Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

O'Reilly Blasted for Coit Tower Comments

Old 11-12-05, 12:43 PM
Banned

O'Reilly Blasted for Coit Tower Comments

Chris Daly is the biggest asshole in the city by the way. He's the idiot behind the handgun ban.

http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.as...07018&nav=5D7l

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) -- Supervisor Chris Daly is firing back at Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly for comments he made on his radio show Wednesday that encouraged al-Qaida to "blow up" Coit Tower.

O'Reilly reacted to San Franciscans' approval of Proposition I, which discourages military recruiters on public high school and college campuses.

He advised President George W. Bush to react by withdrawing any military protection for the city. "...If al-Qaida comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead," O'Reilly said.

Daly responded on the KRON 4 Morning News, "Coit Tower's a monument to San Francisco's firefighters. They put out the fires in San Francisco after the great quake. American heroes -- they were there on Sept. 11 and now you want al-Qaida to blow up Coit Tower? Give us a break. You are out of line."

John Hanley, president of the San Francisco Firefighter's Union Local 798, was incensed.

"Coit Tower is a monument to the bravery of the men and women of the San Francisco Fire Department," Hanley said. "When Bill O'Reilly makes an attack on Coit Tower, he's attacking us and our bravery."

He added, "Mr. O'Reilly, maybe we should bring you into some of our burning buildings and see how brave you are."

Proposition I got 60 percent of the vote in Tuesday's election. It does not ban recruiters, but it does urge schools to reject them.

Next week, Daly will introduce a resolution before the Board of Supervisors asking that Fox News fire Bill O'Reilly.

Like FOX is going to listen to a bunch of leftist wackos.
Old 11-12-05, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Myster X

Like FOX is going to listen to a bunch of leftist wackos.
Yeah, man. Everybody knows how liberal firefighters are.
Old 11-12-05, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lord Rick
Yeah, man. Everybody knows how liberal firefighters are.
You don't know much about the SF supervisors do you?
Old 11-12-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

And why would O'Reilly want a terrorist organization to blow up an American building, regardless of the political affiliation.

Do we have Liberal talk show hosts and news anchors asking that AQ blow up the White House in jest?

Oh, but. Wait. Conservatives can talk this way. If Liberals do it, they are considered ANTI-AMERICAN and JUST AS TYRANNICAL AND EVIL AS THE TERRORISTS THEMSELVES.

And I think having military recruiters on school property is a bad idea to begin with. College campuses are a different story, and students should be mature enough at that point, so I'm not sure how far and reaching the proposition is.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 11-12-05 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-12-05, 12:59 PM

Next week, Daly will introduce a resolution before the Board of Supervisors asking that Fox News fire Bill O'Reilly.
Who would have thought... Gov't sponsored censorship coming from the "defenders of the 1st amendment" left. Sounds like a job for the ACLU to step in and defend O'Reilly
Old 11-12-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

O'Reilly's right. San Francisco's too englighted to have their populous join the military, yet they'll still take advantage of their services? I find it humours considering that these people life in a place that's prone to natural disasters.....next earthquake, "sorry the national guard's not allowed in San Francisco, guns are scary and bad". I think the public schrooln systems should be forced to allow recruiters on their campuses, they do, after all, receive federal funds.
Old 11-12-05, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Man, this political climate is making me sick. Not on the forum, just in general. I think I need to turn off the TV an internets for a year or something just so I stop seeing it. I guess visiting CNN and the political forum 12 times a day doesn't help.

What is wrong with people?
Old 11-12-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://leavemychildalone.org/
Old 11-12-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dildo Bill calling for a terrorist attack on an American city?

This takes asshattery to a whole new level.

Hopefully this guy will just go away. His swaggering macho posturing is laughable and pathetic.
Old 11-12-05, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Jesus Christ.

I can't believe people are actually defending O'Reilly's comments. No matter what you think about San Francisco or their military recruitment law, this is just sick.
Old 11-12-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

as conservative as i am, i think o'reilly is over the top. i have a feeling most of what he says is simply to push buttons.
Old 11-12-05, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

O'Reilly used to be interesting to listen to several years ago, but I agree, now he's more of a Shock Value Verbal Engine. Seems like CNN is going that way too.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 11-12-05 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-12-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't say I'm surprised at the reaction this is generating here
Old 11-12-05, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The thread title said "O'Reilly Blasted for Coit..."

I thought it was going to say "Coitus"

Old 11-12-05, 05:21 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

More liberal crybabying. Al Quida isn't waiting for O'Reilly's approval to blow things up. The morons in the govt. in SF have made it a soft target.
Old 11-12-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bhk
The morons in the govt. in SF have made it a soft target.
Really? They have? What have they done to make it a soft target?
Old 11-12-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So according to O'Reilly it's ok for a place that doesn't share your enlightened view of the world to be a perfectly acceptable target for terrorist destruction. Isn't that the mind-set of those guys hikacking airplanes on 9/11?
Old 11-12-05, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bhk
More liberal crybabying.
If only liberals are appalled when a prominent media figure designates an American city as an ok target for terrorists, that gives us some frightening insight into the mind of conservatives.
Old 11-12-05, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm a conservative and I find the comments to be idiotic. I also think people give way to much credence to people who make public statements and think they somehow apply to everyone who might share another opinion with them.
Old 11-12-05, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
I'm a conservative and I find the comments to be idiotic. I also think people give way to much credence to people who make public statements and think they somehow apply to everyone who might share another opinion with them.
Old 11-12-05, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by bhk
More liberal crybabying. Al Quida isn't waiting for O'Reilly's approval to blow things up. The morons in the govt. in SF have made it a soft target.
I think you'll find quite a few Republicans/Conservatives do not appreciate what Bill said. It's got nothing to do with politics really. It's got everything to do with making a statement which is unnecessary, and insulting to Americans.

The morons in SF have made it a soft target?

I guess NYC, being a large central collective for Liberals, made itself a soft target too, yeah?
Old 11-12-05, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JasonF
Really? They have? What have they done to make it a soft target?
They're all liberals! Don't you see? Booga booga, look behind you!
Old 11-12-05, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I agree.

One thing though, who thinks OReilly is a conservative? The guy is more of a John McCain Republican. He is opposed to the death penalty, is constantly dogging Big Oil (I am with him on that one) and critisizes Bush about as much as he defends him. The guys opinion often aggitates me.
Old 11-12-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
They're all liberals! Don't you see? Booga booga, look behind you!
Ahhh! And I might get Teh Gay Disease if I go near them.
Old 11-12-05, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by BKenn01
I agree.

One thing though, who thinks OReilly is a conservative? The guy is more of a John McCain Republican. He is opposed to the death penalty, is constantly dogging Big Oil (I am with him on that one) and critisizes Bush about as much as he defends him. The guys opinion often aggitates me.
He's anti-abortion. Anti-legalization of drugs. Very much against marijuana and believes it's an evil plant. Anti-homosexual. I remember he said homosexuals should just "keep it in the closet".

But he did write some true words about the oil companies, and I respect him for that:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173370,00.html

I've been saying all along oil companies merely charge what they can get away with, which has nothing to do with supply or demand--an argument many economics students on this forum try to justify. It's got nothing to do with economics, and everything to do with gouging the US consumer.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.