Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Anyone hear Jesse Ventura on Howard Stern? 07/29/08

Old 07-29-08, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone hear Jesse Ventura on Howard Stern? 07/29/08

It was a great interview. I have to respect anyone who is a Navy SEAL, and who has offered his service to our country. If he hadn't I wouldn't give much thought to what he said about 9/11.

Here's basically what he said (paraphrased):

In the early 80's the Republican administration (he gave the names) started a sort of think tank who's focus was to figure out how to make the USA the only super power. The answer they came up with was controling the Mid-East oil. Doing so would control the productivity of other nations such as China by controling oil prices/flow.

They felt the first obstacle to achieving the goal was convincing the American people that we needed to go to war. Jesse says the think tank said "we need a Pearl Harbor type event to make that happen". The next problem was that Bill Clinton took the White House for 8 years, and the plan had to be put on ice. When Bush took the White House they thawed out this idea, and put it in motion. He believes our own gov't took out the Twin Towers and bldg 7 as the "Pearl Harbor" event.
He pointed out that Bin Laden is currently not listed on the gov'ts website as the cause of 9/11, says the Bin Laden tapes are fake, thinks he's "probably dead" and the gov't is just using him as a face for the continuation of the goal. Ventura also pointed out that out air defense failed us, but no one was fired. He says if anyone had gotten fired they would have talked, and revealed inconsistancies. By not firing anyone, nobody talks, and there isn't anyone for the media to question.

He also feels the high oil prices are currently wanted by the gov't for reasons of slowing productivity of competing nations.

Last edited by parrotheads4; 07-29-08 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-29-08, 07:42 PM

1. Not sure what being a Navy SEAL has to do with any of that.

2. The rest is just stupid.
Old 07-29-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, I knew he was a bit off but I had no idea he was this far off his nut. Was he this crazy when he got elected or did he go off his meds?
Old 07-29-08, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It amazes and sadens me how many people believe shit like this.
Old 07-29-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Pro Wrestling is fake.
Old 07-29-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Jesse took too many chairs to the head in his wrestling days.
Come on, watch the tapes...Jesse never took a bump in his life.
Old 07-29-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I heard it. Nothing new beyond the typical 9/11 conspiracy stuff. The only relevance of his Seal status is that he was trained in explosives and babbled about how the towers came down and Building 7.
Old 07-29-08, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He must have been listening to Alex Jones. As much as people do not like Bush the idea that he was behind this blows my mind.
Old 07-29-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
He must have been listening to Alex Jones. As much as people do not like Bush the idea that he was behind this blows my mind.
They think Bush was merely a player. Ventura went on to say how Clinton messed up their plans and "they" had to wait out his term to put the new Pearl Harbor into motion.
Old 07-29-08, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
It amazes and sadens me how many people believe shit like this.
This.
Old 07-30-08, 01:45 AM
Suspended

Jesse was an idiot before he even took up wrestling. It's a shame, really.

Too bad Jesse wasn't aware of Reagan, who actually wanted to tear down the walls of East Berlin, Moscow, and Communism, thus tearing down any chances of a major war. So, the 80's Republican Conspiracy thing isn't even close to being a possibility.

Oh, and Jesse should visit http://www.fbi.gov/wanted.htm and http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm. OBL is listed in the Top Ten and Most Wanted Terrorists lists.

The only thing I will concede to the complete dumbass, is OBL is dead. But I've stated this some time ago...even before Jesse rubbed hot oil on his sexy daughter's inner thighs.
Old 07-30-08, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk God

I love the impressions they do of him on Morning Joe.

I agree.
Old 07-30-08, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ya think?

Old 07-30-08, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by parrotheads4
He pointed out that Bin Laden is currently not listed on the gov'ts website as the cause of 9/11, says the Bin Laden tapes are fake, thinks he's "probably dead" and the gov't is just using him as a face for the continuation of the goal.
If they were just using him as a face of evil, why wouldn't they list him as the cause on their website?
Old 07-30-08, 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=DVD Polizei]Jesse was an idiot before he even took up wrestling. It's a shame, really.

Too bad Jesse wasn't aware of Reagan, who actually wanted to tear down the walls of East Berlin, Moscow, and Communism, thus tearing down any chances of a major war. So, the 80's Republican Conspiracy thing isn't even close to being a possibility.

He was in the Navy before wrestling. I wouldn't say he's an idiot.

So you don't remember the Iran Contra production. Here's is what is funny about that - little Oli is now a repeater for Fixed noise. He's been in the media one way or another for over 10 years. You don't think that is bizarre!? Think about it. He made a few bucks after Iran Contra so yeah I guess it was a "coincidence".

I think the fact that Bin Laden's name comes up here and there is that they're just using him as a scare tactic. I would not doubt that he could be dead.
Old 07-30-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jesse's "theory" has a major flaw: if the government was behind it, they certainly would have made it clear that Iraq was resonsible...Afghanistan is not a major oil exporter.
Old 07-30-08, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
But I've stated this some time ago...even before Jesse rubbed hot oil on his sexy daughter's inner thighs.

That was the 'Hulkster'...

I see at least one fruitcake popped their head up in this thread, I was watching this thread for one of the 'conspiracy' lunatics to finally 'go' for the 9-11 stuff.

One did. Tried to play it 'close to the chest' I'll grant, but you can tell there's a lot more there.
Old 07-30-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
It drives me nuts when Jones is on the KLBJ morning show every now and then. It saddens me that the regular hosts of the show believe as much as they do about what Jones says, but they have a lot of listeners who they influence as well.
Old 07-30-08, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Holy cow. Jesse makes me think that maybe the 2 party system is the best way to go. What a loon.
Old 07-30-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by parrotheads4
It was a great interview. I have to respect anyone who is a Navy SEAL, and who has offered his service to our country. If he hadn't I wouldn't give much thought to what he said about 9/11.
Dude, don't make me hate Jimmy Buffet more than I do. His comments are silly.
Old 07-30-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by atlantamoi
Dude, don't make me hate Jimmy Buffet more than I do.
Old 07-30-08, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by atlantamoi
Dude, don't make me hate Jimmy Buffet more than I do. His comments are silly.
Solid Gold!
Old 07-30-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Shocking that he recently decided to not run for the Senate. Shocking.
Old 07-30-08, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't catch him on Stern but his appearence on O+A a few months (years?) ago was probably equally as nuts. He made zero sense, and whenever one of the guys asked a question that may hurt his crackpot theory, he just responded "were you a navy seal??" which is totally irrelevant to the argument.
There are some clips on youtube. I know some Stern fans may hate O+A but check out the clips, Anthony and Jimmy really give it too him good.

You'll have to forgive the poor quality of the clips, but here's part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4WlJe93YmA
Old 07-30-08, 06:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse

That was the 'Hulkster'...

I see at least one fruitcake popped their head up in this thread, I was watching this thread for one of the 'conspiracy' lunatics to finally 'go' for the 9-11 stuff.

One did. Tried to play it 'close to the chest' I'll grant, but you can tell there's a lot more there.
Crap, you're right. It wasn't Jesse. I swear they're brothers.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.