DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   Facts about Joe the plumber (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/541797-facts-about-joe-plumber.html)

firteen88 10-16-08 10:28 PM

Facts about Joe the plumber

- His first name is actually Sam. Full name Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher

- McCain called Joe the plumber his "good friend" during the debate, but kept mispronouncing his last name, calling him “Joe Wurzelburger.”

- Legally speaking, Wurzelbacher isn’t a plumber, because he isn’t licensed by Toledo, Lucas County or the state of Ohio

- The Toledo Plumbing Board of Control may consider sanctions against Wurzelbacher, officials told NBC affiliate WNWO of Toledo.

- Court records from his divorce show that Wurzelbacher made $40,000 in 2006.

- Ohio business records show the company’s estimated total annual revenue as only $100,000. Actual taxable income would be even less than that. Under Obama's plan, the company would get a tax decrease.

- Obama’s tax plan specifies that the higher rate would apply only to income above the $250,000 threshold. Assuming Wurzelbacher’s income as owner somehow hit $280,000, only the extra $30,000 would be taxed at a higher rate.

- Some reports are saying that he's not even registered to vote (not sure if this is true or not)

Anything else?

The Antipodean 10-16-08 10:42 PM

Not a McCain fan, not voting for him, and this guy Joe's politics are way to the right of mine I'm sure but still.... he doesnt' really deserve all this attention and feeding frenzy. he's not running for office. He's just an "average Joe" who got turned into a political football (far more so by McCain than Obama, I might add). It's nasty and unpleasant to see him suddenly dissected alive like this.

BKenn01 10-16-08 10:45 PM

Poor Joe, he had a moment of gotcha with a presidential candidate. Now they will spend the next few weeks tearing him apart.

We all would love to have the opportunity to stick it to ___________ (fill in the blank with the politician you hate most). Here is a guy who thumbed his nose at the powers that be. And now they are shooting the messanger.

Maybe next time you say "They are all crooks". Think about the consequences of actually standing up to them......

Baron Of Hell 10-16-08 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sierra Disc (Post 9010140)
Not a McCain fan, not voting for him, and this guy Joe's politics are way to the right of mine I'm sure but still.... he doesnt' really deserve all this attention and feeding frenzy. he's not running for office. He's just an "average Joe" who got turned into a political football (far more so by McCain than Obama, I might add). It's nasty and unpleasant to see him suddenly dissected alive like this.

Then why is he doing the radio and tv interviews. I don't want his life destroyed but it seems like he getting off on the attention.

MBoyd 10-16-08 10:48 PM

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiw...eating-family-

He may also have a family relation involved with Charles Keating.

so maybe he isn't an average Joe? (or Sam)

BKenn01 10-16-08 10:49 PM

Then why is he doing the radio and tv interviews. I don't want his life destroyed but it seems like he getting off on the attention.
Let ye without envy cast the first stone. Who here wouldnt like the platform as an average Joe telling it like he sees it.

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiw...eating-family-

He may also have a family relation involved with Charles Keating.

so maybe he isn't an average Joe? (or Sam)
Hmm, crooksandliars.com isnt a bit partisan now are they.....

RoyalTea 10-16-08 10:53 PM

I'm sure Obama knew all of this when he told him that wealth redistribution is awesome.

MBoyd 10-16-08 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by BKenn01 (Post 9010159)

Hmm, crooksandliars.com isnt a bit partisan now are they.....

:lol: maybe a bit . . . we'll see if it goes anywhere. Google search shows a few blog posts up.

Ron G 10-16-08 11:03 PM

Pathetic.

Th0r S1mpson 10-16-08 11:20 PM

Joe the Plumber with 2 threads. The Obama camp is getting desperate. Or it is "cocky?"

firteen88 10-16-08 11:26 PM

Joe the Plumber with 2 threads. The Obama camp is getting desperate. Or it is "cocky?"
HUH :hscratch:

DeanoBKN 10-16-08 11:38 PM

I'll look forward to his appearence on Dancing With The Stars next year.

Th0r S1mpson 10-17-08 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by firteen88 (Post 9010220)
HUH :hscratch:

I said Joe the Plumber with 2 threads. The Obama camp is getting desperate. Or it is "cocky?"

Seantn 10-17-08 12:45 AM

Huh?

TheBigDave 10-17-08 01:14 AM

It's all part of that Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. Years ago Karl Rove planted Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher in that Ohio suburb. He knew that one day Barack Obama would walk down the street and allow random people to ask some questions. And Joe was armed with a question so devious it would trap Obama into unwittingly revealing his plans for wealth redistribution.

Genius!

HistoryProf 10-17-08 01:55 AM

- he owes around $1,200 in back taxes to the State of Ohio.

`Joe the Plumber,' Obama Tax-Plan Critic, Owes Taxes (Update2)

By Ryan J. Donmoyer

Oct. 16 (Bloomberg) -- ``Joe the plumber,'' the Toledo, Ohio, man whose complaints about Barack Obama's tax plan were highlighted by John McCain in the final presidential debate, owes the state of Ohio almost $1,200 in back income taxes.

According to records on file with the Lucas County Court of Common Pleas, the state filed a tax lien against Samuel J. Wurzelbacher for $1,182.98 on Jan. 26, 2007, that is still active.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p..._eQ&refer=home

DVD Polizei 10-17-08 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas (Post 9010239)
I'll look forward to his appearence on Dancing With The Stars next year.

And America's Biggest Loser. :up:

starman9000 10-17-08 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by firteen88 (Post 9010107)
- His first name is actually Sam. Full name Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher

OMG his first name is Sam not Joe!!!!?!?!?!?!

Wait, his middle name is Joe? Anyone who goes by their middle name should be ashamed of himself. I'm going to call my dad and call him a liar for doing the same.

VinVega 10-17-08 07:25 AM

When you jump into the spotlight, you shouldn't be surprised when the spotlight digs deeper into your life. 15 min of fame does not guarantee 15 positive minutes of fame.

sracer 10-17-08 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by BKenn01 (Post 9010159)
Let ye without envy cast the first stone. Who here wouldnt like the platform as an average Joe telling it like he sees it.

I'll cast the first stone. It's not about having a platform to telling it as he sees it. It's about him being a liar. Nothing he told Obama was truthful.

Th0r S1mpson 10-17-08 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by VinVega (Post 9010459)
When you jump into the spotlight, you shouldn't be surprised when the spotlight digs deeper into your life. 15 min of fame does not guarantee 15 positive minutes of fame.

So anyone at a town hall or rally should shut their mouth unless they are squeaky clean and ready for paparazzi treatment?

VinVega 10-17-08 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson (Post 9010498)
So anyone at a town hall or rally should shut their mouth unless they are squeaky clean and ready for paparazzi treatment?

I'm not saying shut your mouth, but the paparazzi effect is always there, lingering in the background, waiting to strike. Buyer beware.

I remember Bill Clinton coming to my High School in NY during the 1992 primaries. The photographers who were there were obnoxious.

Dr Mabuse 10-17-08 07:59 AM

What a ridiculous thread.

classicman2 10-17-08 08:00 AM

Am I the only one that has noticed that vinVega has become 'more Obamatonish' here lately? ;)

You were in HS in 1992?

VinVega 10-17-08 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by classicman2 (Post 9010514)
Am I the only one that has noticed that vinVega has become 'more Obamatonish' here lately? ;)

You were in HS in 1992?

I believe I've given my age a few times. Those who know me here, know what it is. But this thread is not about me, it's about America.

As far as being an Obama Llama, I know it will be difficult for you to pull the lever for Barack in November, but I have full confidence in you as a good Democrat to do the right thing for your party c-man. :D