Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Rocks shatter windows at (Buffalo, NY) GOP headquarters

Old 11-05-04, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Rocks shatter windows at (Buffalo, NY) GOP headquarters

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...05/2057788.asp
Rocks shatter windows at GOP headquarters

11/5/2004
Large rocks were thrown through the plate glass windows of Erie County Republican Committee headquarters in the Statler Towers on Thursday morning. Party officials believe the vandalism is connected to the close 27th Congressional District race between Democrat Brian M. Higgins and Republican Nancy A. Naples.

Threatening phone calls had been made to party officials, according to Bradley J. Stamm, executive director for the GOP County Committee.

He said he sees a correlation between the vandalism and threats and the Naples campaign efforts to gain an accurate count of all voting machines and outstanding paper ballots in a race that she trails by nearly 4,000 votes.

Erie County Democratic Chairman Leonard R. Lenihan dismissed allegations of telephone threats to unnamed party members. "That's political spin," he said. "There's been no phone threats by anyone."

Republican officials are considering whether to assign extra security for those who were threatened, Stamm said.

"The calls threatened certain individuals," Stamm said. "I'm concerned for everybody's safety." He would not specifically say who was threatened.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=24058
Police Investigate Incidents of Vandalism and Threats Against Local Republican Officials

Posted by: Ron Plants, Reporter
Created: 11/4/2004 6:46:07 PM
Updated: 11/4/2004 6:46:07 PM

The Erie County Sheriff's Department is now investigating threats and acts of vandalism against local Republican leaders and a local military recruiting office.

Rocks and bricks were thrown to shatter plate glass windows at the GOP Party Headquarters on
Delaware Avenue in downtown Buffalo. A window was also shattered at the Armed Forces Recruiting Office on Sheridan in the town of Tonawanda and the lock to a back door was broken.

Police say there have also been threatening phone calls to some unspecified party officials at their homes.

<b>Now a letter sent to a media outlet by a quote "Concerned Citizens" group claims responsibility for the attacks on the downtown GOP headquarters and the recruiters office.</b>

The letter mentions various electoral issues like
the wars in the Middle East, the Patriot Act,
healthcare, and job outsourcing. It also states
quote "We are the victims of this war, a war brought to us Concerned Citizens by the Republican administration."

The letter goes on to warn that "We encourage more people to raise their level of resistance
and attack the ones who are sending us to our deaths."

The FBI has been asked to assist the investigation. Police say there could be charges ranging from harassment and criminal mischief to
hate crimes if they determine who is responsible.
probably some pissed off lefties, but it could be arab type terrorists, since the lackawanna 6 was just the tip of the iceberg imo, they had a lot of sympathetic people around here. slim chance that it's terrorists though since there are a lot better targets (niagara power authority for one)

Last edited by mikehunt; 11-05-04 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-05-04, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And that's why I keep plenty of paper on hand. Hopefully, Concerned Citizens will not discover scissors.
Old 11-05-04, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
took me a minute, but

Originally posted by Mad Dawg
And that's why I keep plenty of paper on hand. Hopefully, Concerned Citizens will not discover scissors.
Old 11-05-04, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Rocks shatter windows at (Buffalo, NY) GOP headquarters

Originally posted by mikehunt
probably some pissed off lefties
no way. this was clearly a bunch of righties who wanted the lefties to look bad.
Old 11-05-04, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did these people completely miss Tuesday? Hello!! Wake up and smell the victory! It's OVER!
Old 11-05-04, 03:15 PM
Admin-Thanos

Why do some people do this shit.
Old 11-05-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You're on a roll today, MD.
Old 11-05-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Has anyone gotten Michael Moore's alibi?
Old 11-05-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Fortunately it's just a few rocks.
Old 11-05-04, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

bwahahaha

Iced tea almost out the nose!
Old 11-05-04, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The way some people are behaving, I woudn't be surprised if some lunatics were working on some plan to assassinate Bush.
Old 11-05-04, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk God

The wittiest thing I have read in a week.
Old 11-05-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by eXcentris
The way some people are behaving, I woudn't be surprised if some lunatics were working on some plan to assassinate Bush.
Check livejornal - you'll probably find tons of people taking up collections.
Old 11-05-04, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The people of Iraq send their best wishes to those who work at the Buffalo GOP and hope you get through this post-election incident alright.
Old 11-06-04, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've been hearing news reports about gunshots through windows of various Republican headquarters around the country, and of protesters entering a couple Republican campaign offices and attacking the workers there throughout the campaign.

Nice.

I haven't heard about any Democrat offices being attacked like that, though. I guess the anti-violence people on the far left make exceptions for violence against Republicans.
Old 11-06-04, 02:42 PM

[i] I guess the anti-violence people on the far left make exceptions for violence against Republicans. [/B]
Oh yeah, that's who did it. Must've been all those pacifists.

Comments like this do not help the discussion. I thought you were tired of all the hate?
Old 11-06-04, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

We are tired of Hate....but after reading this and DU it looks like some folks aren't.
Old 11-06-04, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Arabs or anyone related didn't do this I can guarantee you.

It was your typical radical whiteass bumfuck leftie, who can throw rocks, but yet is getting disability checks because he has carpal tunnel syndrome, and in the same breath, accuses the same government and President he is getting those checks from, of being a fraud.
Old 11-06-04, 07:49 PM

Originally posted by covenant
We are tired of Hate....but after reading this and DU it looks like some folks aren't.
Of course not and there plenty on both sides for whom it will never be. But if you truly are tired of it, then try being the bigger person and end the circle of hate: be the first to stop.

And why are you reading the DU anyway? Of course it's extreme, that's it's purpose. You know very well it's not the average Dem posting there. Don't you have a right wing board somwhere to hang out at?
Old 11-06-04, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
It was your typical radical whiteass bumfuck leftie, who can throw rocks, but yet is getting disability checks because he has carpal tunnel syndrome, and in the same breath, accuses the same government and President he is getting those checks from, of being a fraud.
And thus the circle of hate continues...
Old 11-07-04, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
Arabs or anyone related didn't do this I can guarantee you.

Call the FBI! We got us a profile!