DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   Operation Northwoods and 9/11 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/564560-operation-northwoods-9-11-a.html)

jeffbase34 11-10-09 08:58 AM

Operation Northwoods and 9/11

I read an article last week about this declassified proposed OP, and it floored me. While the proposal was rejected in 1962 by President Kennedy, it chills me that top brass would even consider such a thing.

The operation called for staging a fake US invasion, then blame it on Cuba so we have justification to go to war with Cuba. This one really stuck out:

"Hijacking attempts against civil air and surface craft should appear to continue as harassing measures condoned by the government of Cuba"

I immediately thought of the 911 attacks. I've always maintained that the 911 conspiracy people are just nutballs, and I still do for the most part, but one thing unnerves me.

Why did Bush so calmly react to the news of the attacks and keep on reading? Maybe we just have a Hollywood image of our president springing to action, but it sure looks like he had foreknowledge.

And if they could propose something like Operation Northwood, could it be proposed again to start a new war? Scary just how much power our leaders have.

You can read about the op here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Groucho 11-10-09 09:04 AM

Re: Operation Northwoods and 9/11

:lol: You simultaneously dismiss 9/11 conspiracy theorists as "nutballs" in the same post where you posit your own 9/11 conspiracy theory.

Howiefan 11-10-09 09:07 AM

Who are you and where did you come from?

General Zod 11-10-09 09:33 AM

[:tinfoil:]

This makes sense. Bush totally planned 9/11 for his own pleasure, created Katrina with his hurricane machine, and paid off supreme court judges to win the election. I don't believe in these conspiracies but I really think they are probably very true.

[/:tinfoil:]

Nausicaa 11-10-09 10:31 AM

Iraq didn't have any connection to 9/11 in any case, so I wouldn't think Bush needed to stage such a thing to invade.

starman9000 11-10-09 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by General Zod (Post 9826950)
I don't believe in these conspiracies but I really think they are probably very true.

:thumbsup::lol:

rw2516 11-10-09 11:10 AM

Gulf of Tonkin

jeffbase34 11-10-09 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 9826892)
:lol: You simultaneously dismiss 9/11 conspiracy theorists as "nutballs" in the same post where you posit your own 9/11 conspiracy theory.

I'm just asking questions, not proposing any theories. The evidence is still weak for a 911 conspiracy, but it does make a person wonder.

Tommy Ceez 11-10-09 11:56 AM

So a theoretical plan in '62 provides some indication that a Theory about '01 with ZERO proof is possible?

Heres a question...the planning of NORTHWINDS is known and documented but never executed...how could the '01 plan be executed but have absolutely no trail?

dork 11-10-09 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34 (Post 9827143)
it does make a person wonder.

I think there's an adjective missing.

Groucho 11-10-09 12:10 PM

Is it possible that Del Monte kills pandas? I'm just asking, not accusing. I find it curious that they've never denied this allegation. If they don't kill pandas, why not just release a press statement saying such!

Cheato 11-10-09 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by dork (Post 9827217)
i think there's an adjective missing.

rotfl

Sean O'Hara 11-10-09 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34 (Post 9826884)
I immediately thought of the 911 attacks. I've always maintained that the 911 conspiracy people are just nutballs, and I still do for the most part, but one thing unnerves me.

Why did Bush so calmly react to the news of the attacks and keep on reading? Maybe we just have a Hollywood image of our president springing to action, but it sure looks like he had foreknowledge.

If he had foreknowledge, why would he act like he had foreknowledge? Wouldn't that give it away?

The more likely explanation is whoever whispered in his ear didn't fully convey what was going on.

JasonF 11-10-09 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara (Post 9827575)
If he had foreknowledge, why would he act like he had foreknowledge? Wouldn't that give it away?

That's what makes it so devious. By acting like he had foreknowledge, you assume he couldn't have possibly had foreknowledge, or he would have acted like he didn't have foreknowledge. But that's just what they want you to think!

wishbone 11-10-09 03:06 PM

http://i37.tinypic.com/b6vc6r.jpg
Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Ky-Fi 11-10-09 03:52 PM

I think if we were to see the "contingency plans" that have been drawn up by different government agencies pursuant to various hypothetical scenarios, it would probably give all of us nightmares. I do have some faith that the system presents quite a few barriers before any plans actually become policy.

JasonF 11-10-09 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi (Post 9827791)
I think if we were to see the "contingency plans" that have been drawn up by different government agencies pursuant to various hypothetical scenarios, it would probably give all of us nightmares. I do have some faith that the system presents quite a few barriers before any plans actually become policy.

"Quick! Implement the contingency plan labeled "To be used in case Ky-Fi types the sentence 'I do have some faith that the system presents quite a few barriers before any plans actually become policies.' Wait. He said policy. False alarm! Cancel execution of Operation Ky-Fi Faith!"

porieux 11-10-09 06:12 PM

Anyone who believes that planes could fly hijacked that long in US airspace without being intercepted is pretty gullible.

General Zod 11-10-09 06:41 PM

I still say that when Bush was reading to the kids and Andrew Card whispered in his ear that a plane had hit the towers that Bush should have immediately stood up and shouted "OMG!!!" and ran around the room with his arms flailing, running over kids, and eventually running through the wall leaving an outline of himself as he ran full speed towards the Whitehouse. Anything else and he obviously knew.

JasonF 11-10-09 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by General Zod (Post 9828183)
I still say that when Bush was reading to the kids and Andrew Card whispered in his ear that a plane had hit the towers that Bush should have immediately stood up and shouted "OMG!!!" and ran around the room with his arms flailing, running over kids, and eventually running through the wall leaving an outline of himself as he ran full speed towards the Whitehouse. Anything else and he obviously knew.

That's silly. You wouldn't shout "OMG!!!" You would shout "Oh my God!!!"

kvrdave 11-10-09 08:50 PM

The fact that there is no proof only goes to show just how deep this conspiracy was.

crazyronin 11-10-09 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave (Post 9828427)
The fact that there is no proof only goes to show just how deep this conspiracy was.

THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK!!!1!

:tinfoil:

starman9000 11-10-09 09:48 PM

Also, the fact that there were so many video proves it was fake, as well as the fact that there were so few videos of United 93 and the Pentagon.

Rockmjd23 11-10-09 09:52 PM

Rosie O'Donnell said that 7 WTC was blown up by explosives. When has she ever been wrong?

Tommy Ceez 11-11-09 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by porieux (Post 9828116)
Anyone who believes that planes could fly hijacked that long in US airspace without being intercepted is pretty gullible.

I must be the only person without this dude on ignore