Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Aztlan V. America

Old 11-20-05, 11:30 PM
HHS
Cool New Member

Aztlan V. America

Lately I've heard some people say that Americans should just forget about guarding our southern border, even though thousands of illegal aliens make it into this country every day. These people say that these aliens, who are supported by Aztlanists, are "good" for America. Is that really so?

Aztlan protestors

Aztlan 1

Aztlan 2

Aztlan 3

If this is really how they feel about Americans, why isn't there a 30 foot tall wall at our southern border, with guard towers manned by Marine snipers and a demilitarized zone?
Old 11-20-05, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk God

I love how they chant "racist" over and over. They have truly learned from our hippies.

Obviously they are much more interested in what is best for them, that what is best for the US. Doing illegal things is not best for the US, and that is what illegal aliens do...thus we call them "illegal" aliens. Build the wall. It has helped in San Diego. Our next presidential campaign will focus heavily on it.
Old 11-22-05, 11:46 AM

I'm Mexican and don't even know what the Fuck this "Aztlan" is.
Old 11-22-05, 11:56 AM

Aztlán also gives its name to several Hispanic political movements in the United States, such as the Revolutionary Council and Provisional Government of Aztlán and MEChA, also known as Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (Chicano Student Movement of Aztlán). In this connection, <b>it often refers to the irredentist struggle for independence or reunification with Mexico for those southwestern states acquired by the USA after the Mexican-American war and the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo of 1848.</b>
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztlan
Old 11-22-05, 05:19 PM

I have always wondered if they would want the sothern states back if it was not for all of the infrastructure that has been built throughout the years.
Old 11-24-05, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

There's a similar movement in Hawaii. Their attitude is basically, "if you're not <i>pure</i> Hawaiian the get the fuck off the Island".

Everybody want's their land back...
Old 11-24-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Originally Posted by I.Flores
I'm Mexican and don't even know what the Fuck this "Aztlan" is.
basically Mexico retaking the SW states that used to be part of Mexico
Old 11-24-05, 09:58 AM

I think that actually if we are going to be giving the land back, instead of the Mexican government getting it back, we should probably give it back to the individual tribes that call those areas home. So instead of a bigger Mexico, we would have a smaller US and then a whole bunch of little tiny nations.
Old 11-24-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by sjrab16
I think that actually if we are going to be giving the land back, instead of the Mexican government getting it back, we should probably give it back to the individual tribes that call those areas home. So instead of a bigger Mexico, we would have a smaller US and then a whole bunch of little tiny nations.

What about the American Indians? They had it before Mexico didn't they? Why do they get left out?
Old 11-24-05, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sjrab16
we would have a smaller US and then a whole bunch of little tiny nations.
Yay! Great idea, let's deliberately balkanize the United States, I'm sure that will go over well!
Old 11-24-05, 07:03 PM