Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Ramadan: 14yr old boy dies after 85 lashes for breaking the fast

Old 11-17-04, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ramadan: 14yr old boy dies after 85 lashes for breaking the fast

14 year old boy dies after receiving 85 lashes for breaking his Ramadan fast:

----

http://www.iranpressnews.com/english/source/001327.html

IRAN - A 14 year old boy died on Thursday, November 11th, after having received 85 lashes; according to the ruling of the Mullah judge of the public circuit court in the town of Sanandadj he was guilty of breaking his fast during the month of Ramadan.

The Kurdish site Rojeh“heh Lāt reports that the young man“s identity has not been disclosed. He was scheduled for burial on Saturday, November 13th (after 3 days at the local morgue), in the cemetery of Beheshteh Mohammadi in Sanandadj. However due to the public“s realization of the events surrounding the boy“s circumstances the cemetery was stormed [in protest] and his burial did not take place.

According to informed sources, supervisors have instructed that the burial take place in the presence of his closest relatives, surveyed by security forces

----

And here Iraq is worried about one dude shot by an American soldier. Gee, I guess if I was a Muslim, I'd pick the 85 lashes because those American soldiers are just out for blood.

Man, these people are <sup>2</sup>.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 11-17-04 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-17-04, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Wait, are they protesting the death, or protesting his burial???
Old 11-17-04, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by littlefuzzy
I'd think it was safe to assume they were protesting the way he died and then officials didn't want to deal with the protestors and so they cancelled the funeral?
Old 11-17-04, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They probably also wanted to protect the family and closet relatives, despite all this, there would still be some lunatics that would want to damage the boy's burial spot, thinking he has shamed their religion, etc.

I haven't checked the site, yet, but www.activistchat.com may have some more details on this story. I remember they had a report on Iran hanging a teenager girl for pissing off some judge.
Old 11-17-04, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quick, where's the outrage?

muslims killing each other for some stupid reason = good
US soldiers killing muslims in self defense = bad
Old 11-17-04, 01:55 AM

Originally posted by littlefuzzy
Guess!! By the way, why are the Jews protesting the Holocaust?
Old 11-17-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damn. That's incredibly messed up.
Old 11-17-04, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What a wonderful religion.
Old 11-17-04, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was a Zionist plot.
Old 11-17-04, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well according to these psychotic muslims, allah will take care of him and forgive him...... pathetic

I talked to 3 of my muslim friends here and they have said that half of the middle east is brainwashed by terrorism......

That family ,in their eyes, are still living the ancient way.....

What i question is why there was a crowd for it and why no one stopped it.....

I wish they take a barb wire stick and shove it up the dads a$$
Old 11-17-04, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by raven56706
What i question is why there was a crowd for it and why no one stopped it.....

I wish they take a barb wire stick and shove it up the dads a$$
Actually, it wasn't Dad, it was a sentence imposed by a judge. Many nations get upset by the fact that we have capital punihment for teenage murderers, if the crime meets certain parameters. I wonder how those nations will explain their silent acceptance of a very cruel form of capital punishment for eatting at the wrong time. Love & Peace.
Old 11-17-04, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well still the dad should have stopped that from happening...... pathetic...... i hope something terrible happens for those who wanted this for the kid
Old 11-17-04, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's just tragic.....
Old 11-17-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Myster X
Quick, where's the outrage?

muslims killing each other for some stupid reason = good
US soldiers killing muslims in self defense = bad
I know I should probably put you on ignore but I have to ask where's your outrage? From what I've read from you recently I can only assume your problem with this killing is that it wasn't brutal enough and that you would want every Muslim worldwide shot through the head and then strung up on the nearest flagpole. *

For the record, I don't have too much of a problem with the Marine killing the Iraqi, but I think he needs some psychiatric help. I am however against whipping to death small children.

* See you're not the only one who can level wild accusations.
Old 11-17-04, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk God

We must protect these people's way of life!!! We have no right to intervene!!! We just don't understand their culture!!!
Old 11-17-04, 11:58 AM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Celebrate Diversity!
Old 11-17-04, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Testify!
Old 11-17-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Religion of Peace!
Old 11-17-04, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Disgusting. There should be international outrage over this.
Old 11-17-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Ramadan: 14yr old boy dies after 85 lashes for breaking the fast

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
And here Iraq is worried about one dude shot by an American soldier.
Standard response #12,786: Holding ourselves to our own, higher standard is one thing that makes America great.

- David Stein
Old 11-17-04, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Re: Ramadan: 14yr old boy dies after 85 lashes for breaking the fast

Originally posted by sfsdfd
Standard response #12,786: Holding ourselves to our own, higher standard is one thing that makes America great.

- David Stein
And making a judgment before all the facts are in

Does that make America great?
Old 11-17-04, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Mopower
What a wonderful religion.
A Johnson County infant less than 2 days old died Tuesday at her parents' home of a treatable infection, after her parents failed to seek medical treatment during or following her birth.

Parents of Rhiana Rose Schmidt, the deceased infant, are members of a Morgantown-area church that advocates faith healing instead of medical intervention.
Grand Junction -- Mesa County authorities are investigating the death of an infant as a possible homicide after his parents withheld medical treatment because of religious beliefs.

Warren T. Glory, born Feb. 10, died of cardiac arrest Sunday after an infectious disease was not treated, authorities said Tuesday. His 23- and 22-year-old parents, Joshua and Mindy Glory, are members of the General Assembly Church of the First Born, a strict fundamentalist sect with members who use prayer to heal and do not believe in doctors or medicine. The Glorys have two other children.
Amanda Bates, 13, died at her home on Feb. 5 of complications of untreated diabetes. Infection had set in and gangrene was evident in her toes, according to medical reports.

No physician's help was sought because the family belongs to a small sect that believes in faith healing -- the General Assembly and Church of the First Born.
Old 11-17-04, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Is that suppose to be a comparison?
Old 11-17-04, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by CRM114
You forgot to post all the links to christians in this country kidnapping people, cutting their heads off. Raping women who don't cover their faces. Killing children because the child was raped. Oh wait, there aren't enough to validate your argument.
Old 11-17-04, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally posted by CRM114
[B]quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Johnson County infant less than 2 days old died Tuesday at her parents' home of a treatable infection, after her parents failed to seek medical treatment during or following her birth.

Parents of Rhiana Rose Schmidt, the deceased infant, are members of a Morgantown-area church that advocates faith healing instead of medical intervention.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Grand Junction -- Mesa County authorities are investigating the death of an infant as a possible homicide after his parents withheld medical treatment because of religious beliefs.

Warren T. Glory, born Feb. 10, died of cardiac arrest Sunday after an infectious disease was not treated, authorities said Tuesday. His 23- and 22-year-old parents, Joshua and Mindy Glory, are members of the General Assembly Church of the First Born, a strict fundamentalist sect with members who use prayer to heal and do not believe in doctors or medicine. The Glorys have two other children.

quote:
Amanda Bates, 13, died at her home on Feb. 5 of complications of untreated diabetes. Infection had set in and gangrene was evident in her toes, according to medical reports.

No physician's help was sought because the family belongs to a small sect that believes in faith healing -- the General Assembly and Church of the First Born.
[B]
I take it as a fact that you're no fan of John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Chic Corea, Ann Archer, and other celebrity $cientologists. Make sure you don't own any of the movies either.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.