Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The Re-Elect President Sarah Palin 2016 Thread

Old 10-01-18, 12:46 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Re-Elect President Sarah Palin 2016 Thread

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
Thanks again Obama!

Track Palin arrested on domestic violence charges
So he can get on the Supreme Court at 65 years old.
Old 09-10-19, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FaMiLy VaLuES!!!!!

Old 09-10-19, 09:30 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
FaMiLy VaLuES!!!!!
Oh shaddap. They worked for 31 years.
Old 09-10-19, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

First dibs on Sarah! Er, second! So it took her husband 31 years to figure out what a case she is.
Old 09-10-19, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Oh shaddap. They worked for 31 years.
I agree. Unless there was some scandal which caused this, a divorce after 31 years is hardly news worthy. They made it more years than most!
Old 09-10-19, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Gotta give the guy some credit, he dealt with crazy and stupid a hell of a lot longer than I would have.
Old 09-10-19, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Will give her credit, she does fall somewhat high on the hot/crazy scale...
Old 09-10-19, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
I agree. Unless there was some scandal which caused this, a divorce after 31 years is hardly news worthy. They made it more years than most!
So "family values" up to 31 years - after that it can go to shit.

Obviously, there's nothing wrong with divorce - just that it seems that most who keep touting "family values" are no different than anyone else they criticize.
Old 09-10-19, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Coral View Post

Obviously, there's nothing wrong with divorce - just that it seems that most who keep touting "family values" are no different than anyone else they criticize.
It seems they always have the most skeletons. Like the gay haters who come out as gay.
Old 09-10-19, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by jpcamb View Post
Will give her credit, she does fall somewhat high on the hot/crazy scale...
I think you're confusing the real Sarah Palin with Tina Fey's Sarah Palin. One's hot, the other one is not.
Old 09-10-19, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Coral View Post

Did Sarah Palin criticize people who get divorced or say that divorce shouldn't be an option?
Old 09-10-19, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I think you're confusing the real Sarah Palin with Tina Fey's Sarah Palin. One's hot, the other one is not.
Yeah, I know a lot of people find her attractive, but she just makes my stomach turn.
Old 09-10-19, 06:13 PM

Gotta give Todd credit, 31 years is a pretty good run to live with bat-shit crazy.
Old 09-10-19, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko View Post
Gotta give Todd credit, 31 years is a pretty good run to live with bat-shit crazy.

I wouldn't last 31 days
Old 09-10-19, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
Did Sarah Palin criticize people who get divorced or say that divorce shouldn't be an option?
The religious text she uses to oppose gay rights and thinks should be the foundation of our government very much criticizes divorce and says it shouldnít be an option, at least as itís used today.
Old 09-10-19, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bacon View Post

I wouldn't last 31 days
I wouldn't last 31 MINUTES.
Old 09-10-19, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post

The religious text she uses to oppose gay rights and thinks should be the foundation of our government very much criticizes divorce and says it shouldnít be an option, at least as itís used today.
So she herself hasnít said anything critical about divorce? And what about when politicians and posters here use The Bible to support universal healthcare legislation or other progressive policies? Should they also be criticized for citing a religious text that has so many questionable edicts and passages ?
Old 09-11-19, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
So she herself hasnít said anything critical about divorce? And what about when politicians and posters here use The Bible to support universal healthcare legislation or other progressive policies? Should they also be criticized for citing a religious text that has so many questionable edicts and passages ?
If theyíre saying our laws should follow the Bible to the letter and then acting differently in their personal lives, sure. From a pragmatic standpoint, using a religious text as justification to help people is obviously different than using it to justify hurting people, but hypocrisy is hypocrisy. I will say, I donít believe Iíve ever heard a progressive argue the govít should do something because it follows the Bible, but thatís a fairly common stance among the evangelical right.
Old 09-11-19, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If theyíre saying our laws should follow the Bible to the letter and then acting differently in their personal lives, sure. From a pragmatic standpoint, using a religious text as justification to help people is obviously different than using it to justify hurting people, but hypocrisy is hypocrisy. I will say, I donít believe Iíve ever heard a progressive argue the govít should do something because it follows the Bible, but thatís a fairly common stance among the evangelical right.
I have. Usually in the context of how "if conservatives are going to use Scripture to defend putting children in cages then we're going to point out where in the Scriptures they are commanded to care for refugees, the poor, and the powerless."

Regardless of one's political perspective, if the Bible isn't first and foremost directed inwardly toward one's own heart, then it isn't being used correctly.

I was never a fan of Sarah Palin but I think it's sad that they're ending their 31 year marriage.
Old 09-11-19, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sarah Palin is getting divorced?
Thanks Obama!
Old 09-11-19, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
I have. Usually in the context of how "if conservatives are going to use Scripture to defend putting children in cages then we're going to point out where in the Scriptures they are commanded to care for refugees, the poor, and the powerless."

Regardless of one's political perspective, if the Bible isn't first and foremost directed inwardly toward one's own heart, then it isn't being used correctly.

I was never a fan of Sarah Palin but I think it's sad that they're ending their 31 year marriage.
I would put your example in the same category as Ďif conservatives are going to rely on the Bible to deny gay people rights, weíre going to point out that the Bible only allows divorce in very specific circumstances and neither party is allowed to remarry.í Pointing out inconsistency doesnít equate to advocating for the government to apply a Ďproperí reading of the Bible. Iíve heard progressives talk about the impact of their faith on their lives, but again, I donít think I ever have seen a contemporary liberal politician say Ďthe govít should do X because Y holy text commands it.í
Old 09-11-19, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would put your example in the same category as Ďif conservatives are going to rely on the Bible to deny gay people rights, weíre going to point out that the Bible only allows divorce in very specific circumstances and neither party is allowed to remarry.í Pointing out inconsistency doesnít equate to advocating for the government to apply a Ďproperí reading of the Bible.
I agree.

Iíve heard progressives talk about the impact of their faith on their lives, but again, I donít think I ever have seen a contemporary liberal politician say Ďthe govít should do X because Y holy text commands it.í
I have, but they are very few. The overwhelming majority of progressives use Scripture to point out inconsistencies/hypocrisy of the other side.
Old 09-11-19, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Tina is way hotter than Sarah, I find her politics disgusting and hypocritical and she seems to be dumb as a rock but would bang... granted I'm in my late 40s.. its hard for me to objectively call her "unattractive" because if you didn't know her back ground /politics she is objectively attractive.

Old 09-11-19, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
I wouldn't last 31 MINUTES.
try wearing a condom
Old 09-11-19, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
Sarah Palin is getting divorced?
Thanks Obama!
You joke but I wonder how things would have turned out if she had simply stayed an unknown governor in Alaska? I suspect that her getting national attention for running against Obama and that gradually rolling into a career as a nationally recognized conservative talking head.

in a roundabout way, this may very well be on Obama.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.