Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary's Party for Ex-Klansman

Old 11-16-05, 02:12 PM
Political Exile

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...5/185205.shtml

Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2005 6:50 p.m. EST

New York Senate hopeful Jeanine Pirro is blasting 2008 presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton for throwing a birthday party tonight for Ku Klux Klansman-turned-Senator Robert Byrd at the home of a civil rights pioneer.

"It's outrageous and shocking that Senator Clinton and her Democrat colleagues would choose Frederick Douglass' house to honor Senator Robert Byrd, who has a history of involvement with hate groups and has used racial slurs publicly," Pirro spokeswoman Andrea Tantaros told the Associated Press.

"Any person who has made racially insensitive comments and participated in groups that promote ethnic prejudice - Republican or Democrat - does not deserve support from a United States senator, especially the senator from New York, at a landmark that is so cherished by those who respect and honor racial equality," Pirro's spokeswoman added.

Byrd joined the Klan in 1943 and rose the level of Kleagle before being unanimously elected to the office of Grand Cyclops. He claims to have resigned a few months later. But in 1946 Byrd wrote the Klan's Grand Imperial Wizard to express his support.

"Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth," the top Democrat urged.

Byrd led the filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and called notorious white supremacist Sen. Richard B. Russell, who was chiefly remembered for blocking anti-lynching legislation, "my mentor." In 1972 Byrd sponsored legislation to name the Senate's main office building after Russell.

As recently as 2001, the West Virginia Democrat was still using the N-word in television interviews.

Mrs. Clinton's spokesman, Howard Wolfson, defended her tribute to the longtime racist, saying Pirro's criticism was off base.

"Sadly, Ms. Pirro continues to wage a campaign of insults and attacks instead of offering New Yorkers a positive agenda," he said, without explaining why Mrs. Clinton was honoring the one-time nightrider.

The former first lady's tribute to Byrd is sure to spark comparisons with Sen. Trent Lott, who had to resign his Senate leadership post after he praised the late Senator Strom Thurmond at his 100th birthday party.

Though Thurmond was once a pro-segregationist Dixiecrat - he never joined the Klan.

Unlike the Lott episode, however, it's not clear whether any toasts to the ex-Klansman by prominent Democrats will be videotaped.
Old 11-16-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

we really need a :yawn: smiley
Old 11-16-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did she use a blaster?
Old 11-16-05, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by grundle
Byrd joined the Klan in 1943 and rose the level of Kleagle before being unanimously elected to the office of Grand Cyclops. He claims to have resigned a few months later. But in 1946 Byrd wrote the Klan's Grand Imperial Wizard to express his support.

I just can't get over the extreme silliness of the Klan's titles. How could they take themselves seriously at all?

"Guess what honey? I just made Grand Cyclops today!!!"
Old 11-16-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Put up a sign advertising cheap abortions in your garage.
While this wais probably intended for the "I've got an annoying fundamentalist neighbor" thread, I can't help but think of it as advice to Jeanine Pirro.
Old 11-16-05, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk God

I had never heard of Jeanine Pirro before this thread. Good way to get herself in the news.
Old 11-16-05, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I had never heard of Jeanine Pirro before this thread. Good way to get herself in the news.

I agree!

It's nice to now know who Hillary's running against in 2006!

And of COURSE the liberal media won't jump on this like they did to Trent Lot. bitches

Last edited by Sominex; 11-16-05 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-16-05, 03:13 PM
Banned

Yeah, Lott joked about endorsing a party that no longer exists.
Old 11-16-05, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Myster X
Yeah, Lott joked about endorsing a party that no longer exists.
George Bush doesn't like it when you try to rewrite history.
Old 11-16-05, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I got a Cyclops for yah Mr. Byrd. Right here! No, move your head over a little more. There. Right there. Oh yeah, baby. Who's your Grand Imperial Wizard.
Old 11-16-05, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The former first lady's tribute to Byrd is sure to spark comparisons with Sen. Trent Lott, who had to resign his Senate leadership post after he praised the late Senator Strom Thurmond at his 100th birthday party.

Though Thurmond was once a pro-segregationist Dixiecrat - he never joined the Klan.

Unlike the Lott episode, however, it's not clear whether any toasts to the ex-Klansman by prominent Democrats will be videotaped.
Also unlike Lott, anyone want to bet that the mainstream media will actually give a crap. Can I get any decent odds on this?

(sounds of silence from the left)
Old 11-16-05, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JasonF
George Bush doesn't like it when you try to rewrite history.
Indeed.
Originally Posted by OldDude
Also unlike Lott, anyone want to bet that the mainstream media will actually give a crap. Can I get any decent odds on this?
Well, if Hillary gets up and says that Byrd "had the right idea when he joined the Klan", I bet they will.
Old 11-16-05, 07:30 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Mopower
Did she use a blaster?
No. The shaft was ray shielded, so she had to use proton torpedoes.
Old 11-16-05, 07:39 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Fokker's Feint

I just can't get over the extreme silliness of the Klan's titles. How could they take themselves seriously at all?

I was thinking the same thing.
Old 11-16-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
everything I've seen indicates pirro is just another downstate rino
so once again the "republican" party in NY fails
Old 11-16-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JasonF
While this wais probably intended for the "I've got an annoying fundamentalist neighbor" thread, I can't help but think of it as advice to Jeanine Pirro.
Oh dammit, I just realized that now
Old 11-17-05, 04:42 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Fokker's Feint

Wait a minute, Cyclopses aren't humans...and yet the KKK is naming titles after them? Seems to be out of line with their whole racial purity deal, I think reform is in order!