Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Another Liberal Anti-Bush Media Story

Old 10-27-05, 06:21 AM
Suspended

Another Liberal Anti-Bush Media Story

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9834214/

CALEDONIA, Mich. - A woman who took an unpaid leave of absence from work to see her husband off to war has been fired after failing to show up for her part-time receptionist job the day following his departure.

“It was a shock,” said Suzette Boler, a 40-year-old mother of three and grandmother of three. “I was hurt. I felt abandoned by people I thought cared for me. I sat down on the floor and cried for probably two hours.”

Officials at her former workplace, Benefit Management Administrators Inc., confirmed that Boler was dismissed when she didn’t report to work the day after she said goodbye to her husband of 22 years.

“We gave her sufficient time to get back to work,” Clark Galloway, vice president of operations for Benefit Management, told The Grand Rapids Press for a story published Wednesday.

He added that other factors were involved in the decision but he declined to elaborate.

Husband headed off to Iraq
On Oct. 16, Boler went with her husband, Army Spc. Jerry Boler, 45, to an Indianapolis-area airfield, where he and others in his National Guard unit gathered to be transported to Fort Dix, N.J. The unit soon will be deployed to Iraq, where he will help guard convoys from insurgent attacks.

Suzette Boler had received permission to take off work the week leading up to her husband’s departure. As a part-time employee at Benefit Management, she did not receive vacation pay and was not compensated for her time off.

When Boler returned home from Indiana on the night of Oct. 16, a few hours after leaving her husband at the airfield, she said she felt drained by the emotional ordeal.

She said she had told her bosses that she would try to return on Oct. 17 but if she could not, she would definitely be back Oct. 18, she said.

But on the afternoon of Oct. 17, she received a call from work telling her to come in the following day and get her things because she was being fired. Her pink slip said the reason was she failed to show up for work Oct. 17, a Monday, she said.

“If I had even an inkling that I would be fired for not coming in Monday, I would have been there,” she said.
Old 10-27-05, 06:50 AM

I'm not sure what this has to do w/ liberal media or being anti-Bush... You're really starting to lose it DVD Polizei
Old 10-27-05, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by nemein
I'm not sure what this has to do w/ liberal media or being anti-Bush...
Yeah, I'll be among the first to wave the "I Hate Hippies" flag, but I only see a crappy employer, or possibly an irresponsible employee, here. Nothing in the article suggested either Bush or liberalism to me.
Old 10-27-05, 07:21 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
George Bush doesn't care about 40-year-old part-time receptionists.
Old 10-27-05, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nemein
I'm not sure what this has to do w/ liberal media or being anti-Bush... You're really starting to lose it DVD Polizei
Sorry, I have to agree and say... Huh?
Old 10-27-05, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

-2/5
Old 10-27-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, he managed to get a thread title posted to bash liberals - facts be damned. As long as <i>"liberal anti-bush"</i> is shoved in people's faces, lots of conservatives feel their day was worth while.
Old 10-27-05, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by marty888
Hey, he managed to get a thread title posted to bash liberals - facts be damned. As long as <i>"liberal anti-bush"</i> is shoved in people's faces, lots of conservatives feel their day was worth while.

You don't follow his posts much do you
Old 10-27-05, 10:02 AM

His thread titles make about as much sense as his posts usually do. Which isn't much, in case you're wondering.
Old 10-27-05, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by heimerSWT
His thread titles make about as much sense as his posts usually do. Which isn't much, in case you're wondering.
Ooh, a mod making a personal attack/threadcrap.

Actually, DVD Polizei's posts make a lot of sense most of the time. His vote for George W Bush? That's a different story.
Old 10-27-05, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by CRM114
Ooh, a mod making a personal attack/threadcrap.

Actually, DVD Polizei's posts make a lot of sense most of the time. His vote for George W Bush? That's a different story.
*shrug* how is that a personal attack? How have I made a threadcrap? Have I caused the thread to derail?
Old 10-27-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

*shrug* how is that a personal attack? How have I made a threadcrap? Have I caused the thread to derail?
Your post is a remark about the poster and not the topic at hand. (I agree, there seems to be no topic at hand but that's beside the point. )
Old 10-27-05, 10:24 AM
X
Administrator

I've had to tell him that several times now in my role as a moderator and he does seem to have listened. Up to now.
Old 10-27-05, 10:28 AM
Suspended

This title is no different than other peculiar title names on this forum.

And I think only one person figured out the reasoning of the title in the first place.

Hint: Some particular news media outlets are consistently quoted on this forum as being Anti-Bush, and Anti-War.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 10-27-05 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-27-05, 10:39 AM

This title is no different than other peculiar title names on this forum.
Examples?

And I think only one person figured out the reasoning of the title in the first place.
CRM114 and the fact that you have no topic

Hint: Some particular news media outlets are consistently quoted on this forum as being Anti-Bush, and Anti-War.
Usually when they are quoted as such the article in question is atleast directly related to Bush or the war though
Old 10-27-05, 10:51 AM
Banned

and I thought my thread titles were skewed
Old 10-27-05, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hell with Miers out maybe Bush can nominate this woman.
Old 10-27-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
Hell with Miers out maybe Bush can nominate this woman.
Forget that. Maybe Bush can nominate DVD Poliezi.
Old 10-27-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Bush's approval rating shot up 17 points due to this thread!
Old 10-27-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
This thread sucks so hard all the neighborhood boys buy it drinks.
Old 10-27-05, 06:02 PM
Political Exile

I haven't seen this much liberal bias since reading the instruction manual for a model airplane kit when I was 8.
Old 10-27-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Silly thread titles like these aren't going to promote actual discussion of the topic, but more about the point behind the title itself - which isn't related to the subject.
Old 10-27-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe she can chain herself to the white house fence with Cindy Shehan. She has the free time now that Bush got her fired....
Old 10-28-05, 01:10 AM
Political Exile

If I had a cat, its breath would smell like cat food.