Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Geldof and Bush, on the road....

Old 02-29-08, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Geldof and Bush, on the road....

It's too long to post here, but I thought this was quite a good read. It's Bob Geldof's diary of his trip to Africa with GW:

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...717934,00.html
Old 02-29-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wasn't Geldof the one who angrily commented on how the media has basically ignored all the good Bush has done for Africa? I guess no one expected this kind of support for Africa from Bush and they're still in shock.
Old 02-29-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This....does...not...compute....Bush.....stupid......narrow..minded...unaware....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. ....
Old 02-29-08, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've always seen Bush's commitment to African aid as a big plus for him, and Geldof is correct in saying that Bush's marketing of it is terrible. Then again, the base thinks that Aids is God's retribution for homosexuality, so Bush is walking a tightrope by actually treating the "damned" with compassion.
Old 03-01-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Numanoid
I've always seen Bush's commitment to African aid as a big plus for him, and Geldof is correct in saying that Bush's marketing of it is terrible. Then again, the base thinks that Aids is God's retribution for homosexuality, so Bush is walking a tightrope by actually treating the "damned" with compassion.

Hey, don't forget to thoroughly wash that 'Broad brush' when you're done painting those fat strokes...

Anyway, I think...and I could be wrong... 'the base' would probably be more concerned about him throwing money at a Foreign country. But then again, 'the base' is also more compassionate about stuff like this than you would think. 'The base' is probably giving money to their favorite private organizations and or Churches who help people with AIDS in Africa.
Old 03-01-08, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You know, when Ky-Fi said the report was too long to post here, I was expecting a link to a 300-page essay.

Africa has its problems, the most critical ones being civil war and instability. I think things will improve in a few hundred years.
Old 03-01-08, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger
You know, when Ky-Fi said the report was too long to post here, I was expecting a link to a 300-page essay.

All right, all right---I may have posted a few articles that were a tad on the long side a few times.....
Old 03-01-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Hmmmm, based on who has posted and what they have posted, I don't know what to think.