Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Facts about Joe the plumber

Old 10-29-08, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/27445243#27445243" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Olbermann's campaign comment from tonight. mentions that Joe now has a publicist and is looking to get a deal as a country music star.
Old 10-29-08, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
Joe now has a publicist and is looking to get a deal as a country music star.
I'll bet that won't put him in the $200,000 (individual filing income bracket) where he'd pay more in taxes under Obama than McCain. What a pathetic loser.
Old 10-29-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs View Post
On the rare occasion I watch Fox I wonder how Shepherd Smith can work there. He actually seems like a competent newsman who challenges a guy like Joe The Plumber instead of giving him a blow job like most of the other Fox talent.
I think it is because Shep is a news guy and not one of the opinion shows like O'Reilly and Hannity. Even though he gets his commentary in there. It often seems like he has no idea beforehand what he will be reading on the teleprompter. It's great to see his reaction after reading something bizarre.
Old 10-30-08, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Olbermann's campaign comment from tonight. mentions that Joe now has a publicist and is looking to get a deal as a country music star.
It's official: American politics now has its very own William Hung.
Old 10-30-08, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Old 10-30-08, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On the rare occasion I watch Fox I wonder how Shepherd Smith can work there. He actually seems like a competent newsman who challenges a guy like Joe The Plumber instead of giving him a blow job like most of the other Fox talent.
Never seen the guy, but he reminds me of the evil mastermind from Hitchcock's Rope.
Old 10-30-08, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

there is vid out there, where McCain asks if Joe the Plumber was in attendence at a rally, and he wasn't. Joe apparenlty didn't even know he was supposed to be there.
Old 10-30-08, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

there is vid out there, where McCain asks if Joe the Plumber was in attendence at a rally, and he wasn't. Joe apparenlty didn't even know he was supposed to be there.
I heard Joe the plumber knew but didn't get a call to confirm
Old 10-30-08, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's an interesting choice of phrase for Shepherd Smith given... well, maybe you didn't know.
Old 10-30-08, 10:00 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rnX9vJrn9o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rnX9vJrn9o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 10-30-08, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iucdy83OXcE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iucdy83OXcE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 10-31-08, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Joe the Pumpkin

Old 11-01-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

"JOE A NO-SHOW IN DEFIANCE, OHIO"

I thought Joe had turned against McCain until I realized Defiance is an actual town.
Old 12-29-13, 10:08 AM
Suspended

Re: Facts about Joe the plumber

‘Joe the Plumber’ publishes racist article on blog

Maybe he should set aside his computer and get back to working on clogs.
Samuel Wurzelbacher, the outspoken Ohio handyman known as “Joe the Plumber,” sparked renewed allegations of racism by posting a controversial article on his blog over the weekend.

'Joe the Plumber' talks with supporters during his congressional run in 2012. The divisive handyman was back in the political spotlight this weekend after he posted an offensive article to his blog.

The article, “America Needs a White Republican President,” opines: “Admit it. You want a white Republican president again. Wanting a white Republican president doesn’t make you racist, it just makes you American.”
“The election of a recognized black president was ... supposed to (1) ease any perceived racial tensions, and (2) allow the government to focus on legislating without race,” the article continues. “Not the case. And that is why having a white Republican president is best for the country.”

Wurzelbacher took to Facebook to defend posting the article.

Wurzelbacher was widely blasted on social media for the offensive article, but aggressively defended himself by pointing out the article originally appeared on a website called The Black Sphere, which is run by the conservative black pundit Kevin Jackson.
“So I post an article by a black guy, about a black guy and guess who they call a racist...?” Wurzelbacher wrote on his Facebook page.

'America Needs a White Republican President' was originally written by conservative pundit Kevin Jackson, who posted it on his own blog, The Black Sphere, last Wednesday. He wrote a book titled 'The Big Black Lie' in 2010.

In an interview with The News, Wurzelbacher insisted he was not racist.
“You put out one statement and people don’t take the time to find the truth of it,” he said, explaining that he posted the article to “get more eyes on an important issue: race warfare.”
“I’ve seen it blossom under the administration of Obama,” he said.
Wurzelbacher rose to prominence during the 2008 presidential campaign when he asked then Sen. Barack Obama about his tax policy — prompting the future president to say that spreading the wealth is “good for everybody.”
Wurzelbacher disagreed and was embraced by Republican nominee John McCain. He later ran for Congress in 2012. During that campaign, Wurzelbacher advocated for the U.S. to “put a damn fence on the border going to Mexico and start shooting.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...#ixzz2oseyazge
Old 12-29-13, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

He's a nut job. Whatever happened to Tito the Builder?
Old 12-29-13, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

They were probably actually written by the guy who did Ron Paul's newsletters.
Old 12-31-13, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Joe the Pumpkin

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
Well I can't believe I am seeing this pumpkin almost 5 years later.
Old 05-28-14, 12:02 AM
Suspended

He's back in the news.

If there is one regret we should have from the 2008 election, it’s that Joe The Plumber gained some sort of notoriety. Samuel Wurzelbacher was a stooge of sorts that was catapulted into the spotlight during the campaign and he’s been squeezing blood from the stone ever since.

I suppose all that is left for a guy after a failed run for public office is to spout off at the mouth about rights, even in the face of tragedy. What’s new? Here’s some bits from his open letter to the families of the Santa Barbara murders. From Barb Wire:

I’m not talking here about the three tragic murders Rodger committed by stabbing before his driving and shooting spree; I speak now only to the families of the gunshot victims in Santa Barbara:

It’s a tragedy.

I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now. But:

As harsh as this sounds – your dead kids don’t trump my Constitutional rights.

Those are the words of a pure peach. But there is far more that follows, including focus shots at Richard Martinez, the father who lashed out at the NRA for the death of his son:

There are no critical words for a grieving father. He can say whatever he wants and blame whoever he’d like – it’s okay by me. You can’t take a step in his shoes – at least I can’t.

But the words and images of Mr. Martinez blaming “the proliferation of guns”, lobbyists, politicians, etc.; will be exploited by gun-grab extremists as are all tragedies involving gun violence and the mentally ill by the anti-Second Amendment Left.

As a father, husband and a man, it is my responsibility to protect my family. I will stand up for that right vehemently. Please believe me, as a father I share your grief and I will pray for you and your family, as I do whenever I hear about senseless tragedies such as this.

We still have the Right to Bear Arms and I intend to continue to speak out for that right, and against those who would restrict it – even in the face of this horrible incident by this sad and insane individual. I almost said “Obama Voter” but I’m waiting for it to be official.

That “Obama Voter” is just the drizzle on the sh*t sundae. You can read the whole thing over here, but you can also throw sh*t on the wall and get the same effect.

I’m not one to take a stance on guns, mostly because I do agree that you should be allowed to own them. But this kind of bullsh*t is just uncalled for, especially right now. Luckily Richard Martinez has already answered back to Wurzelbacher and other politicians. From NBC News:

“I don’t care about your sympathy. I don’t give a s— that you feel sorry for me,” he told the Washington Post. “Get to work and do something. I’ll tell the president the same thing if he calls me. Getting a call from a politician doesn’t impress me.”

That’s probably a lot better than I could muster. I can see myself going full Kenny Rogers on a cameraman and laying out a legendary line of swear words for all to digest.
http://uproxx.com/webculture/2014/05...ent-at-a-time/
Old 05-28-14, 12:13 AM

PenguinJoe, was your recent "vacation" not enough warning about repeatedly bumping old threads unnecessarily?
Old 05-28-14, 01:14 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
PenguinJoe, was your recent "vacation" not enough warning about repeatedly bumping old threads unnecessarily?
What vacation?
Old 05-28-14, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Euphemism. He's asking if you're looking to be banned.
Old 05-28-14, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

PenguinJoe and PlumberJoe are brothers, cut him some slack.

This is a case where a bump instead of a new thread seems appropriate to me. Some plumbers only get one thread.
Old 05-28-14, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I can start a new "Look at the dumb stuff Joe the Plumber said this year" thread. But then I remember, he's Joe the fucking Plumber.
Old 05-28-14, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Seems like a reasonable bump to me. Would it be better if the title of the thread was "the one and only Joe the plumber thread"? Then it could be bumped anytime the loser says something dumb.
Old 05-28-14, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Seems like a reasonable bump to me. Would it be better if the title of the thread was "the one and only Joe the plumber thread"? Then it could be bumped anytime the loser says something dumb.
I think there should be a "one and only Joe" thread, and only people with joe in their name are allowed to post, about people named Joe.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.