Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Escape from Iran!

Old 04-24-07, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Escape from Iran!

In my journies across the internet, I came across the following article. It's pretty cool -- it tells the story of how a small group of Americans who were working inside the U.S. embassy on November 4, 1979 (the day the Iranian students seized it, begining the 444-day hostage crisis) managed to escape from Iran. It involves Canada, the CIA, an Oscar-winning make-up artist, and comic-book legend Jack Kirby.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.05/feat_cia.html
Old 04-24-07, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah - I've seen reports on this story before (particularly on how those in the press who had figured out that the numbers didn't add up sat on the story), albeit not in this detail. Very cool. I look forward to reading this through.

Last edited by Red Dog; 04-24-07 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-24-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, that was frickin cool. Now I need to read the book about Ross Perot hiring Executive Outcomes to free his guys.
Old 04-25-07, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, thanks for posting, that was a very cool story. It would make a great movie itself.