Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film
View Poll Results: Your Reaction:
He's onto something there.
0%
Hmm...
3.57%
No, he's definately smoking something.
28.57%
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
35.71%
Too lazy to click the link.
32.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Geocentricism

Old 03-14-06, 01:16 AM
Banned

Geocentricism

The Earth is not Moving

by Marshall Hall

Last edited by Nutter; 03-14-06 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-14-06, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thank goodness we have the internet so these ideas aren't kept hidden away!
Old 03-14-06, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Since the universe is infinite with no center, relatively wouldnt the earth be both moving, yet motionless with everything else moving at the same time?
Old 03-14-06, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Physics 101 movement is all a matter of perception.
Old 03-14-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk God

A little more crazy that the people at my church. That is saying something. It is not saying something good.
Old 03-14-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

pffft, Geocentrism. Everyone should believe in crazyronincentrism, because the entire universe revolves around me.
Old 03-14-06, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, this is the kind of bullshit you get when you start down the "intelligent design" path. I wonder if the Chinese will be able to see us building our tower to heaven when they get to the moon?
Old 03-14-06, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jason
Well, this is the kind of bullshit you get when you start down the "intelligent design" path. I wonder if the Chinese will be able to see us building our tower to heaven when they get to the moon?
Slippery slope much?
Old 03-14-06, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's a spoof site, right?
Old 03-15-06, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Well since his theory (as much as I can gather from the website) is technically correct, why am I the only one who voted in the positive?
Old 03-15-06, 02:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CRM114
That's a spoof site, right?
I'm not quite sure... The author and this book are listed on amazon, but this particular title is not for sale there. Other books by this author are though, and he is, apparently, an actual geocentrist. I posted it because it's the most amazing display of illogic I've ever seen. He doesn't just get some things wrong. He gets *everything* wrong. He obviously does a lot of research, but completely fails to understand everything he reads. Not just *most*, but *everything*. Such a feat is almost beyond comprehension, so I actually tend to think this site is a hoax in some way... The fact that the fellow gets *nothing* right, displays extreme religious prejudice against anything non-christian, believes in witches, strongly suggests that this site was deliberately designed to outrage. Perhaps the site attributes a fictional title to a real author and Amazon just picked it up, for whatever reason, or maybe the hoaxer chose an obscure, out of print title with no online information deliberately for his hoax. Then again, other people have claimed to review the book. Are they in on the hoax too? Then again, this is all just strange enough to actually be true.

Regardless, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. :P
Old 03-15-06, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jason
going to the moon using the technology of a nation that did it 50 years prior isn't that big a deal