DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   Question for All of Our Good Democrats on DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/500897-question-all-our-good-democrats-dvd-talk.html)

classicman2 05-17-07 04:31 PM

Question for All of Our Good Democrats on DVD Talk

Have you received you '2007 Grassroots Survey of Democratic Leaders' yet?

I received mine in the mail today.

There are 15 questions to answer.

Don't forget to check back page - that's where they ask you for money. :lol:

You rank the 10 most important issues to you.

There's also a question on withdrawal of troops from Iraq & other issues of national issue.

btw: The cover letter is signed by Howard Dean. I know you'll treasure that. ;)

JasonF 05-17-07 06:32 PM

You're just bragging. :p

I gave money during the 2004 election cycle, so I have no doubt that I'll get somthing in the mail.

Red Dog 05-17-07 06:35 PM

The Republicans sent me something before the 2004 election. I replied and sent a message back. I'm not expecting another mailer. ;)

JasonF 05-17-07 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
The Republicans sent me something before the 2004 election. I replied and sent a message back. I'm not expecting another mailer. ;)

:lol:

wendersfan 05-17-07 06:52 PM

I wonder if the Democrats think of me as a Democrat or not? :hscratch:

;)

OldDude 05-17-07 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog

The last one they sent me had a question about Terry Schiavo which really got my goat. Especially since the multiple choice survey questions don't give you any chance to express nuance on an issue. The choices (obviously paraphrased) are along the lines of:
A) I fully support the wisdom of George W. Bush and the Republican National Party.
B) Something a commie pinko, somewhat left of Karl Marx, would say.

I sent them a long letter giving them my nuanced opinion on the issue (I was a little mad for nuance) and asked to be removed from the mailing list.

kvrdave 05-17-07 07:36 PM

I have gotten them from both parties, but I don't know that I have ever opened one.

VinVega 05-17-07 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan
I wonder if the Democrats think of me as a Democrat or not? :hscratch:

;)

The day you told me you were a Republican was the day you broke my heart. :(

NCMojo 05-17-07 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by VinVega

Don't believe him. If he could, wendersfan would probably be a registered Whig.

das Monkey 05-17-07 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldDude
The last one they sent me had a question about Terry Schiavo which really got my goat. Especially since the multiple choice survey questions don't give you any chance to express nuance on an issue. The choices (obviously paraphrased) are along the lines of:
A) I fully support the wisdom of George W. Bush and the Republican National Party.
B) Something a commie pinko, somewhat left of Karl Marx, would say.

I sent them a long letter giving them my nuanced opinion on the issue (I was a little mad for nuance) and asked to be removed from the mailing list.

Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all.
  • Strongly Disagree
  • Disagree
  • Agree
  • Strongly Agree

Some people are naturally unlucky.
  • Strongly Disagree
  • Disagree
  • Agree
  • Strongly Agree

das

JasonF 05-18-07 12:54 AM

http://ex-donkey.mu.nu/images/mike-fredo-kiss.jpg

classicman2 05-18-07 07:39 AM

It's difficult to admire Ron Paul and still be considered a Democrat.

As a matter of fact - it's impossible. ;)

Groucho 05-18-07 09:08 AM

They don't send me shit. I live in Utah, they know my vote doesn't matter.

Then again, John Edwards is going to have a fund raiser here in a couple weeks. :wtf:

classicman2 05-18-07 09:12 AM

There are some well heeled Democrats in Utah.

wendersfan 05-18-07 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by classicman2
There are some well heeled Democrats in Utah.

With all those wives I'm sure they have a fine collection of shoes!

:rimshot:

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

CRM114 05-18-07 09:29 AM

I didn't even know that. Bummer.

wendersfan 05-18-07 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by CRM114
I didn't even know that. Bummer.

That I was a Democrat and now I'm a Republican, or that I broke Vin's heart?

My party affiliation is meaningless; it's determined solely by which party's primary I chose to vote in most recently.

Groucho 05-18-07 09:51 AM

In Utah, anybody can vote in the Democratic presidential primary, but you have to be a registered Republican to vote in their primary. So a lot of independents and dems register as Republican in order to vote in both.

wendersfan 05-18-07 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
In Utah, anybody can vote in the Democratic presidential primary, but you have to be a registered Republican to vote in their primary. So a lot of independents and dems register as Republican in order to vote in both.

Growing up in Kentucky there was no point in being anything but a Democrat, since the Democratic primaries were where all the action was. Things have changed considerably since then.

CRM114 05-18-07 10:07 AM

That I was a Democrat and now I'm a Republican, or that I broke Vin's heart?

That you were a GOP'er.

wendersfan 05-18-07 10:13 AM

That you were a GOP'er.

I voted for Jim Petro (or more accurately, against Ken Blackwell) for governor in the primary last year. In 2000 my wife voted for McCain (against Bush) so she was a Republican until 2004, when she voted for John Edwards. I think it was Edwards. Like I said, it's meaningless. My wife is to the left of anyone who regularly posts here.

ETA: other than Paul there's not a single candidate from either party I could see myself supporting. I actually like one thing or other from nearly every candidate in both races, but I disagree with most of them on almost everything.

CRM114 05-18-07 10:24 AM

I voted for Jim Petro (or more accurately, against Ken Blackwell) for governor in the primary last year. In 2000 my wife voted for McCain (against Bush) so she was a Republican until 2004, when she voted for John Edwards. I think it was Edwards. Like I said, it's meaningless. My wife is to the left of anyone who regularly posts here.

ETA: other than Paul there's not a single candidate from either party I could see myself supporting. I actually like one thing or other from nearly every candidate in both races, but I disagree with most of them on almost everything.

Seems like a lot of paperwork to vote for people you have no interest in winning.

wendersfan 05-18-07 10:26 AM

Seems like a lot of paperwork to vote for people you have no interest in winning.

There's no paperwork involved. You go the the polling site, sign your name, and tell them in which primary you want to vote. The Midwest is a weird place in some aspects. Many states have more than one party. :lol: