><div align="center">47</div></td><td><div align="center">-3</div></td></tr><tr><td>Dick Cheney</td><td><div align="center">39</div></td><td><div align="center">53</div></td><td><div align="center">-14</div></td></tr><tr><td>Joe Biden</td><td><div align="center">47</div></td><td><div align="center">36</div></td><td><div align="center">11</div></td></tr><tr><td>Al Gore</td><td><div align="center">52</div></td><td><div align="center">42</div></td><td><div align="center">10</div></td></tr><tr><td>Joe Lieberman</td><td><div align="center">31</div></td><td><div align="center">34</div></td><td><div align="center">-3</div></td></tr></table>Source: CNN/Opinion Research Corporation

Only when compared to someone like Dick Cheney is Palin well-regarded.
Keep in mind, I am talking about Hillary roughly 5 and 9 years ago. I am not surprised at all that people don't have much of a negative opinion of her now. She's had her dick cut off.
Old 01-13-10, 11:45 AM
X
Administrator

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Kind of ironic.
Old 01-13-10, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought he was talking about their sooooo smart.
Old 01-13-10, 12:19 PM

Keep in mind, I am talking about Hillary roughly 5 and 9 years ago. I am not surprised at all that people don't have much of a negative opinion of her now. She's had her dick cut off.
I would agree, and I am willing to bet if I looked at older numbers this would be the case.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.