Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Communist "Truther" is current Obama environmental advisor

Old 09-04-09, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Communist "Truther" is current Obama environmental advisor

The signed statement is one thing, 911Truth could certainly have misled many of the supposed 'signatories'.

I'm not sure how they explain his presence on an organizing committee for a 9/11 Truther march in San Francisco in 2002.
Old 09-04-09, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movielib View Post
I just want to say I posted about this guy on July 14 in the Global Warming thread (Posts #178 and #181).
Then I give you credit for the scoop. I TRY to keep up with the Global Warming thread, but it would take up about 50% of my DVDTalk forum time to do so.
Old 09-04-09, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi View Post
Then I give you credit for the scoop. I TRY to keep up with the Global Warming thread, but it would take up about 50% of my DVDTalk forum time to do so.
I don't put in 12 hours a day on that thread for nothing.
Old 09-04-09, 09:02 PM

I just want to say I posted about this guy on July 14 in the Global Warming thread (Posts #178 and #181).
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Little Green Footballs is saying that the idea that this guy is a Truther is bullshit. When LGF stands up for a member of the Obama administration, you know the charges are ludicrous.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/arti...ey_Were_Misled
And I don't give a shit if he is a truther or not, (I don't even know exactly what the hell that is), but I do care that a person sympathetic to communist ideas and who believes in the fantasy of 'green' jobs is in a special advisory role regarding the economic composition of our nation. The fact that he is an idiot as well only slightly makes it worse.
Old 09-04-09, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Pharoh View Post
And I don't give a shit if he is a truther or not, (I don't even know exactly what the hell that is), but I do care that a person sympathetic to communist ideas and who believes in the fantasy of 'green' jobs is in a special advisory role regarding the economic composition of our nation. The fact that he is an idiot as well only slightly makes it worse.
Old 09-04-09, 09:12 PM

By the way, thanks for the latest post in the global warming thread. I went there looking for truth after hearing about the latest arctic study on the radio. You can guess whether both sides were presented.
Old 09-04-09, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

By the way, thanks for the latest post in the global warming thread. I went there looking for truth after hearing about the latest arctic study on the radio. You can guess whether both sides were presented.
Yeah, what a crock of shit study. But I heard Thom Hartmann crowing about it today. What a yutz.

And that's really the whole idea. Get a crap study published (it's not hard when your alarmist friends are the "peers"). It gets demolished but that doesn't matter because you know the MSM will pick it up and ignore dozens of better studies that say the opposite. It will live forever in the alarmosphere.
Old 09-04-09, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess this guy believes the green jobs in Spain were a big hit.
Old 09-04-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't put in 12 hours a day on that thread for nothing.
Oh, I hear you. I've got my own topic that I'm pathologically obsessed with, that few others are interested in

Hmmm....that reminds me, I've got to get to work......
Old 09-05-09, 12:18 AM

Van Jones has a CD. While he was Co-Founder/Director of the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, they had a record label called Freedom Fighter Music that put out 2-3 albums.

He was asked about it in a USA Today article in Feb 2003:

[I understand you have] developed a record label, Freedom Fighter Music.

Jones: Yes, we've had one for a little more than a year. Our second CD is coming out this year.
Here's a clip with Jones (around 3:45):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gRi1xoeLno&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gRi1xoeLno&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Various Singers-Poets: The American way, manufactured by these white folks in office. By these rich men here to mock us. The United States is a stolen land led by right-wing, war hungry, oil thirsty. And when it's all said and done they still can't clean their own place because they got people of color playing servant to do that sh*t for them... The true terrorists are made in the US, in this police state... The US is a crack-fiend for oil. And they're ready to rape, kill, assault, rob anybody and everybody...

Bombing babies in the night. Two wrongs don't make a right... The US needs to exit its colonies in Iraq, in the region and finally in Israel.

Van Jones: At this point. The end of the occupation. The right of return of the Palestinian people. These are critical dividing lines in human rights. We have to be here. No American would put up with an Israeli-style occupation of their home town for 53 days let alone 54 years. US tax dollars are funding violence against people of color in the US borders and outside the US borders.
http://www.verumserum.com/?p=8166
Old 09-05-09, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

When you read the STORM document that VinVega posted, they talk about 9/11, and they specifically say that they blame "the US first and foremost." Now, they were primarily talking about the horrible, imperialist, capitalist US engendering so much understandable hatred that the world had no choice but to strike back at us, but I seriously doubt that any of that group would deny the likelihood that the Bush administration was in on it.
Except this thread is about a person from STORM who specificially denies that he thinks the Bush administration was in on it.
Old 09-05-09, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Why are green jobs a fantasy?
Old 09-05-09, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Except this thread is about a person from STORM who specificially denies that he thinks the Bush administration was in on it.
That's certainly your prerogative to believe that his current denials have nothing to do with keeping his job and not embarrassing the administration, and that he has always been a staunch defender of Bush and Cheney's honest and noble intentions in regards to 9/11.
Old 09-05-09, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Why are green jobs a fantasy?
http://www.icis.com/blogs/green-chem...obs-learn.html

The price of green jobs? Learn from Spain
By Doris De Guzman on April 8, 2009

The group Western Business Roundtable sent an email yesterday about a Spanish study concluding that for every green job created in Spain resulted in the loss of 2.2 other jobs.

The study finds that only one in 10 renewable energy jobs created in Spain were of a permanent nature. Two-thirds consisted of temporary jobs in construction, fabrication and installation jobs; one quarter were positions in administration, marketing and projects engineering; and only one of ten was related to more permanent operations and maintenance of renewable power systems.

The study was prepared under the direction of Dr. Gabriel Calzada, an economics professor at Juan Carlos University in Madrid.

The study calculated that, since 2000, Spain spent $774,000 to create each "green job", including subsidies of more than $1.3 million per wind industry job. It found that creating those jobs resulted in the destruction of nearly 113,000 jobs elsewhere in the economy, or 2.2 jobs destroyed for every "green job" created. Jobs lost were mostly in the fields of metallurgy, non-metallic mining and food processing, beverage and tobacco.
"The loss of jobs could be greater if you account for the amount of lost industry that moves out of the country due to higher energy prices," Calzada said in an interview with Bloomberg News.
Western Business Roundtable also noted that the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) recently calculated that Spain's annual emissions of carbon dioxide have increased by nearly 50 percent since the launch of the subsidized "green jobs" program.

The moral of the study, according to Calzada: Renewable energy stimulus and subsidies are not the answer to solving the current economic crisis.

I wonder what will?
Old 09-05-09, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, that thread needs Cliff Notes.
Old 09-06-09, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like Jones has now been misled into spending more time with his family.

Which means the New York Times may finally cover this story.
Old 09-06-09, 01:48 AM

Another nail in the coffin of MSM News. NYT, NBC & ABC never covered the story. WaPo did a little blurb on Saturday and CBS ran a short clip on Friday. But the only people really covering this story (and doing any investigation) was FNC and the blogosphere.
Old 09-06-09, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glenn Beck 1, scum nothing
Old 09-06-09, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He resigned.

Putting it out at 2AM Sunday on a holiday weekend is a pretty good dumping ground. The Sunday shows should pick it up, but I wonder if it could even make the morning papers, should they decide it is finally newsworthy.
Old 09-06-09, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yup, thrown to the wolves.

He "resigned to avoid a distraction to the administration." Better vetting could have done that upfront.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090906/...ment_adviser_2

Edit: Of course, this raises the question: Was he set out as "wolf bait" to distract conservatives and protect the herd? It's always bad to be the lamb.

Last edited by OldDude; 09-06-09 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-06-09, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy View Post
Glenn Beck 1, scum nothing
I'm pretty sure the scum have a better record than that
Old 09-06-09, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
Beck has been going after this guy for about 2 weeks. He did a big show about it last night:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/twZbboyYzuM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/twZbboyYzuM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LoRB5-qWA_Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LoRB5-qWA_Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yP5ukdtS-ks&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yP5ukdtS-ks&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Not one response response from the White house??? That's pretty cowardly of them.
Old 09-06-09, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OldDude View Post
Yup, thrown to the wolves.

He "resigned to avoid a distraction to the administration." Better vetting could have done that upfront.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090906/...ment_adviser_2

Edit: Of course, this raises the question: Was he set out as "wolf bait" to distract conservatives and protect the herd? It's always bad to be the lamb.
That article and this one http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090906/...dviser_resigns

doesn't even mention all the other stuff Glen Beck exposed on his show. The media is truly biased.
Old 09-06-09, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Has it occurred to anyone here that maybe he "resigned" so that he wouldn't be allowed to reveal the truth about the government's role in 9/11?

Can anyone say with 100% certainty that's not a government robot spending more time with his family, while he is held without trial?

No. No you can not.
Old 09-06-09, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Yet another person who ran around saying stupid stuff and then acts shocked when people call him on it. Good riddance.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.