DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   If we attack Iran, Iran will attack Israel (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/464056-if-we-attack-iran-iran-will-attack-israel.html)

kvrdave 05-02-06 10:05 AM

If we attack Iran, Iran will attack Israel

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran will target Israel first if the United States does anything "evil", a senior commander in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards said on Tuesday.

The United States says it wants Iran's nuclear standoff with the West solved diplomatically but has refused to rule out military action.

"We have announced that wherever America does something evil, the first place that we target will be Israel," Revolutionary Guards Rear Admiral Mohammad-Ebrahim Dehqani was quoted as saying by Iran's student news agency ISNA.

The Islamic Republic has never recognized Israel and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for the Jewish state to be "wiped off the map."

Dehqani said naval wargames held in the Gulf last month "carried the warning to those countries that threaten Iran, including America and the Zionist regime".

Experts said the wargames, in which Iran said it had tested new missiles and torpedoes, were a thinly veiled threat that it could disrupt vital Gulf oil shipping lanes if it was attacked.
http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...AEL.xml&rpc=22

Good plan on their part. If any terrorist attacks us, we should attack Iran. I wonder if Hamas is now hoping we do attack Iran.

But...in a real war, if they attack Israel, I think you would see Israel knock them back to the 12th century. That's nearly last week for some of them.

classicman2 05-02-06 10:08 AM

an idle threat

Th0r S1mpson 05-02-06 10:24 AM

Oh yeah? Well if Iran attacks us, we'll attack Turkmenistan! Check.

VinVega 05-02-06 10:28 AM

Yet more bluster from the talking heads in Iran. I'm impressed.

classicman2 05-02-06 10:30 AM

Our president has engaged in saber rattling too much, IMO, as far as Iran is concerned

Nazgul 05-02-06 10:30 AM

I think this says all that needs to be said about Iran and it's intentions.

classicman2 05-02-06 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nazgul
I think this says all that needs to be said about Iran and it's intentions.

This is talk. It's not to be confused with action.

Th0r S1mpson 05-02-06 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by classicman2

Far be it from politicians to be concerned with action when they can talk.

Nazgul 05-02-06 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by classicman2

People thought Hitler was all talk. I'm not saying Iran will do anything, but to dismiss these type of statements out-of-hand would seem unwise.

Th0r S1mpson 05-02-06 10:52 AM

Talk alone or talk with action, it's telling either way. Iran is scared.

Venusian 05-02-06 11:14 AM

and look at it from iran's side...we're threatening to use nukes to stop them from getting nukes

Ranger 05-02-06 11:17 AM

Nothing has happened so let's not have anything happen. Attacking Iran only ensures that something will happen.

Rumsfeld/ And we know of the known unknowns as you know.

Nazgul 05-02-06 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Venusian
and look at it from iran's side...we're threatening to use nukes to stop them from getting nukes

:)

What do you think Iran's intentions are with their nuclear program?

AFAIK, the US has not threatened Iran with Nuclear War, just that 'all' options are on the table. Yet, we've made it abundantly clear that we want to persue a diplomatic solution.

When I see a head of state making remarks about how Israel should be 'wiped off the map' and how the holocaust was exaggerated by the west. What should I think?

Geofferson 05-02-06 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Nazgul
:)

What do you think Iran's intentions are with their nuclear program?

AFAIK, the US has not threatened Iran with Nuclear War, just that 'all' options are on the table. Yet, we've made it abundantly clear that we want to persue a diplomatic solution.

When I see a head of state making remarks about how Israel should be 'wiped off the map' and how the holocaust was exaggerated by the west. What should I think?

Well said. :up:

VinVega 05-02-06 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
Talk alone or talk with action, it's telling either way. Iran is scared.

Notice how they didn't say they'd blow the US off the map. Their words are carefully chosen to enflame passions on the Arab/Persian street. They're not as scared as you might think. Not of the US anyway. All the cards are in Iran's favor diplomatically right now. It's their bomb to build or not to build from what I can see.

Nazgul 05-02-06 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by VinVega
Notice how they didn't say they'd blow the US off the map. Their words are carefully chosen to enflame passions on the Arab/Persian street. They're not as scared as you might think. Not of the US anyway. All the cards are in Iran's favor diplomatically right now. It's their bomb to build or not to build from what I can see.

That's more of a limitation of their delivery systems. I don't think they'd give multiple bombs to Hizbollah to be smuggled into the US. Once they acquire ICBM technology, from Russia or China, then they can directly threaten the US.

The diplomatic cards are in their favor, because the UN can't decide what to do. We have Russia and China opposing any action with Iran and the rest of the world, while concerned, is allowing Iran to dictate the terms and buy time so that whenever a decision is made, they already have a bomb.

Venusian 05-02-06 11:54 AM

they are saber rattling.

raven56706 05-02-06 12:06 PM

If Iran attacks anything,

then we have no choice but to unleash the full power of:

http://www.roadsquadron.com/Referenc...raanDS1_02.jpg
http://www.roadsquadron.com/Referenc...Laser_01DS.jpg

General Zod 05-02-06 12:21 PM

Didn't Saddam threaten to do the same thing? (not blow up the Eath.. I'm talking about attack Israel if he was attacked)

Raven - I like that laser coming out of that small moon..

Myster X 05-02-06 12:29 PM

One Israeli elite squadron can take out several Iranian brigades. Bring it on.

VinVega 05-02-06 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Myster X
One Israeli elite squadron can take out several Iranian brigades. Bring it on.

Yes, but can they get the nukes hidden under mountains?

If this nuclear proliferation continues to get out of hand, I will fully support nuclear tipped bunker busting bombs. Everyone's going to have nukes anyway, what's the point? I hear Brazil is talking about starting up a nuke program now.

ukywyldcat 05-02-06 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by raven56706
If Iran attacks anything,

then we have no choice but to unleash the full power of:

http://www.roadsquadron.com/Referenc...raanDS1_02.jpg
http://www.roadsquadron.com/Referenc...Laser_01DS.jpg

A most excellent way of describing what should be done with Iran. I'm ready for this to happen today.

wendersfan 05-02-06 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by ukywyldcat
A most excellent way of describing what should be done with Iran. I'm ready for this to happen today.

Yes, because we can all agree that Darth Vader set an excellent example of an intelligent foreign policy. :rolleyes:

Groucho 05-02-06 12:38 PM

Before blasting Iran with the the Death Star we should probably bring Isreal inside to safety using the tractor beam, no?

raven56706 05-02-06 12:39 PM

if iran attacks anything, i say we bomb chavez in venez.

ukywyldcat 05-02-06 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Before blasting Iran with the the Death Star we should probably bring Isreal inside to safety using the tractor beam, no?

Didn't Hoth have some sort of shield? Lets erect one of those.

ukywyldcat 05-02-06 12:40 PM

if iran attacks anything, i say we bomb chavez in venez.

He ought to be taken out anyway. I'm for that too. Oh, and while some guys are down there, they ought to pop over to Bolivia too and take care of that other asshole.

raven56706 05-02-06 12:49 PM

true dat....

dave-o 05-02-06 01:05 PM

true dat....

No, DOUBLE TRUE!

eXcentris 05-02-06 01:13 PM

Boy you guys should apply for positions in the Iranian government, seems that you've got what it takes. :lol:

nodeerforamonth 05-02-06 02:05 PM

Iran is just looking for an excuse to take out Israel.

bhk 05-02-06 02:06 PM

Bush has only said all options are on the table. Just 2 days ago, he said we are only at the beginning of diplomacy. How is that "too much sabre rattleing"?

Myster X 05-02-06 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by bhk
Bush has only said all options are on the table. Just 2 days ago, he said we are only at the beginning of diplomacy. How is that "too much sabre rattleing"?

Because GOP presidents are warlike no matter how you look at it.
Democrat presidents are peaceniks.
According to some, Bush is also waving his light saber at N. Korea too.

Venusian 05-02-06 02:16 PM

i was saying Iran is just sabre rattling

VinVega 05-02-06 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Myster X
Because GOP presidents are warlike no matter how you look at it.
Democrat presidents are peaceniks.
According to some, Bush is also waving his light saber at N. Korea too.

I thought Bush was ignoring NK all together (and rightly so).

bhk 05-02-06 02:22 PM

i was saying Iran is just sabre rattling
c-man was the one who said Bush was sabre rattling too much.

Red Dog 05-02-06 02:43 PM

I will use this opportunity to go on record about what US policy should be toward Iran from here on out.

I support whatever the majority thinks and whoever is in power at the time decide.

Why do I do this? Because I know what's good for me.

That is all that I will ever say again on the subject of future US/Iran relations in a public forum. I am absolutely serious.

Thank you.

mseang 05-02-06 02:43 PM

First, dismiss everything you hear from the media as hogwash. No one has any real intention of wiping Isreal off the map.

Imagine for a moment that Mr. Bush decides to launch a strategic attack against Iran. Once this happens, Iran becomes the victim. As a victim, does Iran reach out and destroy Isreal? I think not.

What do they do? They put into action an attack within Iraq, much closer and easier than Isreal, that wipes out the Green Zone and a majority of the American forces stationed there. It may be a small nuclear attack or completely conventional. Every soldier stationed in Iraq is extremely exposed to this kind of scenario. The US is extremely exposed in Iraq.

American societry is not weak, they are just tired. Tired of the lies, tired of the inaction, tired of watching their leader kiss up to big business and Saudi oil, and tired of being the laughing stock of the world.

So, continue with your attack all enemies scenarios, but remember that are soldiers in Iraq, a large portion of our total forces, are exposed and unless you want to see horrific losses and carnage, I would reconsider supporting any unprovoked attack on Irag or anyone else. We received a pass on Iraq, but the World will not be so forgiving next time.

In lieu of attacking Iran or Venezuela, you may now attack me... :)