Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Republicans call House session to ask Dems if the want immediate IRAQ withdraw!

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Republicans call House session to ask Dems if the want immediate IRAQ withdraw!

Old 11-20-05, 11:33 AM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bush should have said, while I don't question his patriotism, I do question his sanity.
Old 11-20-05, 11:35 AM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

They are "insurgents" and "terrorists" and must be destroyed (the old black 'n white worldview).

Islamofascists are counting on people like you in Eurabia. It doesn't matter what our world view is, their world view is that either you convert to Islam or you die. If you see any gray areas in that, nice for you but they certainly don't.
Old 11-22-05, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mosquitobite
the "he" she speaks of above was a marine. Just thought I'd clarify.
So the marine Schmidt quoted when calling Jack Murtha a coward denied ever saying such a thing...

Three days after Rep. Jean Schmidt was booed off the House floor for saying that "cowards cut and run, Marines never do," the Ohioan she quoted disputed the comments.

Danny Bubp, a freshman state representative who is a colonel in the Marine Corps Reserve, told The Enquirer that he never mentioned Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., by name when talking with Schmidt, and he would never call a fellow Marine a coward.

"The unfortunate thing about all of that is that her choice of words on the floor of the House - I don't know, she's a freshman, she had one minute.

"Unfortunately, they came out wrong," said Bubp, R-West Union.
Old 11-22-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Ms. Schmidt is the most freshman member of the House.

This wasn't the first time she's said something controversial.

Whether Bubp actually said it or not, I don't know - I have no doubt that he would deny that he said it since such a firestorm was created by it.