Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The Re-Elect President Sarah Palin 2016 Thread

Old 01-21-14, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The Re-Elect President Sarah Palin 2016 Thread

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
What a fucking moron.
Old 01-21-14, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
Because the circumstances were more similar. No incumbent running and following 8 years of the same president.
So if you think a preference for incumbency is what is at issue here, we would expect those districts to have voted disproportionately in favor of Barack Obama in 2012, correct?

Would you care to make a wager as to whether the data will bear that out?

It's just I'm tired of hearing the same bullshit from people. The accusations of racism. People who have never voted Democrat before (or who have damn good reasons for not wanting to this time) being told that the reason they didn't was because of his skin color. I hear it almost weekly at work. Three black deputies on my team have become almost militant about it. Any criticism of Obama or his administration is quickly and loudly denounced as racism. Of course you are required to ignore that all three (all former military) have never voted for a democrat in their entire adult lives until Obama.
I think you're coming into this thread with your own baggage, because nowhere did I say that racism was the only explanation for why someone would not vote for or support the President. I also pointed out (using the President's own words) that, just as there are many people who opposed him just because he's black, there are also many people who support him just because he's black. This seems like an utterly non-controversial statement to me, but then again it's DVDTalk, where even the most innocuous political statement must be dissected and repudiated.
Old 01-21-14, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So if you think a preference for incumbency is what is at issue here, we would expect those districts to have voted disproportionately in favor of Barack Obama in 2012, correct?

Would you care to make a wager as to whether the data will bear that out?

I think you're coming into this thread with your own baggage, because nowhere did I say that racism was the only explanation for why someone would not vote for or support the President. I also pointed out (using the President's own words) that, just as there are many people who opposed him just because he's black, there are also many people who support him just because he's black. This seems like an utterly non-controversial statement to me, but then again it's DVDTalk, where even the most innocuous political statement must be dissected and repudiated.
No I am curious what the data shows when similar circumstances are compared.

And I was only responding to the bullshit statement : "I also think it says terrible things about America that so many people refused to vote for him simply because of the color of his skin." And where that came from. Were all these many rabid racists going to vote for a democrat until it turned out he was black?
Old 01-21-14, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No I am curious what the data shows when similar circumstances are compared.

And I was only responding to the bullshit statement : "I also think it says terrible things about America that so many people refused to vote for him simply because of the color of his skin." And where that came from. Were all these many rabid racists going to vote for a democrat until it turned out he was black?
All? No. Many of them? Yes. That's exactly what the map wenders posted demonstrates: voters -- in some districts, significant numbers of them -- who were happy to vote for John Kerry but preferred John McCain to Barack Obama. What do you think was motivating them?
Old 01-21-14, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What do you think was motivating them?
The possibility of John McCain dying while in office and Sarah Palin becoming president?
Old 01-21-14, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

All? No. Many of them? Yes. That's exactly what the map wenders posted demonstrates: voters -- in some districts, significant numbers of them -- who were happy to vote for John Kerry but preferred John McCain to Barack Obama. What do you think was motivating them?
I don't know and neither do you.
Old 01-21-14, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You got to be fucking kidding me. But I know you're not, which is why it's pointless explaining it to privileged white dudes like you who've never personally experienced racism. You're like a cliche; "I don't see it, therefore it doesn't exist". Sad and pathetic.
Old 01-21-14, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, based on exit polling (e.g., the 2008 West Virginia primary where 20% of voters said race was a factor in their vote and where those voters went overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton), we do know.
Old 01-22-14, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sarah Palin Celebrates MLK Day By Urging Obama To Stop 'Playing The Race Card'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...2831-305618950

Antony C. (outlandish)

In something we trust. So why is Sister Sarah relevant on any topic ever?

Sarah Palin; A mini bio.

6 colleges before she receive a degree in communications*. (Yet she can’t form a coherent sentence)
Used the Canadian healthcare system for doctors and medication*.
Married,
More children who followed in her footsteps.
Mayor of Wasilla population 5000.
As mayor she appointed a town manager because the job was too hard.
The current mayor said that the only busy day was Tuesday when she had to sign 100 checks for the workers.
Gave a no bid contract for a $20 million Hockey stadium and as quid pro quo the developer built her a mansion for free.
Left Wasilla in 20 million debt.
Ran for governor.
Won due to the power of the wink and fabricated history.
As governor she addressed a group of secessionists that her husband was a member of.
They planned to secede from America and saw it as the enemy.

2 daughter unwed mothers and one son who was arrested for severing the brake lines on 21 school buses. Obviously she’s a great role model and guardian.
Apparently watched the skies to see Putin flying over.
Was for a bridge to nowhere before she was against it.
Set a state record for ethics violations*.
Was chosen to be the running mate for John McCain.
Destroyed any hopes of McCain winning by destroying any shred of credibilit*y he had. Which was not much to begin with.
Quit as governor midterm to help America in other ways.
Confided in friends and family that being governor was hard work and boring.
Had a book ghost written written with her name on it.
The book was proved to be full of inaccuracies and poor me the victim anecdotes.
Became rich.
Became a critic on all matters Obama.
All proved to be irrational and unhinged babbling.
Endorsed several politicians in 2010, most lost and the rest were voted out in 2012. So not much value in her endorsements.
Became a Fox pundit where she snipes and whines and is as unfair and unbalanced as the rest of these happy campers.
Claims to be a patriot but secession will do.
Used the million veteran march to showboat and used them as pawns in a petty, partisan petulant, rabble rousing performance in high farce.

And to round it off she race baited the president on MLK day a day about MLK and not a day about her.

20 Jan 4:34 PM
Old 01-23-14, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sounds like the ideal Repub candidate to me!
Old 01-24-14, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Sarah Palin Celebrates MLK Day By Urging Obama To Stop 'Playing The Race Card'

A lot of rightwing douchebags have been freaking out over this quote from the lengthy New Yorker profile of President Obama that ran over the weekend:
I think because it plays into what many critics of Obama's critics have said in the past: that it's because he's black.
They forget thought that people went after Bill Clinton with the same amount of vitriol. Didn't they accuse Clinton having Vince Foster killed?

With the exception of some hardcore white supremacists who would hate anyone simply because they're non-white, I think that the majority of his critics, rightly or wrongly, simply dislike him because he's a Democrat and is himself, a liberal.

Of course, said douchebags proceed to ignore the next sentence and claim that Obama is "playing the race card"*:
It's interesting because I'm curious to know how many of the same people would give a Republican the same benefit of the doubt simply because he was black.

That said I don't think it's a big deal what he said.

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
Using the term "race card" in relation to MLK in any form is crass and fucking idiotic.
Completely agree. Palin only sees the significance of MLK's birthday and legacy as an opportunity to slam a president who's from the other party.

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post

In something we trust. So why is Sister Sarah relevant on any topic ever?

Sarah Palin; A mini bio.

2 daughter unwed mothers and one son who was arrested for severing the brake lines on 21 school buses.
Both of Sarah Palin's daughters have kids?
Old 01-24-14, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Sarah Palin Celebrates MLK Day By Urging Obama To Stop 'Playing The Race Card'

Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
Both of Sarah Palin's daughters have kids?
Willow was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez at a Yankee's game.
Old 01-29-14, 04:27 AM
Suspended

America's greatest patriot ever, Sarah Palin, posted this advertisement for her upcoming crappy reality show to her Facebook page on Tuesday. And I happen to think it's sound advice!

In the message, she offered some sage advice that will undoubtedly change all our lives forever. "I think this world would be better off having more young women holding a fish in a picture than holding their camera in front of a bathroom mirror, taking a selfie."

http://jezebel.com/sarah-palin-think...oto-1502388814
Old 01-29-14, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 01-29-14, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That almost looks photoshopped.
Old 01-30-14, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That's gotta be Photoshopped. No uses a ridiculous camera like that for a selfie.
Old 01-30-14, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Of course it's Photoshopped. Leaving aside the extremely obvious nature of the photoshop, it was posted immediately after a story about Governor Palin decrying selfies.
Old 01-30-14, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course it's Photoshopped. Leaving aside the extremely obvious nature of the photoshop, it was posted immediately after a story about Governor Palin decrying selfies.
yeah, well, welcome to the internet.

Now we can argue for six pages over the semantics of whether or not being in someone else's cell phone pic qualifies as a "selfie".
Old 01-30-14, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Or, if you prefer, we can argue if she's talking a backwards selfie or checking her email

Old 01-30-14, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course it's Photoshopped. Leaving aside the extremely obvious nature of the photoshop.

Yeah, it was a joke. Obviously.
Old 01-30-14, 10:41 PM
Suspended

Old 01-31-14, 12:54 AM
Banned

Who even cares about S. Palin and keeps her relevant (and wealthy!) by obsessing every time she passes gas?

First clue...it ain't conservatives.

Paul Ryan was the most recent losing VP candidate and still holds much influence in Congress...and could be a viable POTUS candidate in two years even if he says he's not running.

Yet it's Palin who continues to draw attention from her (former) political opponents despite her lack of any political stature. I say "former" because she doesn't pose any threat to anyone except moose.

Only in America, folks...only in America.
Old 01-31-14, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sarah Palin is a trainwreck and it's impossible to ignore her. She's the LiLo of politics.
Old 01-31-14, 08:11 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
Who even cares about S. Palin and keeps her relevant (and wealthy!) by obsessing every time she passes gas?

First clue...it ain't conservatives.

Paul Ryan was the most recent losing VP candidate and still holds much influence in Congress...and could be a viable POTUS candidate in two years even if he says he's not running.

Yet it's Palin who continues to draw attention from her (former) political opponents despite her lack of any political stature. I say "former" because she doesn't pose any threat to anyone except moose.

Only in America, folks...only in America.
Likely for the same reason that we have all these vapid reality shows that draw millions of viewers while quality scripted shows are a rarity it seems. Doesn't Palin still have her own reality show on tv?
Old 01-31-14, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post

It's Entertainment Tonight meets Washington Week in Review, in other words, our society's obsession with celebrity culture in encroaching into political "journalism."

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.