Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Filmstrip International Presents: The Bush Aministration Is Evil, Because....

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Filmstrip International Presents: The Bush Aministration Is Evil, Because....

Old 04-10-06, 10:47 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,032
Filmstrip International Presents: The Bush Aministration Is Evil, Because....

...BECAUSE!!! It worked in the 3rd grade, right?


http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004945.htm
UNHINGED TEACHER OF THE WEEK
By Michelle Malkin · April 08, 2006 09:40 AM
The latest government education outrage from Alabama:

Christy Jackson does not want a teacher showing her 13-year-old son a video calling the president of the United States an a—hole during class. Nor does she believe her son should be shown Internet videos — which are barred to students by school system controls —that use obscenities.
But that is what West Limestone High School eighth grade science teacher Steve White, a Democratic candidate for the District 4 seat on the House of Representatives, is accused of doing.

“My son and a group of his friends were talking about this video they had seen in school,” Jackson said. “One of the other student’s mother saw the video and she forwarded it to me. I saw it and I became livid.”

The Athens, Ala. Courier News further reports:

Jackson said she contacted West Limestone Principal Stan Davis, who told her White had been reprimanded.
School board member Darin Russell, whose district the school is in, said board members were made aware of the situation about a month ago.

The matter did not come before board members for discussion or a vote, but was handled by the central office by Superintendent Dr. Barry Carroll as a “personnel matter.”

Carroll, who is out of town, did not respond to a call to his cellular phone. A message was left at the central office for Assistant Superintendent Richard Leath, but an assistant said only Carroll could comment on the matter.

Two calls to Davis were not returned. A message left on White’s machine also received no response.
view filmstrip here: http://filmstripinternational.com/




I've actually made the mistake of carrying on "real" political discussions with people, and that's about all I get:

Me: You don't like George Bush
Him: No
Me: Why not?
Him: Cuz he sucks!
Me: Why does he suck?
Him: Because I hate him!
Me: Um...ok. Why do you hate him?
Him: Cuz he sucks!!
Me: ...........?
Him: Yeah, if I could, I'd bunch him in the face!!
Me: Why?
Him: Cuz he's a richie and he's smug and he's dumb!!! All he cares about is oil and money!!!!
Me: Um, you're a small business owner and drive a 3/4 Ton Dodge?
Him: Yeah....AND, what's your point?
Me: ...........nevermind?

MartinBlank is offline  
Old 04-10-06, 11:13 PM
  #2  
Retired
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 27,449
And this warrants its own thread because?
Josh H is offline  
Old 04-10-06, 11:17 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
GreenMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,281
Originally Posted by MartinBlank
I've actually made the mistake of carrying on "real" political discussions with people, and that's about all I get:

Me: You don't like George Bush
Him: No
Me: Why not?
Him: Cuz he sucks!
Me: Why does he suck?
Him: Because I hate him!
Me: Um...ok. Why do you hate him?
Him: Cuz he sucks!!
Me: ...........?
Him: Yeah, if I could, I'd bunch him in the face!!
Me: Why?
Him: Cuz he's a richie and he's smug and he's dumb!!! All he cares about is oil and money!!!!
Me: Um, you're a small business owner and drive a 3/4 Ton Dodge?
Him: Yeah....AND, what's your point?
Me: ...........nevermind?

And this had what to do with the above article?
GreenMonkey is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 07:48 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hero
 
CRM114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 42,726
Originally Posted by MartinBlank
I've actually made the mistake of carrying on "real" political discussions with people, and that's about all I get:
And we don't get the same ignorant type of people defending Bush? Uh...OK.
CRM114 is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 10:02 AM
  #5  
bhk
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Right of Atilla The Hun
Posts: 19,749
And we don't get the same ignorant type of people defending Bush? Uh...OK.
Uh, no.
The people defending Bush don't tell people that XPerson, Leader, etc. = Hitler.
bhk is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 10:16 AM
  #6  
bhk
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Right of Atilla The Hun
Posts: 19,749
The same guy has gotten complaints for showing a indecent animation of Clinton.
bhk is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 10:24 AM
  #7  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 17
I hate reading about him, it is bad enough when bombars th television screens.
lateforwork is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 10:28 AM
  #8  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,538
Originally Posted by lateforwork
I hate reading about him, it is bad enough when bombars th television screens.
Well said.
Groucho is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 10:43 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bronkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AnaheimLand, SoCal
Posts: 14,633
Originally Posted by bhk
The same guy has gotten complaints for showing a indecent animation of Clinton.
In that case, he should be fired!!
Bronkster is online now  
Old 04-11-06, 10:44 AM
  #10  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 32,748
Originally Posted by Groucho
Well said.
I just spit coke on my keyboard, you bastard!
Bandoman is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 11:33 AM
  #11  
Admin-Thanos
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 31,015
By current rules, Groucho should be exiled.
VinVega is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 12:44 PM
  #12  
bhk
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Right of Atilla The Hun
Posts: 19,749
By current rules, Groucho should be exiled.
A lib like him having to live in Utah is* political exile.


* Depending of course on the meaning of is
bhk is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 12:56 PM
  #13  
Moderator
 
wendersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Nuova Repubblica di Salò
Posts: 32,279
I've seen people compare Bush to Hitler, but never to Idi Amin Dada, until now.
wendersfan is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 09:12 PM
  #14  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: puckland
Posts: 745
Originally Posted by bhk
Uh, no.
The people defending Bush don't tell people that XPerson, Leader, etc. = Hitler.
Yes they do. e.g. "Leader X of EVIL country Y was the next Hitler, so Bush was right to invade, etc. "
Nutter is offline  
Old 04-11-06, 10:36 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,032
Originally Posted by Nutter
Yes they do. e.g. "Leader X of EVIL country Y was the next Hitler, so Bush was right to invade, etc. "
My "definition" Hitler may be wrong, but if you gas your own people, I'm gonna go out on a limb and equate you to the short Nazi.

I'm pretty sure all the hatred toward Bush and calling him Hitler stems from that fact that some perceive him to be a facist, correct? And not to sound like too much of a gun-nut or anything, but if he really were a big bad dictator/facist ruler the first thing he'd do would be to disarm the citizenry.

I guess that's the one thing I can't seem to wrap my head around...why all the hatred for the guy? So you don't like him? He sure as hell ain't Hitler....P-resident? If anything, he deserves respect for holding the position that he does.
MartinBlank is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.