Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The Re-Elect President Sarah Palin 2016 Thread

Old 07-21-09, 08:27 PM

The Re-Elect President Sarah Palin 2016 Thread

Well, we need a new Sarah Palin thread after the last one got derailed.

(Thanks to grundle for the pic).
Old 07-21-09, 08:33 PM

Re: The Re-Elect President Sarah Palin 2016 Thread

Hilarious article by Stuart Schwartz at American Thinker.

Peggy Noonan: Sarah Palin Jealous
By Stuart Schwartz

You're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. But it's not the normal kind of jealous, the kind reserved for girlfriends who can squeeze into size 2 jeans. No, it's the kind of jealous that hurts, that grabs your gut and twists, that has you howling with rage into your pillow in the middle of the night, screaming "It's not fair" like a two-year-old denied another piece of cake. It is Sarah Palin jealous...and it is consuming you.

You're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. You are a card-carrying member of the intellectual conservative elite, a PBS-anointed expert on family values who worked for both Ronald Reagan and Dan Rather, a talented speechwriter and wordsmith. And you are fuming: Sarah Palin refuses to be yesterday's news. You just can't get her out of your mind.

And, what's worse, everyone continues to talk about her. You've tried everything, using your mainstream media platforms, your Wall Street Journal columns, and powerful friends -- so many of them -- to savage her, to give her a rhetorical beating so fierce that it would bring a smile to the face of Vince McMahon -- if you knew who he is, and if you had ever watched a WWE wrestling match, which he heads. "She is a complete elite confection. She might as well have been a bonbon," you wrote, your $300 manicured fingers shaking on the keyboard.

You're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. So you loosed a multi-column primal scream: Palin is an idiot who is "out of her depth in a shallow pool", a woman who has no sense of personal limits because she is not even smart enough to realize she is "a ponder-free zone." Whoa-good one! The rhetorical equivalent of the chickenwing camel clutch, where you come up behind and twist her arm behind her back, and then force her face to the mat. Or, in her case, to the snow. That's what they have in Alaska, don't they? You don't know, of course-Martha's Vineyard is about as far north as you venture, and then only to observe humanity-you know, the common folks-from "a little pier" before strolling over for dinner with two of the more brilliant stars in your friends firmament, television personalities Diane Sawyer and Katie Couric.

You're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. You pal around with Sawyer and Couric, Jane Fonda, Marlo Thomas, Lily Tomlin -- the world is your aging oyster -- and The New York Times (which is sort of iffy on your writing) admires you for the company you keep. The Manhattan and beltway salon denizens love you. Brian Williams even said he'd nominate you for a Pulitzer, calling your writing "sparkling." Yes, THE Brian Williams, He Who Anchors NBC News, who had an audience with President Obama, to whom he bowed when leaving.

You hang with the grandees, and they understand the world. Unlike Sarah Palin, who uses a pier simply to fish and wouldn't know a winsome observation if it jumped into her net. And you just don't understand the crowds, the admiration for someone who owns the kind of fishing boat that is not equipped with a champagne cooler. Oh, the unfairness of it all!

You're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. You don't understand it. Sure, maybe she has accomplished a few things (like the $26 billion dollar natural gas pipeline deal, restructuring Alaskan government, and taking an ice pick to corrupt politicians). But she has no style, no pizzazz -- she just does stuff. But so do you -- and you can't understand why you don't get the same adoration. After all, didn't you go before the New York Landmarks Preservation Commission and not just protest, but elegantly protest -- so said The New York Times -- a 16-story tower a developer wanted to build in your ritzy Upper East Side Manhattan neighborhood? Sarah Palin wouldn't have done that; she's not brilliant enough to understand preservation. She probably would have looked at the jobs the construction would create and given it a déclassé "Hell yeah!"

But you're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. Why didn't you get acclaim for your accomplishment? You're every bit as go-get'm as that baby mama from the tundra. You went before the commission hand-in-hand with actor Kevin Kline and Woody Allen -- just a couple of guys from the ‘hood -- and protested this outrage. You looked those preservation commissioners in the eyes, and quoted Prince Charles. Yes, THE Prince Charles, of Princess Diana fame, who -- you told them -- once called a facelift for the National Gallery in London ''a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much loved and elegant friend.'' Can you imagine Sarah Palin resisting with such elegance?

You're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. You don't understand it: Sarah Palin has never stood in front of bulldozers with Kevin Kline, and yet they cheer her. And she wouldn't stand anywhere near Woody Allen, who she'd probably insist register as a pedophile. The assorted celebrities -- neighbors all -- cheered your courage in noting that your wealthy enclave, filled with the best and brightest, did not need a building that was the equivalent of low-income housing, what with units starting at a mere $7 million. Talk about slumming.

You called attention to how the new construction would block the sun on Woody Allen's nearby $24 million mansion, not to mention annoy Robert De Niro and Jerry Seinfeld, as if they weren't annoyed enough by the notoriety given to the neighborhood by the television hit Gossip Girl. Not in my backyard! Workers of the Upper East Side unite -- you have nothing to lose but your carbuncle! And so the developer agreed to a smaller building, more a boil than a carbuncle. Success! Take that, Sarah Palin, you "bulls**t" outsider!

You're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. You do stuff, too -- and yet all you hear is Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. Don't they read your columns, don't they understand that she's "dropping her G's," that she is "faux down-home, patronizing-and infantilizing"? You have ten, maybe a hundred times the vocabulary she has, and yet they're talking about her. Don't you read my columns, people!? She is a "dope and unqualified," representative of "a new vulgarization" and still, they talk about her.

You're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. You started a new venture, "The Women on the Web" website, a very conservative, free-enterprise thing to do and still you are not appreciated. They talk about the Palin family fishing business-big deal. Anyone can get a couple of fish -- just call Leonards' on Third Avenue and they will deliver. But Palin is not the only savvy executive type. You got together with your closest friends, all the kind of women who, unlike Sarah Palin, live in the real world where women wear "Channel jackets" and "long, flowing pants with heels," and understand life, as Reuters noted, "on a level that goes beyond the mundane."

You're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. Your "beyond the mundane" co-founders -- "buds" as the Sarah Palin types so crassly put it-for your new venture are the essence of your kind of middle America: they include "60 Minutes" reporter Lesley Stahl; actresses Candice Bergen (actress, Democratic and Planned Parenthood spokesperson), Whoopi Goldberg (dropped by advertisers after a nasty Bush joke at a Democratic fundraiser and then hired by The View, a Barbara Walters talk show on ABC ), and Marlo Thomas (a major Democratic donor who is married to Bush-hater Phil Donahue), your type of conservatives, which puts them a bit to the right of Hugo Chavez. But after a year the audience is less than 20 percent of what you defined as success, your investors are worried, and the same women who pack Sarah Palin rallies are ignoring your venture, which features such pieces as "Michelle Obama's Scintillating Style" and "French Fashion Designers Churn Out Stylish Burqhas."

What is wrong with this country? Isn't anyone a real conservative anymore? Don't they listen to you? Can't they read without moving their lips?

You're Peggy Noonan and you're jealous. And, worst of all, Sarah Palin is not.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/...lin_jealo.html
Old 07-21-09, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

for President? How do we know that she wouldn't resign once she got in office to run for Miss Universe?
Old 07-21-09, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well hilarious isn't the word I would use to describe the article. Repetitive maybe.
Old 07-21-09, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
Well hilarious isn't the word I would use to describe the article. Repetitive maybe.
Not to mention blatantly wrong. I'm NOT Peggy Noonan. Guess again, idiot.
Old 07-21-09, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dork View Post
Not to mention blatantly wrong. I'm NOT Peggy Noonan. Guess again, idiot.
You're just saying that because you're jealous.
Old 07-21-09, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I used to think there could never be enough Sarah Palin threads. I was wrong.
Old 07-22-09, 12:28 AM

shes good looking for someone as old as she is, and to my knowledge shes done a pretty good job in alaska so i say go for it, im sure even she wouldnt have tripled our national debt from 500B to 1.5T... ::whistles::
Old 07-22-09, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
I used to think there could never be enough Sarah Palin threads. I was wrong.
Enough Sarah Palin threads? Are we still talking about whether she spent too much on her wardrobe?
Old 07-22-09, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why do people still bring her up at all. She's done. retired, finished.
These people, ( politicians ) espescially her, never have to work another day in their life.
I wish I could say that.
Old 07-22-09, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JOE29 View Post
Why do people still bring her up at all. She's done. retired, finished.
Sadly I believe her retirement is the beginning of us seeing her more, not less. That's the plan from what I understand, any way. The media will almost certainly play along. Her ratings are second only to Obama himself. For different reasons.
Old 07-22-09, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
American "Thinker" really needs to come up with a more descriptive name.
Old 07-22-09, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
Sadly I believe her retirement is the beginning of us seeing her more, not less. That's the plan from what I understand, any way. The media will almost certainly play along. Her ratings are second only to Obama himself. For different reasons.
Yup.

The WaPo already published an awful article of hers on energy policy (can't remember if this was discussed in the last thread). It had over 4,000 comments by day's end. I'm sure it was one of the most read columns in a long time.
Old 07-25-09, 07:07 PM

Local news report on her farewell picnic in Wasilla:

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lk8MSJaMMms&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lk8MSJaMMms&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
Old 07-25-09, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RForte1189 View Post
shes good looking for someone as old as she is, and to my knowledge shes done a pretty good job in alaska so i say go for it, im sure even she wouldnt have tripled our national debt from 500B to 1.5T... ::whistles::
you meant 'deficit' not 'debt'. The National Debt is much larger.
Old 07-26-09, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Birrman54 View Post
you meant 'deficit' not 'debt'. The National Debt is much larger.
I see so many news reports from supposed authorities where they use deficit and debt interchangeably. Think of it this way...your current monthly credit card charges are your "deficit", your total balance due is your "debt".
Old 07-27-09, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Palin's husband told Norah O'Donnell (MSNBC) that the campaign was very rough on the family; but, the positives outweigh the negatives.

I heard that she has already raised $1 million.

btw: Does anyone really pay any attention to Peggy Noonan?
Old 07-28-09, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sarah Palin's farewell speech, as interpreted by William Shatner:

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/vKFN63C8GAflZB1YH2fV0w"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/vKFN63C8GAflZB1YH2fV0w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Last edited by JasonF; 07-28-09 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-28-09, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by classicman2 View Post
Palin's husband told Norah O'Donnell (MSNBC) that the campaign was very rough on the family; but, the positives outweigh the negatives.

I heard that she has already raised $1 million.

btw: Does anyone really pay any attention to Peggy Noonan?
I bet you did before she turned against Sarah the Quitter.
Old 07-28-09, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk God

You'd lose that bet.

You all have seen her pensive look, I suppose. She drops her head to one side and apparently closes her eyes as if in deep thought. What a put on!
Old 07-28-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm fairly confident that she quit because of some corrupt shenanigans she's pulled that are coming to light pretty soon. And it would be better for her, Alaska, her family, the Republican party, etc, that she's out of office when they're revealed.
Old 07-28-09, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I'm fairly confident that she quit because of some corrupt shenanigans she's pulled that are coming to light pretty soon. And it would be better for her, Alaska, her family, the Republican party, etc, that she's out of office when they're revealed.
I don't believe that was her reason for resigning.

$$$ - family - IMO, were the reasons.
Old 07-28-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

While I don't necessarily believe in conspiracy theories, I want them to be real, just because it makes things more interesting.
Old 07-28-09, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still like her and am not afraid to admit it. But then I'm also the only person on this forum who actually admits to sometimes listening to talk radio.
Old 07-29-09, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I listen to talk radio, Ron and Fez.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.