Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Christians Persecuted in Pakistan

Old 11-24-05, 03:15 AM
Banned

Christians Persecuted in Pakistan

I saw a news story a few days ago about how Muslim Persecution of Christians in Pakistan has increased, with a story last week of a Christian Man being accused (falsely) with the countrys Blasphemy law. Apparently he is being accused of descrating a Quran, although the people accusing him have no proof.

Now I have a Pakistani Christian friend who says this has been happening for a long time in Pakistan, and Christians in Pakistan are continually abused, Churches are burnt, women are raped etc. Which is why his family left the country, because Christians are continually mistreated there.

This is why I have no sympathy for the little Islamic women and children they keep showing on our television screens saying the "Big Bad USA" continues to kill innocent Muslims. GOOD! Muslims are getting what they deserve, because they continue to Kill Jewish and Christian women and children. Islam is the scourge of the Earth, and it is about time something is done about it!
Old 11-24-05, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

...Oh boy.
Old 11-24-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Riiight, it's OK to kill Muslims because (different) Muslims are killing Christians and Jews.

Originally Posted by Bellum
This is why I have no sympathy for the little Islamic women and children they keep showing on our television screens saying the "Big Bad USA" continues to kill innocent Muslims. GOOD! Muslims are getting what they deserve, because they continue to Kill Jewish and Christian women and children. Islam is the scourge of the Earth, and it is about time something is done about it!
Yes, the world needs more genocide!

I hope you enjoy your short stay on our forum.
Old 11-24-05, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by movielib

Yes, the world needs more genocide!

I hope you enjoy your short stay on our forum.
Of course the world doesnt need more genocide. It goes without saying we all want to live in a world of peace. But, as long as there are terrorists all over the world (99% of them Muslim) then genocide will continue to be a natural consequence of that. Besides wars and death and genocide will always occur, so you need to accept that. The Lord himself said that "There will be wars and rumors of wars, and mass death........" and that there will be no peace till the Lord returns!

As far as having a short stay on this forum, then so be it, because this will be the tone of most of my posting on here!!!
Old 11-24-05, 09:21 AM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Nothing new. Even the Moslem refugees that came from India in 1947 due to Partition are still discriminated against and regarded as second-class citizens. If they treat people of the same religion that way, how are they going to treat people of different religions?
Old 11-24-05, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

bhk! You have a new friend!
Old 11-24-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Them Muslims just need more of the Christmas Spirit.
Old 11-24-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Christians can't be persecuted. Move along, nothing to see here.
Old 11-24-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

A lot of Muslims live near me (and probably near you as well) and no Christians in my neighborhood have been killed because of it. Be careful in making such gross generalizations. I understand your frustration, and seeing Christians persecuted in other countries is horrible to see, but killing all Muslims is not the answer by any means. Far, far from it. That's the attitude of many in the Middle East that has the world in this perpetual killing cycle to begin with.

That's also not the reason we (the US) are fighting in the Middle East to begin with.

I don't know if you are a Christian or not, but if you are, please temper yourself a little and reconsider what you've said. It seems more like a kneejerk reaction than a well though response to a much more complicated situation. Christians have been persecuted since Christianity began, and will continue to be. But killing our human enemies was never the focus of Christ's teachings, nor was celebrating the death of an unbeliever. And I will be carefeul here to add that followers of Islam are not the enemy.

Rather than accepting a death and saying "GOOD! Muslims are getting what they deserve," if you are a Christian my hope would be that you would pray for them and pray for the nations that hearts would be turned. The power of persecution isn't found in weaponry. God didn't ask us to suffer so we could watch our opressors be killed.

I know it's hard to see people complaining and accusing the US of being an evil nation, when we have a structure set up to accept all religions and beliefs. But they view us largely as a Christian nation, and have every reason to misunderstand our intentions. That's why a crusade will never work, and why our nation's goals over there must be towards stability and freedom, as they are now.

That doesn't make it easier to deal with people blasting Christianity or the West over this, but so what... what good is easy? If you are a Christian, take some time to think about this and try not to respond out of anger. A little pity is called for in these circumstances, and I'm not talking about pity for people who are persecuted.
As far as having a short stay on this forum, then so be it, because this will be the tone of most of my posting on here!!!
Well, that's a shame, because DVDTalk has a lot more than this to offer. What brought you here any way?
Old 11-24-05, 10:40 AM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

bhk! You have a new friend!
C'mon, that was uncalled for.
Old 11-24-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Then you won't be doing much posting.
Old 11-24-05, 10:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bhk
Nothing new. Even the Moslem refugees that came from India in 1947 due to Partition are still discriminated against and regarded as second-class citizens. If they treat people of the same religion that way, how are they going to treat people of different religions?
This is it! Muslims have killed more muslims since the Iraq war began, yet they say it is the fault of the Western Soldiers, that so many muslims are dying.

Muslims arent interested in peace with other religions, they have killed even more people of different faiths then Christians have. Ask the Sikh people in India who they hate more colonial (Christian) Britain or Islamic Moguls, and youll see the effect of Islam around the world.

As far as Muslims and Christmas go, they wouldnt know how to celebrate Christmas. Their more interested in telling us who Jesus really was and how we have twisted the words in the Bible, blah blah blah, the regular Islamic rubbish!
Old 11-24-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Bellum, I have to ask, since you joined the forum with this thread...

What are your intentions?
Old 11-24-05, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
Bellum, I have to ask, since you joined the forum with this thread...

What are your intentions?
To show some people who may be ignorant, what Muslims are doing to people of other faiths, and that our western soldiers are not the enemies, but are their to help them. And it angers me that Muslims continue to insult our soldiers, without realizing what they are trying to do for them!
Old 11-24-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

To show some people who may be ignorant, what Muslims are doing to people of other faiths, and that our western soldiers are not the enemies, but are their to help them. And it angers me that Muslims continue to insult our soldiers, without realizing what they are trying to do for them!
That's fine, but please also realize:

1) We have Muslims fighting with our soldiers over there as well.
2) We don't have any members in Pakistan, so be aware of your target audience. Most of the people who visit this forum already know what you stated above. If you just need to vent, that's fine, but hopefully there are opportunities for open discussions and not just blogging.

Do you mind if I ask if you are a Christian yourself? Just so I know how to respond if you plan on being here a long time and this is a topic you are passionate about. I don't mind taking it off-forum either, and you are welcome to email me your response.
Old 11-24-05, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do you have a DVD player?
Old 11-24-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jason
Old 11-24-05, 11:38 AM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jason

Bellum, you need to tone it down. Just some friendly advice.
Old 11-24-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, this reminds me of the words of Jesus: "When your enemy strikes you on the cheek -- kill that motherfucker, kill his children, and burn his fucking house to the ground!"

Last edited by Numanoid; 11-24-05 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-24-05, 12:03 PM
Banned

Firstly, let me begin by apologizing to you all if what I say offends you. I like these boards, because they are there to state an opinion (whether right, wrong or whatever).

Also, we are all fortunate that we live in countries where there is no such thing as a blasphemy law (which is only in several Islamic countries I may add). Therefore we dont have to worry about being hanged because we allegedly desecrated a Holy Book. And my Pakistani friend has told me that this Blasphemy Law is abused in Pakistan, by Muslims who use it to settle other scores, so they falsely accuse a Christian, who is then beaten and the like.

And yes I am a Christian, and I am not ashamed to say it, unlike many other people in todays world. I love the Lord and I love the Good Book (which is why I take it personally when Muslims continue to say the words in it are twisted etc..)

Finally, I will cool it down. I've stated my opinions and thats it!
Old 11-24-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bhk
Bellum, you need to tone it down. Just some friendly advice.

Old 11-24-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Lord himself said that "There will be wars and rumors of wars, <b>and mass death</b>........"
Yeah, I don't think that verse goes that way.
Old 11-24-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, we are all fortunate that we live in countries where there is no such thing as a blasphemy law (which is only in several Islamic countries I may add).
Actually, there is still a blasphemy law in Britain which "protects" only the Church of England although it is rarely invoked (but it has been used as recently as 1977):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3753408.stm

Only two weeks ago, the House of Lords voted to retain the blasphemy law:

http://www.mediawatchwatch.org.uk/

Therefore we dont have to worry about being hanged because we allegedly desecrated a Holy Book. And my Pakistani friend has told me that this Blasphemy Law is abused in Pakistan, by Muslims who use it to settle other scores, so they falsely accuse a Christian, who is then beaten and the like.
Of course there is no excuse for this. There should be no blasphemy laws and there should be freedom of religion (or nonreligion) everywhere.

And yes I am a Christian, and I am not ashamed to say it, unlike many other people in todays world. I love the Lord and I love the Good Book (which is why I take it personally when Muslims continue to say the words in it are twisted etc..)
I don't know why you are bothered by that. Surely your religion says Islam is a false religion. So what?
Old 11-24-05, 01:21 PM

All I know is that anyone who wants women and children killed is okay in my book!
Old 11-24-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk God

You guys can joke around all you want, but a Muslim guy killed me once, so this hits home.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.