Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Crazies in the voters pamphlet

Old 07-30-08, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Crazies in the voters pamphlet

These are people running for office in Washington. This is what it says in the voters pamphlet. They supply the material...
For governor.....
Duff Badgley
(Prefers Green Party)

Candidate Statement:

Our Climate Crisis demands profound cultural change now. As in childbirth, pain will attend this change. We are birthing ourselves into a world radically different from what middle-class Industrial World citizens have known for a century.

We have badly abused our Earth. Now, the Earth is changing in non-linear ways. We cannot avoid this change. Our choice is to change voluntarily, or be compelled by our Earth to change.

Those leaders who sell the lethal notion that we can ‘prosper’ and avoid painful Climate Crisis change are false leaders. Reject them.

Our governor must convene a Climate Emergency session of the legislature now to enact emergency World War II-type laws:

• Divert Boeing to manufacture of solar and wind power equipment. • Vastly increase public transport. Poor ride free. • Outlaw Single Occupancy Vehicles, except where no public transport exists. • Impose aggressive, corporate carbon taxes. • Assess steep, progressive individual carbon taxes. Poor exempted. • Establish industry, regional and governmental carbon caps. • Outlaw carbon trading. • Begin personal carbon rationing. • Channel carbon tax funds to poor, offsetting high food, housing and transportation costs. • Carbon taxes fund global Rainforest Protection. • Demand full withdrawal from Iraq. Divert funds to climate programs. • Outlaw coal fired power plants. • Outlaw crop based biofuels production and use. • Provide energy retro-fit for all buildings. • Adopt new Land Use Law. Require density. Stop sprawl. • Protect Washington trees as ‘common good,’ critically aiding our climate.
But first he'll have to beat out....
Mohammad Hasan Said

Candidate Statement:

I am on a mission to assert Washington State leadership for other States joining for positive changes.

If elected Governor I will do or promote the following with help from legal experts.

1. WITHDRAW WASHINGTON NATIONAL GUARD FROM IRAQ IMMEDIATELY. The unfair Iraqi occupation was engineered by New Conservative for Israel. Request for Freedom Of Information Act November 14, 2005 with their answer November 21, 2005 control number COPS2006004 is still pending to prove evidence.

2. AMEND CONSTITUTION, article 1, section 8, paragraph 11, so War Power Act be delegated to States Legislators not Congress.

3. AMEND CONSTITUTION, article 1, section 8, paragraph 3, so individual States can compete for overseas businesses without interference from Federal Government. I will lead trade mission to Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, Syria etc.

4. PROMOTE ONE STATE SOLUTION FOR PALESTINIAN- ARAB ISRAELI CONFLICT, so Jews, Christians and Muslims can live in Secular State like ours.

Other issues are in my platform.

Finally I would like to sound the alarm, that AIPAC and other Jewish Zionist Lobbies who represent less than 2% of American People are using the United States through their mighty power in the News Media, Financial Institutions, Hollywood and Entertainment Industry, Both Political Parties, Congress and the White House as Proxy to wage war against any country perceived to be threat to Israel, like in Iraq. This will lead us into conflicts for generations with Arab and Muslim World. This has got to stop!

This Movement Campaign to get back our country from being influenced by foreign governments. This way we honor our founding father, George Washington’s farewell speech 1796, “Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of the Republic Government.”

Websites of interest: drsaid.net, wrmea.com, Vanunu Mordechai, Islamweb.net, plands.org, normanfinkelstein.com, Naturi Karta, Aljazeera.net/English .
But not to worry. If neither makes it, our children will make the change with our new State Supt. of Schools...

David Blomstrom

Candidate Statement

Viva Chavez! No, I haven’t lost my mind - just my profession (teaching) and students.* Disgusted by voter apathy, I’m trying to tap into the energy generated by Venezuela’s president. Hugo Chavez has some good ideas, too - like holding corrupt corporations accountable and nationalizing strategic industries. In fact, public education’s biggest problem is corporate corruption, the de facto privatization of our schools. Yet the media have once again turned this race into a forum on the WASL - which I’ve fought for over a decade. So why do the media ignore and even lie about me? This race has also been dominated by corrupt teachers unions, another scourge I’ve been attacking for over a decade. This isn’t a tea party, folks. We’re at war with our own government, with Corporate America, and we’re getting our butts kicked, liberals, conservatives and independents alike. Well, I’m not afraid to fight. I’m even attacking Bill Gates, right in his home town. I don’t respect software terrorists who exploit children. How can we take back America if we can’t even rescue our local schools? *www.seattle-mafia.org - Information, blogs, forums, polls, news.

I haven't gone through them all yet, but this looks to be the greatest voters pamphlet ever.
Old 07-30-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think your state has out-kooked California. That's impressive!!
Old 07-31-08, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Perhaps this was better suited to Other.
Old 07-31-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, I miss Washington and Oregon.
Old 07-31-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is this your first dud?
Old 07-31-08, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Oh, hell no.

But obviously I forgot to to put religion, abortion, or same sex marriage in the title.
Old 07-31-08, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

how many peopel do you have running for gov?
Old 07-31-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Venusian
It doesn't really matter... Both are candidates of change, so they should do well!
Old 07-31-08, 02:18 PM

Come on kvrdave admit you're really David Blomstrom and this is just a veiled attempt at campaigning
Old 07-31-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Venusian
About 8.
Old 07-31-08, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
I like the idea of public transportation.
Jim Jones probably said a few things that made sense before, "Let's buy a lot of koolaid," as well.
Old 07-31-08, 02:58 PM

I like the idea of public transportation.
I like the idea of it, too. I just don't see it as all that practical in a lot of places in the US. But, as anti-car as I am these days, I never take public transport; maybe because where I live it's really horrible.
Old 08-02-08, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My pamphlet contains candidates for the Washington 7th Congressional District.

Trying to unseat Jim McDermott we have:

Goodspaceguy Nelson
Biographical Information

Current Occupation/Employer: An owner of real estate and stocks, Goodspaceguy is also an economist.

Education: Goodspaceguy received his Master of Science Degree from the University of Minnesota. Goodspaceguy previously studied for 3 years at Stockholm University in Sweden, having already earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Germany and his high school diploma in Washington State.

Family: The life of Spaceship Earth is his family.

Significant Career Experience: Trying to understand the universe, Goodspaceguy became an amateur jack-of-all-trades and astronomer and economist and wants to advance rejuvenation and medical technology and wants tall buildings and more movies to be made in Washington State.

Candidate Statement

Goodspaceguy believes that the number one problem on Spaceship Earth is the tripling of people during the last hundred years. We numerous, brainy humans are exterminating wilderness and wildlife. Instead of starvation, genocide, and war, we should use nicer methods (such as the head tax and birth fees and study and work and social security) to decrease the number of people boarding Spaceship Earth. Goodspaceguy is pro choice on almost everything.

Goodspaceguy wants Orbital Space Colonization to be one of the great tasks for our new 21st Century. Through NASA, we have already paid the necessary money for the start of an Earth orbiting space colony, but our leaders have not been educated in orbital space colonization, and, therefore, they have wasted and are wasting much money. After profitable success in Earth orbit, we should then build additional profitable colonies in orbit around the Moon and Mars, where solar power is also plentiful.

Long ago, life from the seas of Earth colonized the land of Earth. The colonization of space by life from Earth is of similar significance.

Meanwhile on computerized Spaceship Earth, Goodspaceguy wants us to raise the quality-of-life by longevity research and by getting more people working, producing the goods and services that will make up our improving living standard and health. Let’s improve the incentive system. Let’s coax more people into productivity. Goodspaceguy wants safety-net employment of helpers. Goodspaceguy wants more people studying at our colleges during the underutilized evenings and weekends.

Please help raise the living standard by voting for the small spending candidates and by limiting your campaign contributions to less than $25.

For more information, google the name Goodspaceguy Nelson or visit http://colonizeorbitalspace.blogspot.com .

Computer children of the Airplane Age, you should now begin building the Age of Space Colonization.
Old 08-05-08, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk God

That's awesome.

Did you notice Javier Lopez who is running for govenor? I missed this gem the first time.....
Current Occupation/Employer: Retired

Education: Graduate from California Polytechnic University. BA in Political Science, Minor in Public Administration.

Family: Married to Aurora Lopez for 44 years, have 3 children.

Significant Career Experience: As an artist and inventor I have come up with an invention that will solve all of the world’s problems. I have invented an air engine that has the power to operate an automobile while relying on air as its fuel source. Adoption of this technology would mean an end to reliance on fossil fuels, stopping carbon-monoxide emissions, pollution and global warming.

Candidate Statement

Honesty, Ethics and integrity, these values have been missing in government far too long and it’s time to make a change!

There are many issues that our state government must address during the governor’s next term. Washington voters must decide whether they should bring back to Olympia those candidates and incumbents who claim their solutions to these issues will fix the problems. The sad truth is that they have spent their careers in government and are an integral part of the problem themselves.

The people of Washington are my number one priority and I pledge that your voice will be heard and acted upon while I am your Governor. I will be the Governor for all Washingtonians. The time for you to have a real voice in Olympia is now.

I am an outspoken critic of waste and fraud in government and work tirelessly to remind our state government that they work for the people of Washington. For too long our government in Olympia has felt they do not have to listen to the people. How many times did we vote for $30.00 license tabs before we were finally heard? Do we remember that we voted to limit spending in our government? Yet the legislature, with the blessing of the governor, has continually found ways to circumvent that law.

I am also passionate about the children of our state. I am appalled by the growing trend of acceptance from the media regarding sexual abuse of our school children by members of the educational profession. The children of Washington are the lifeblood of the future. They are the Governors, Legislators, Judges and Presidents of tomorrow and we must do everything in our power to protect our children.

I pledge to all Washingtonians that I will always work for you. Vote!
Old 08-05-08, 04:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kvrdave

Duff Badgley
(Prefers Green Party)
This should be his file photo
Old 08-05-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kvrdave
That's awesome.

Did you notice Javier Lopez who is running for govenor? I missed this gem the first time.....
I think you win. You have the craziest crazies.

The perpetual motion machine will be a particularly welcome solution to the energy crisis.
Old 08-06-08, 09:32 AM
Admin-Thanos

A friend of mine who lived there for a year, tells me public trasnportation in Montevideo is a pleasure to use. It is timely, clean and comfortable.

I believe quality public transportation is entirely within our capabilities. It just so happens that throughout the world many have chosen not to pursue it. I think it is one of the most costly and tragic mistake of our times.
I agree with you about Public Transportation.

The dude who first mentioned it in kvrdave's original post said a lot of crazy stuff wrapped around it though.
Old 08-06-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Only if you think personal carbon rationing is crazu/