Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

First we had the hamster dance...

Old 04-27-07, 02:08 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,527
First we had the hamster dance...

And now...the Bush dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaORVHigg4o

And why shouldn't he have a good time? He's been working so hard to support the troops because America didn't vote for failure! This is a man who clearly cares.

It would be funnier if he hadn't spent hundreds of billions of dollars on Iraq with nothing to show for it.
hahn is offline  
Old 04-27-07, 02:17 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Nazgul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Jayhawk Central, Kansas
Posts: 7,125
I think that as the Leader of the Free World, one should be a fairly good dancer. He should be setting an example for kids across the US.
Nazgul is offline  
Old 04-27-07, 02:46 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Originally Posted by hahn
And now...the Bush dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaORVHigg4o

And why shouldn't he have a good time? He's been working so hard to support the troops because America didn't vote for failure! This is a man who clearly cares.

It would be funnier if he hadn't spent hundreds of billions of dollars on Iraq with nothing to show for it.
Can you think of anything Bush could do that you wouldn't bitch about?
CaptainMarvel is offline  
Old 04-27-07, 02:47 PM
  #4  
X
Administrator
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1987
Location: AA-
Posts: 10,738
Die?

Oh wait, there's Cheney.
X is offline  
Old 04-27-07, 02:54 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mordred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,214
This is not news until Washington is burning.

Plus the guy was dancing for Malaria day, isn't Malaria day a good thing? Would you have even known about Malaria day if you hadn't seen his horrible dancing?
Mordred is offline  
Old 04-27-07, 03:04 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Ruler
 
General Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 21,422
I'm with Hahn. Bush should always walk around crying and looking sad because what is going on in Iraq.

In fact there is always something bad going on somewhere that the president could be working on.. so I hereby demand all presidents from now on always look upset at all times. It's only fair.
General Zod is offline  
Old 04-27-07, 03:41 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,370
Originally Posted by General Zod
I'm with Hahn. Bush should always walk around crying and looking sad because what is going on in Iraq.

In fact there is always something bad going on somewhere that the president could be working on.. so I hereby demand all presidents from now on always look upset at all times. It's only fair.
There's a difference between random things going wrong in the world and being responsible for something going incredibly wrong resulting in thousands of deaths and the waste of hundreds of billions of dollars.

But then, who ever heard of accountability?
cungar is online now  
Old 04-28-07, 10:42 AM
  #8  
Admin-Thanos
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 31,584
Originally Posted by hahn
And now...the Bush dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaORVHigg4o

And why shouldn't he have a good time? He's been working so hard to support the troops because America didn't vote for failure! This is a man who clearly cares.

It would be funnier if he hadn't spent hundreds of billions of dollars on Iraq with nothing to show for it.
It's a bit of a stretch to use a Youtube Bushy dance video as evidence to support your displeasure with Bush.

I can't stand his policies, but this video just made me
VinVega is online now  
Old 04-28-07, 10:58 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: the 870
Posts: 21,174
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
Can you think of anything Bush could do that you wouldn't bitch about?
resign
Bacon is offline  
Old 04-28-07, 01:30 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
resign
I'm pretty sure if he resigned, we'd have plenty of people on this board complaining that Cheney was president and it was Bush's fault
Venusian is offline  
Old 04-28-07, 05:44 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Lower Gum Curve
Posts: 19,044
Pickles said no one suffers worse than her. Now we see why.

I wonder how drunk he was? These are not the actions of a sober man.
Jason is offline  
Old 04-28-07, 08:05 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,527
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
Can you think of anything Bush could do that you wouldn't bitch about?
*shrug* Would you change your mind about the Iraq invasion if anyone but Bush was against it?
hahn is offline  
Old 04-28-07, 08:07 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,527
Originally Posted by VinVega
It's a bit of a stretch to use a Youtube Bushy dance video as evidence to support your displeasure with Bush.

I can't stand his policies, but this video just made me
Wasn't meant to be serious, and video certainly wasn't evidence of anything. It just makes me mad that all of this just rolls off his shoulders. Have you actually ever seen him be stressed about the situation he's put the country in? I don't see as a sign of being cool under pressure. I see it as a man who's just plain apathetic.
hahn is offline  
Old 04-28-07, 08:15 PM
  #14  
bhk
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Right of Atilla The Hun
Posts: 19,749
This thread is a classic illustration of Bush Derangement Syndrome.
Next I suppose we'll have a thread critiquing how he eats.
bhk is offline  
Old 04-28-07, 08:17 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Ruler
 
General Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 21,422
Originally Posted by bhk
This thread is a classic illustration of Bush Derangement Syndrome.
Next I suppose we'll have a thread critiquing how he eats.
I bet he eats decent food while the soldiers are eating grubs and MREs in the foxholes. Bastard.
General Zod is offline  
Old 04-28-07, 11:02 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Lower Gum Curve
Posts: 19,044
I hate to see people make deranged comments about politicians. Next we'll hear rude comments about bush's hair.
Jason is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 06:23 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 14,204
You know, sometimes we all need to just take a step back and laugh. You know? The Bush Dance was funny... heck, it just was. Even if you approve of his politics, you have to concede that George W. Bush is one big goofy guy.

Let's turn this into the "Wow, George Bush Is One Big Goofy Guy" thread, and leave our political rancor out of it. No matter what your political persuasion, no matter how bad things are in this country and abroad, we can all find something to laugh about, can't we?

Here's an example. When you say the Pledge of Allegiance... where do you put your hand? You know the answer, don't you?

Spoiler:




NCMojo is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 10:23 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,621
BREAKING NEWS!!!

George Bush smiled yesterday because the Texas Rangers won in extra innings game, and laughed at a Seinfeld rerun later than evening.

Moveon.org and DVD Talk poster Hahn immediately demand articles of impeachment be drawn up.

More at 11.
IMRICKJAMES is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 10:29 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 39,519
Originally Posted by bhk
This thread is a classic illustration of Bush Derangement Syndrome.
Next I suppose we'll have a thread critiquing how he eats.
That son of a bitch used his salad fork to eat the main course. I say we impeach him!
JasonF is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.