Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Clinton '08 hostage situation?!?!!

Old 11-30-07, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Clinton '08 hostage situation?!?!!

Anyone following this? Looks like 2 people released, dude with a (alleged) bomb still inside?!
Old 11-30-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

What?
Old 11-30-07, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Two Clinton Campaign Hostages Released

ROCHESTER, N.H. -- Two hostages have been released from the Hillary Clinton campaign office in Rochester, police said, but it was unclear if there were any more inside.

An armed man took hostages at the office on 28 North Main St. Friday afternoon, and officials with the campaign said that there were two workers taken hostage in the office, but police have not confirmed that those were the only two hostages in the building.

The two hostages were released at about 3 p.m.

ABC News reported that the hostage-taker was an older male who was well-known locally and has a history of mental illness who told his son today to "watch the new."

Clinton, who is not in New Hampshire, canceled a National Democratic Committee meeting in Virginia.

A woman and her baby told workers at a neighboring business that she was released by the hostage-taker.

"A young woman with a 6-month or 8-month-old infant came rushing into the store just in tears, and she said, 'You need to call 911. A man has just walked into the Clinton office, opened his coat and showed us a bomb strapped to his chest with duct tape,'" witness Lettie Tzizik said.

Witnesses described the man as in his 40s with salt-and-pepper hair. There are several police officers in the area with guns drawn.

"I walked out and I immediately started running, and I saw that the road was blocked off. They told me run and keep going," said Cassandra Hamilton, who works in an office adjacent to the building.

Police used a loudspeaker to announce to the hostage-taker that they were going to try to send a phone in so they could talk to him.

Nearby businesses have been evacuated, and students at the St. Elizabeth Seton School were moved to the Maple Street School, where they will be released to their parents.

Several elementary and middle schools in the areas locked their doors in what officials called a "soft lockdown." Children at the McLelland School, Maple Street School and William Allen School were only being released directly to their parents.

"There is an ongoing situation in our Rochester, N.H. office. We are in close contact with state and local authorities and are acting at their direction," an official from Clinton's campaign said in statement.

"Police are negotiating with someone in the building," said another witness, who did not want to be identified. "The police are notifying all the business owners on the street to evacuate. There are fire trucks behind the Hillary Clinton office."

"We are all disappointed that this would happen in our city. We are a quiet, friendly city," Rochester Mayor John Larochelle.

Presidential candidate Barack Obama also has an office in Rochester, and it has been evacuated. Staff members in John Edwards' office, which is a few buildings away, were also evacuated. There were no reports of any injuries. There were no reports of any injuries.
This guy was probably a plant
Old 11-30-07, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All over DR Bus. Apparently he's a local nutjob.
Old 11-30-07, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Watch the new.
Old 11-30-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
All over DR Bus. Apparently he's a local nutjob.
Right, but isn't it a bit soon to be making fun of released hostages? They are probably fairly traumatized at the moment.
Old 11-30-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yay! Details.
Old 11-30-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk God

I thought I saw this subject in another thread.
Old 11-30-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by classicman2
I thought I saw this subject in another thread.
I do not think that it was posted in this thread.
Old 11-30-07, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
Right, but isn't it a bit soon to be making fun of released hostages? They are probably fairly traumatized at the moment.
I are confused.
Old 11-30-07, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk God

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....&page=27&pp=25

I believe it was this one.
Old 11-30-07, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk God

This will pale in comparison to when we are all held hostage by Hillary for at least 4 years.
Old 11-30-07, 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Dog
This will pale in comparison to when we are all held hostage by Hillary for at least 4 years.

Oh, brother.
Old 11-30-07, 04:36 PM
X
Administrator

What, no high speed chase today? No OJ hearing? No cat stuck in a drainpipe?
Old 11-30-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Out of Bounds
Oh, brother.
You seriously need to lighten up. It was a joke.

If it makes you feel better, I'll add...."on top of the 8 years we will have been held hostage by Bush."
Old 11-30-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Trust me - you'll grow to love it.
Old 11-30-07, 04:39 PM
Banned

I hate Hilary but I also hate the Right Wing wackos who do this kinda shit...Why cant we have liberals who are batshit insane who actually do something for once and assassinate Bush? Oh, thats right the only kind of people who do this kinda thing play for Mr. Bush's team. Hmmm....this country deserves to fall.
Old 11-30-07, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
I hate Hilary but I also hate the Right Wing wackos who do this kinda shit...Why cant we have liberals who are batshit insane who actually do something for once and assassinate Bush? Oh, thats right the only kind of people who do this kinda thing play for Mr. Bush's team. Hmmm....this country deserves to fall.
And with that post, I believe classicman2 must surrender his title of "the voice of reason" on this forum.
Old 11-30-07, 04:41 PM
Banned

You seriously need to lighten up. It was a joke.

WOW! No kidding?? I thought you were SERIOUS!!

Old 11-30-07, 04:41 PM
X
Administrator

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
I heard that the hostage guy has libertarian leanings. Whatever that means. Come to think of it, I don't know what that quoted post means either.
Old 11-30-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Red Dog is only serious when he talks about Ron Paul.
Old 11-30-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by X
I heard that the hostage guy has libertarian leanings. Whatever that means. Come to think of it, I don't know what that quoted post means either.
Libertarian leanings? I know two prostitutes in Nevada that can help out with that.
Old 11-30-07, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by X
I heard that the hostage guy has libertarian leanings.
In that case we can send the cops home and let the free market work it out.
Old 11-30-07, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk God

libertarian leanings
Old 11-30-07, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by X

Why do you think I'm posting now - need that IP address trace to prove I'm not there. After all, I really insulted Hillary - either seriously or in jest. I'm not really sure anymore.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.