Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

2008 political derby power rankings ptII

Old 04-06-07, 12:34 PM
Admin-MemeCat

2008 political derby power rankings ptII

Continued from original thread

From skeet's site:

http://politicalderby.com/powerrankings

Carry on chaps.
Old 04-06-07, 10:06 PM
Admin-MemeCat

From the power rankings website:
Clearly Biden is still recovering from his “articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy” brain malfunction. The Tip Sheet hears his stump speech is very impressive, but almost no one is listening. He’s reportedly drawing very meager crowds. Is that because he unintentionally offended some African Americans, or just because he’s Joe Biden?
That's my man Joe.
Old 04-06-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I read this about Dennis Kucinich:
He can’t win, but that shouldn’t keep America from dreaming of a First Lady Elizabeth Kucinich. Vavavoom!
So I thought.... hmm... what could they mean?

EDIT TO ADD: Here's the story. She's not only a redhead... she's English.

Last edited by NCMojo; 04-06-07 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-06-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Even NCMojo has me on ignore.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=711
Old 04-07-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Damn.
Old 04-09-07, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Did anybody see John McCain on 60 Minutes?

I actually felt sorry for him. You saw a sick, old, tired man.
Old 04-09-07, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk God

To find a hippy chick that cleans up nice and loves you for your misguided ramblings. Only in America.
Old 04-09-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NCMojo

WINNER, WINNER... CHICKEN DINNER.... Gets My vote, the shrimp.

Old 04-11-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Fred Thompson has announced that he has lymphoma.
Old 04-11-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by classicman2
Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. He says it's in remission, and if it reactivates, it's treatable and shouldn't affect his life expectancy. Which jibes with what I've been taught.

Big difference between this and Eliz. Edwards' cancer.
Old 04-11-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the AP wants us to know McCain's campaign is struggling. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070411/D8OEDR7G0.html

LEXINGTON, Va. (AP) - Republican presidential contender John McCain said Wednesday the four-year war in Iraq is "necessary and just" and accused anti-war Democrats of being reckless.

McCain, struggling to reinvigorate his troubled presidential campaign, also criticized President Bush for initially going to war without a plan to succeed. But the decorated war hero staunchly backed the commander in chief's recent troop increase and said Bush is right to veto legislation that places conditions on the war

"In Iraq, only our enemies were cheering" when House Democrats enthusiastically passed legislation setting a timetable for a troop withdrawal, the Arizona Republican said in prepared remarks of a speech meant to reinvigorate his troubled presidential campaign.

"A defeat for the United States is a cause for mourning, not celebrating," he added.

Staking his struggling candidacy on the war's outcome, McCain planted himself firmly on the side of the president he hopes to succeed, as well as the three out of every four Republicans who view the war as a worthy cause.
Old 04-11-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wmansir
I think the AP wants us to know McCain's campaign is struggling. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070411/D8OEDR7G0.html
If you'll read a bit more closely, you'll see it's just as "troubled" as it is "struggling".

Sheesh, do I have to do everything around here?
Old 04-11-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"What's that, Edwards? Your wife has inoperable breast cancer? Well, uh... I have lymphoma. That's right. Lymphoma. I could keel over and die at any moment. How do you like dem apples???"
Old 04-11-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NCMojo

WOW!!!!!!
Old 04-11-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This thread is kinda slow - not many posts. I think we could get more action if the title were changed to "Hot picture of candidate's wife inside."
Old 04-11-07, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Remember a Democratic candidate, not that long ago, who had a cancer that was in remission?
Old 04-11-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Remember a Democratic candidate, not that long ago, who had a cancer that was in remission?
Paul Tsongas? What does he have to do with anything?
Old 04-11-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Perhaps you're too young to remember Tsongas' attempts to assure the public that his cancer was in remission.

To demonstrate that - he would swim daily to 'assure' the media and the country that he was in good health.

You don't believe Thompson could be doing the same thing?
Old 04-11-07, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Perhaps you're too young to remember Tsongas' attempts to assure the public that his cancer was in remission.

To demonstrate that - he would swim daily to 'assure' the media and the country that he was in good health.

As far as I know, Tsongas's cancer was in remission. But sometimes, cancer that is in remission reoccurs. Sometimes it doesn't.

Tsongas had a completely different kind of cancer than Thompson has. And even if it were the same kind of cancer, cancer could progress completely differently in one person than another.

Meanwhile, Rudy Giuliani or Hillary Clinton or any of the other candidates could drop dead from an aneurysm tomorrow.

Doesn't the Bible say that it is not given to man to be able to count the days he has remaining on Earth?
Old 04-11-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think Tsongas also had cancer in his lymph nodes. He was diagnosed in 1984, did chemo and got the cancer into remission. He died in 1997 of liver failure and pneumonia which may or may not be related to the cancer. People that have cancer do died of other things too. Anyway, I think Thompson announcing this is a step in him announcing for President since this gets the issue out of the way early and he wouldn't have to qualify his fitness if he wasn't planning on running.

edit: Rudy has had prostate cancer and McCain has had skin cancer. Any of those could also return as well.
Old 04-11-07, 02:43 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

McCain's is more likely to return than Guiliani's.
Old 04-11-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk God

The rumors are that McCain's cancer has returned.
Old 04-11-07, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk God

I still believe the Republican core electorate is looking for someone other than what the media calls the top 3 - Giuliani, McCain, & Romney.

If I bet on political outcomes (I only bet on horses ), I would bet that the eventual nominee is not one of those three.
Old 04-11-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tsongas had a history of reoccurring lymph node cancer and he wasn't completely up front about it. He was first diagnosed in '84 and underwent an experimental bone marrow transplant from his twin sister in '86. When he entered the race he claimed that it had cured him and he had been cancer free since. Shortly after he dropped out of the race it was reveled his cancer had returned in '87 and was treated with chemo. Tsongas claimed he was unaware his arm pit lymph node was found to be cancerous and that he undertook the treatment as a preventative measure, just in case it was.

After the election his treating hospital reviewed the process and found many mistakes were made, including failure to disclose the '87 relapse, understating it's significance and overstating his health prospects. It was also found that his doctors had drafted a health history for Tsongas which mentioned the relapse but the campaign had refused to release it. New rules were established so that if a public figure waives confidentiality independent doctors will review the case history and the patient cannot be involved in writing or editing the report.

In November of '92 they found a new type of lymphoma in his abdomen.
Old 04-11-07, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I still believe the Republican core electorate is looking for someone other than what the media calls the top 3 - Giuliani, McCain, & Romney.

If I bet on political outcomes (I only bet on horses ), I would bet that the eventual nominee is not one of those three.

bloomberg

he will wait until everyone on both sides bloodies themselves with skeletons from the closet and then he will spend $1 billion of his money to win

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.