DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Religion, Politics and World Events (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events-47/)
-   -   Alan Keyes: World Class Dillhole (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-politics-world-events/394340-alan-keyes-world-class-dillhole.html)

JasonF 11-04-04 05:39 PM

Alan Keyes: World Class Dillhole

Unapologetic Keyes blames media for loss

CHICAGO An unapologetic Alan Keyes blames the media in large part for his loss to Democrat Barack Obama in Illinois' U-S Senate race.

Keyes told Christian radio station W-Y-L-L A-M today that he's happy that over a million people voted for him despite what he called media distortions in the campaign. He also said he was disappointed to learn how many "Republicans in name only" there were in Illinois.

Keyes says he didn't call Obama to congratulate him because that would have been a false gesture. And he says he'll continue to work with the people he met in Illinois to promote moral issues around the country.
Nice to see Democrats aren't the only ones lashing out in the wake of Tuesday's election. And not congratulating your opponent? That's mighty Christian of you, Alan.

jfoobar 11-04-04 05:40 PM

He is a dillhole. I had a lot of respect for the guy when he ran for President, but he has proven himself to be an embarassment since he got into the Illinois senatorial race.

nevermind 11-04-04 05:40 PM

Someone show him where O'Hare is. At this point I'll pay for the fucking ticket.

Jason 11-04-04 05:53 PM

I think he lost a lot of support when Lyne Cheney criticised him so harshly for mentioning her gay daughter.

Oh, wait, that never happened. He must just be a dillhole then. :)

Mad Dawg 11-04-04 06:02 PM

Re: Alan Keyes: World Class Dillhole

Originally posted by JasonF
Nice to see Democrats aren't the only ones lashing out in the wake of Tuesday's election. And not congratulating your opponent? That's mighty Christian of you, Alan.
That's just shitty. Saying "congratulations" is a false gesture? What a prick.

mikehunt 11-04-04 06:29 PM

carpet bagging hypocrit, and I used to be gernally supportive of him. going to be tough to support him in the future even though he has a few positions I really like

chanster 11-04-04 06:30 PM

This guy sucks. Get him out of our state

SFranke 11-04-04 07:24 PM

I think Keyes is incorrect saying that his loss is the media's fault, but I think this criticism of him not congratulating Obama is unjust. How many times have I heard that there needs to be more honesty in politics? I do not know Keyes very well, but I think what he did was admirable. Of course, admirable people are often considered assholes, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised at the contempt.

Bushdog 11-04-04 07:33 PM

Well, he's ungracious here. Next time anyone claims he's classy I'll have to pull up this thread.

Jeremy517 11-04-04 07:36 PM

Originally posted by JustinS
He is a dillhole. I had a lot of respect for the guy when he ran for President, but he has proven himself to be an embarassment since he got into the Illinois senatorial race.
Same here. I can't believe the turn he's taken in the last few months.

jfoobar 11-04-04 07:43 PM

Originally posted by Jeremy517
Same here. I can't believe the turn he's taken in the last few months.
I suspect he is bitter over being used as little more than a patsy. He never had a chance in that race to begin with.

nevermind 11-04-04 07:44 PM

Then why the hell accept it?

jfoobar 11-04-04 07:53 PM

Originally posted by nevermind
Then why the hell accept it?
Who knows? Maybe because he's a dillhole?

kvrdave 11-04-04 08:06 PM

I blame Diebold. And exit polling. And I am sure that the election was stolen as it is Illinois, after all -wink-

Jeremy517 11-04-04 08:30 PM

Originally posted by JustinS
I suspect he is bitter over being used as little more than a patsy. He never had a chance in that race to begin with.
Good point.

Michael Ballack 11-05-04 06:25 AM

Hey Alan! :wave: I hope Obama aborts your grandchildren. -screwy-

Mammal 11-05-04 08:02 AM

Alan Keyes has only one thing going for him. He wears it, always.