Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

What questions should Gibson ask Palin?

Old 09-11-08, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What questions should Gibson ask Palin?

Lots of answers I'd like to hear since in 15 days she hasn't answered a question from the media or done a town hall meeting with McCain to answer a citizen's question. What do you think she should be asked by Charlie Gibson?
Old 09-11-08, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How do you keep your hair looking so nice?

That's all I expect out of old Charlie.
Old 09-11-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

* Did your Daughter have Trig or do you like lying to the public?
* Why do you say stuff that we've decided are lies?
* Why are you?
* I'm going to read off the 227 active rumors about you and I would like you to respond to each one of them or else we are going to assume they are completely true...
Old 09-11-08, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gibson is screwed no matter what he asks. People will not be satisfied either way.
Old 09-11-08, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hoot?
Old 09-11-08, 12:55 PM

I'm curious to see if her stance on abstinence-only education has changed since 2006. She gets a lot of heat for those old comments, but if she's willing to refine her positions based on experience and circumstances that gives her a plus in my book.
Old 09-11-08, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm curios to she what she say's about Anwar. Both Obama and McCain don't want to drill there. I haven't heard lately if she is for it or against it. Being from Alaska maybe she can shed some light on the subject.
Old 09-11-08, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

If your daughter wanted to have an abortion, would you have supported that decision?

Do you believe in evolution?

Do you believe in global warming?

Do you believe Jesus is the only way to heaven?

Did you ever support the Bridge to Nowhere?

Have you found out what a VP's duties are yet?
Old 09-11-08, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Granny panties, thongs, or commando?
Old 09-11-08, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by JOE29 View Post
I'm curios to she what she say's about Anwar. Both Obama and McCain don't want to drill there. I haven't heard lately if she is for it or against it. Being from Alaska maybe she can shed some light on the subject.
I think she wants Alaskans to decide, and she'd probably support drilling.
Old 09-11-08, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
* Did your Daughter have Trig or do you like lying to the public?
Couldn't you just get her transcript to see all the classes she's taken?
Old 09-11-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

'Do you consider yourself a pig?'
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JOE29 View Post
I'm pretty sure she wants to drill there, and I'm pretty sure McCain does too and would reveal such after being elected. Can't flip flop on that one just yet.
DVD Talk Hero

Why did you reverse your support of the "Bridge to Nowhere" but keep the $200 million?

Why do you pretend to be against pork-barrel spending when, per capita, Alaska receives the most of this funding?
Old 09-11-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
Have you found out what a VP's duties are yet?

President of The Senate
Old 09-11-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
Why did you reverse your support of the "Bridge to Nowhere" but keep the $200 million?

Why do you pretend to be against pork-barrel spending when, per capita, Alaska receives the most of this funding?
Did Obama or Biden vote for that particular earmark?
Old 09-11-08, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by classicman2 View Post
Did Obama or Biden vote for that particular earmark?
Of course you know that they both did. However, that's not the issue. I don't particularly care about the money- the government spends more money on stupider things all the time. I care about what it represents about Palin.
Old 09-11-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why do you look so much like Peggy Hill?
Old 09-11-08, 01:47 PM

• How did you manage to top celebrity children's names such as Apple with names like Trig, Track, Bristol, and Piper?
...oh, and "Do you believe spit is superior to shampoo and water when it comes to grooming?"

Last edited by Sheff; 09-11-08 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-11-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Do you feel that the primary reasons you were picked are based upon your qualifications, electoral strategy, or a perception that you are someone that stands up against the good old boys?
Old 09-11-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Do you know McCain keeps checking out your ass?

Old 09-11-08, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For what it's worth:

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/node/9741

The 20 questions we would ask Sarah Palin

Though Republican campaign handlers have resisted the clamoring of "elitist," mud-slinging reporters for a press conference with Sarah Palin, the VP nominee will sit down for her first campaign-trail interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson at some point later this week. While campaign advisor Rick Davis says she's not scared to answer questions, Palin is said to be enduring some intense cram sessions with foreign policy tutors like Joe Lieberman.

Her passport stamps may be few, but Palin and her supporters remain adamant that the barracuda has what it takes to roll with the world's most formidable leaders and even its heavy-hitting bullies. Among the list of credentials cited are Palin's role as commander of Alaska's National Guard, her stint as mayor, and, infamously, Alaska's close proximity to Russia.

We've put together a list of suggested questions for Gibson that we think will reveal how aware Palin is of the issues awaiting her in Washington as well as offer a glimpse of the potential world leader that lies beneath the lipstick-wearing hockey mom. Feel free to suggest some of your own.

1. In a broad and long-term sense, would you have responded differently to the attacks of 9/11?
2. Is Iraq a democracy?
3. What’s the difference between a Sunni and a Shiite?
4. What is your preferred plan for peace between Israel and Palestine? A two state solution? What about Jerusalem?
5. How do you feel about French President Nicolas Sarkozy's recent visit to Syria? Do you believe the United States should negotiate with leaders like President Bashar al-Assad?
6. Nearly 40 percent of the world's population lives in China and India. Who are those countries' leaders?
7. Do you support the U.S.-India Civil Nuclear Agreement, which would lift restrictions on sales of nuclear technology and fuel to India, a country which hasn’t signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty?
8. Other than more drilling, what steps do you suggest the U.S. take in order to move toward energy independence? Do you believe more investment is needed in alternative energy research? If so, how would you recommend this funding be allocated?
9. How would you balance concerns over human rights and freedom in China with the United States' growing economic interdependence with that country?
10. What's more important: securing Russia's cooperation on nuclear proliferation and Iran, or supporting Georgia's NATO bid? If Vladimir Putin called you on the phone and said, "It's one or the other," what would you tell him?
11. Critique the foreign policy of the last administration. Name its single greatest success, and its most critical failure.
12. What do you think will be the most defining foreign-policy issue in the next five years?
13. What role should the United States play in the global effort to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS? Should it support contraception, or abstinence only?
14. You've said that the federal government spends too much money. What, in your view, is the appropriate level of spending as a percentage of GDP?
15. You're an advocate of reducing environmental restrictions on drilling. How much oil needs to be found in the United States before the country achieves energy independence?
16. What are your picks for the three most enlightening books written on foreign policy in the last five years?
17. Who among the world's leaders can be listed as the top three friends of the United States and why?
18. In your opinion, which U.S. president was the most successful world leader and why?
19. Which U.S. political thinkers, writers, and politicians would you enlist to advise you on matters of foreign policy and why?
20. Who is the first world leader you'd like to meet with and why?
Old 09-11-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Holy shit. I would actually pay to see her head explode with those questions.
Old 09-11-08, 02:05 PM

That reads more like a quiz than an interview.
Old 09-11-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
Of course you know that they both did. However, that's not the issue. I don't particularly care about the money- the government spends more money on stupider things all the time. I care about what it represents about Palin.

When they complain about Palin & earmarks to the Bridge to Nowhere, they're being hypocrites.

Hypocrisy is an issue.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.