Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Most Shocking Video Ever: 12 Year Old Taliban Boy Beheads Man

Old 02-16-08, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Most Shocking Video Ever: 12 Year Old Taliban Boy Beheads Man

I'm not posting the video here, it's extremely graphic and can be found at the link below that accompanies this story.

February 15, 2008
Most Shocking Video Ever: 12 Year Old Taliban Boy Beheads Man (Uncensored Version)

Some time back we brought you news that the Taliban had reached new lows and were now circulating a propaganda video, produced by the Taliban themselves, showing a 12 year old boy beheading a hostage. Censored video of the horrific act eventually made it to the internet, but we showed some screencaps from the uncensored version in order to show just how horrible the enemy we fight in Afghanistan really are.

How bad are the Taliban? I thought I had seen horrible videos produced by al Qaeda, the Taliban, and other Islamist organizations. I'd seen the depth of their depravity when they beheaded Daniel Pearl. Experienced what I thought was the highest form of righteous indignation possible when they murdered dozens of other hostages. Felt like I knew what wrath was.

None of it even comes close. The images we posted earlier were bad. Add video and sound of a child---a child--slowly hacking away at a man's head while he lives on.....no words can describe it.

Strongest possible content warning: Proceed with extreme caution!

It's so bad that there was some debate amongst ourselves whether to show it or not. Yesterday we put up a link to a video showing al Qaeda in Iraq burning hostages alive. Allahpundit, speaking of that same video says:

Not for those with weak stomachs; not really for those with strong stomachs, either. But force yourself, as none of Cordesmanís charts, as impressive as they are, will drive home to you like this will what it means in practical terms that far fewer of these subhumans are walking around Iraq today than last year. They deserve every misery inflicted upon them.

Indeed. No, the Taliban aren't the "Iraqi resistance" which some on the fringes of the left seem to love so much, but they're just as bad.

Strongest possible content warning: You are about to see the true face of our enemies. This is not an American propaganda video, it was made by the Taliban themselves. This is why we fight. This is why we must win.

We'll see how long the video lasts. Original video can be found at here, but site contains sexually explicit ads around the video, hence our reluctance to link them directly.

Previously: Taliban Child Beheading Uncensored Images

Update: NY Times ignores atrocities of the most disgustingly vile enemy the U.S. has faced since the Nazis, instead outraged by blindfolding suspects in Iraq. That's right, blindfolding.
The video can be found at the original link link removed

If only we knew why they hated so much, then we could sit down and talk through our differences...you know, express our feelings 'n shit. I'm sure this is somehow George Bush's fault.

I'm sure glad our biggest problem in America is that of passing out condoms to 12 year olds

Last edited by VinVega; 02-16-08 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-16-08, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That was really fucked up. I dont think we'll ever understand why they do this kind of sick shit.
Old 02-16-08, 07:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mhg83
That was really fucked up. I dont think we'll ever understand why they do this kind of sick shit.
It's the sign of the times and is why we voted George W in for 8 years to keep us safe.
Old 02-16-08, 10:10 AM
Admin-Thanos

mod note - Don't link to that kind of graphic violence here. The story is evidence enough
Old 02-16-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

This is not an American propaganda video, it was made by the Taliban themselves. This is why we fight. This is why we must win.

Yeah, ok. Just a footnote. You can't shoot and fight your way to victory with something like this. This is culture. It is ingrained into their membranes.

You cannot fire a weapon at a belief and expect it to die.

Not that I'm against killing Taliban members--I'd love to test my theories on sharp vs. dull knives myself on these idiots--but creating dead bodies for your enemy only gives them more propaganda as well. It's an endless cycle. They kill people and post video, we bomb their hideouts, they kill more people, we bomb more Taliban hideouts.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 02-16-08 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-16-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
This is not an American propaganda video, it was made by the Taliban themselves. This is why we fight. This is why we must win.

Yeah, ok. Just a footnote. You can't shoot and fight your way to victory with something like this. This is culture. It is ingrained into their membranes.

You cannot fire a weapon at a belief and expect it to die.

Not that I'm against killing Taliban members--I'd love to test my theories on sharp vs. dull knives myself on these idiots--but creating dead bodies for your enemy only gives them more propaganda as well. It's an endless cycle. They kill people and post video, we bomb their hideouts, they kill more people, we bomb more Taliban hideouts.
so we should just nuke em all into oblivion. That might send them the right message.
Old 02-16-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mhg83
so we should just nuke em all into oblivion. That might send them the right message.

I think that is probably the best long term solution, personally. If you don't want to be part of the species, we will remove you from it.
Old 02-17-08, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kvrdave
I think that is probably the best long term solution, personally. If you don't want to be part of the species, we will remove you from it.
You act as if there is something uniquely pathological about these people, when in reality their behavior is more than universal.
Old 02-17-08, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

reminds me of that Bible story about Joshua I think it was and how his son didn't kill the prisoner

i don't know why some people get worked up over things like this. the reality of life for most of the world's population is very different than for the small minority of people that are lucky enough to live in the US, Western Europe and a few other countries who make moral judgements about it. for most of the worlds population life is not too different than what you read in the history books or watch on cable TV. In India parents still sell their kids into slavery for some quick cash just like they have done for thousands of years.

in afghanistan and western pakistan the reality of life has been constant warfare for as long as anyone can remember

Last edited by al_bundy; 02-17-08 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-17-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superboy
You act as if there is something uniquely pathological about these people, when in reality their behavior is more than universal.
And you're acting as if condemning a behavior and belief system hasn't been the bedrock of any moral progress the human race as ever made.
Old 02-17-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Are you saying the US is the pinnacle of moral progress? How many deaths of innocent people occur each year from alcohol in the US? And now how many deaths occur from drinking alcohol in Middle East countries where their moral compass is allegedly bent.

We don't chop people's heads off, but we still kill people. So, whether you chop a guy's head off or plow into a family while you're drunk, we still manage to kill a rather large number of innocent people (and children) every single year. No attempts from our society to stop it. We tolerate it. Just like other countries tolerate beheadings.

Sorry to burst the bubble of Moral Progress, but the US is far from being "better" than other countries. And when you take into account the rise in mass murders of people using guns (which may develop into something else in the future), the overall picture of the US vs. Them is certainly not different at all, except for the method.

We may be more advanced than other countries, but people are still murdered and killed here. When that changes to a big fat ZERO, then we can talk about us being better than them.

Until then, we need to pull out completely, tell them "See yah", let them kill each other, and concentrate on our own societal ills. Because we will NEVER change their culture as we currently are attempting to do.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 02-17-08 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-17-08, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to burst the bubble of Moral Progress, but the US is far from being "better" than other countries. And when you take into account the rise in mass murders of people using guns (which may develop into something else in the future), the overall picture of the US vs. Them is certainly not different at all, except for the method.
That's fine, but I think you should explain that to the millions upon millions who are giving up everything and risking their lives, using methods legal and illegal, for the chance to emigrate to the US, Canada, Western Europe and Australia. They're obviously quite misguided and have a skewed view of reality, as they could probably find much cheaper housing in Afghanistan.
Old 02-17-08, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How inhuman. It's amazing how little regard people have for those they find distasteful.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go burn down the house of the accused child molester down the street.
Old 02-17-08, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mr

Are you saying the US is the pinnacle of moral progress? How many deaths of innocent people occur each year from alcohol in the US?
Voluntarily consuming alcohol and suffering the consequences thereof is juuuust a little different from having your head sawed off by a brainwashed fanatical 12 year old kid--and videotaped.
Even if you're talking about drunk driving accidents, the key word there is "accident". (I'm not condoning DUI and the havoc drunk drivers can cause in any way, and think they should be punished/treated.) But even that is a different scenario.

School shootings or serial killings do occur, no argument here. We don't tolerate it. We try to catch the attackers and punish/treat them. We even (incorrectly, imho) try to create "gun free zones" in certain areas due to a flawed idea that those laws will prevent chaos. If the attackers survive, they are generally either taken to jail or to a mental facility for a long time. We also--unlike the nations that "tolerate" (how about "glorify") these beheadings--value individual freedom and choice; and some people make poor choices, and until about twenty years ago, they had to deal with the consequences of those decisions (while still being able to access assistance).

We're not perfect, and there's undeniably room for improvement. But don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. I think we're about nine jillion times better off than most other countries in the world.
Old 02-17-08, 11:01 AM

It's hard to take the moral high road when you're proposing genocide as a solution.
Old 02-17-08, 11:51 AM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Just another day at the Islamofascist office.
Old 02-17-08, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi
And you're acting as if condemning a behavior and belief system hasn't been the bedrock of any moral progress the human race as ever made.
Actually, I find that statement extremely vague. I suppose we can then call "moral progress" the condemnation of the following:

homosexuality
adultery
divorce
premarital sex
recreational drug usage
witches and the subsequent witch trials
the holocaust

...there's probably more i'm forgetting, but if you call condemning people in general the "bedrock of any moral progress the human race has ever made" then you probably need a lesson in history.
Old 02-17-08, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

condemning a behavior and belief system...

but if you call condemning people in general......
Obviously, you implied that I said something quite different than what I actually said.

And pursuant to some of the examples you gave, yes, it's a given that people can be morally mistaken in what they condemn. I never said that wasn't the case. What I said was that speaking out and condemning a moral wrong is NECESSARILY REQUIRED in order to eradicate that wrong. I'm not seeing the flaw in my logic.
Old 02-17-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Obviously, you implied that I said something quite different than what I actually said.

And pursuant to some of the examples you gave, yes, it's a given that people can be morally mistaken in what they condemn. I never said that wasn't the case. What I said was that speaking out and condemning a moral wrong is NECESSARILY REQUIRED in order to eradicate that wrong. I'm not seeing the flaw in my logic.
Because you assume that the world is a better place now or has been made a better place through the condemnation of behaviors and beliefs when in fact it is the very thing that people have been fighting against.

Also consider the society that you depict. I do not want to imagine a slippery slope argument but consider that even in the most liberal of societies, McCarthyism is still possible and carries with it a legacy that America does not want to carry on.
Old 02-17-08, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Because you assume that the world is a better place now or has been made a better place through the condemnation of behaviors and beliefs ....
I most certainly do assume that, and I can't think of any major social advancement in the west that didn't require that---from the abolition of slavery and Jim Crow, to the suffragette movement, to the Civil rights movement, to women's rights and gay rights, and artists' rights of expression...etc. And if you don't believe in condemning behaviors and beliefs on moral grounds, then logically you'd have to support disbanding things like Amnesty International, Human Rights watch, international movements against human trafficing, child sex trafficing, etc---indeed the very concept of universal human rights.
Old 02-17-08, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Doesn't it go without saying that when a 12 year old beheads someone, he not a boy anymore.
Old 02-17-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Pretty much. Idiots can be any age. Yes, even at two-years old.
Old 02-17-08, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

That's fine, but I think you should explain that to the millions upon millions who are giving up everything and risking their lives, using methods legal and illegal, for the chance to emigrate to the US, Canada, Western Europe and Australia. They're obviously quite misguided and have a skewed view of reality, as they could probably find much cheaper housing in Afghanistan.
Well, I'm not saying we don't have a peculiar bunch of freaks in particular geographic areas in the world. What I am trying to convey to you, is the methods are simply different to the same end: death.

Yes, the US is certainly a better place to live. I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just saying we kill quite a few people over here as well. The chances of being beheaded in the US are rather low...just like the chances of getting hit by a drunk driver in Afghanistan...is rather low.

Looking at this from merely a death angle, it's not much different. But when we look at the methods of death, this is where all the debates and arguments occur.
Old 02-17-08, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"Of nine governments worldwide implicated in the recruitment or use of children as soldiers, eight receive US military assistance."

http://hrw.org/campaigns/crp/child_soldiers/index.htm (video)

Time to write your congressman...

http://hrw.org/campaigns/crp/child_s...takeaction.htm

Last edited by eXcentris; 02-17-08 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-17-08, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Actually, by that logic, the debate is over. All countries suck, because in every country, every person has a 100% chance of death.

However, I think most people see a difference between dying by beheaded by 12 year old psychos, or stoned to death by the government, and running the risk of getting hit by a drunk driver.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.