Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Democratic Underground going Berzerk!

Old 11-03-04, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Democratic Underground going Berzerk!

The sites gone down but here's a couple of quotes:

TIN FOIL HAT ALERT!!

Even if Kerry pulls Ohio out, we need to... drag America's 18-24 year olds out into the street and beat the living snot out of them for not having our backs, spoiled brats.

As a 19 year old first time voter... I will be the first to dash my fellow students' brains out on the streets if I find out they didn't vote

Cocktail party at my house tomorrow I'd like to invite all concerned and dedicated Democrats to a cocktail party at my house tomorrow. The nature of the cocktails is contingent on the outcome of the election. If Kerry wins, we will all have a nice warm martini and other cocktails of our desire. If Kerry looses, we will be serving only one kind of cocktail: a Molotov.

Damn straight I told my mother, my poor (literally) eldery mother that she ought to be kicked off SS and Medicare because she votes republican. I'd like to see EVERYBODY who wants a republican agenda to truly live under a repuke agenda.

Good lord, civil war anyone?
We got your back I don't know the details, don't wanna know right now. But I do know that I want to fight this crap for the next four years if necessary

Keep you heads on. The battle has only begun Did you really think the battle would be over after the election? We've only started to get rough with these facists. Things are going to get thick and we need to remember to keep our heads on. We control our own reality

If Republican vote fraud took place once more, SOMEONE WILL PAY WITH BLOOD.

WE HAVE TO MAKE A STAND PERIOD .THIS CANT STAND THIS IS CIVIL WAR

ONE MORE TIME: STOLEN AGAIN -- HERE ARE FACTS -- USE THEM!
Posted by politmuse1
Added to homepage Wed Nov 03rd 2004, 01:20 AM ET

I tried earlier, and no one wanted to believe it. Maybe now you do? *THE FIX IS IN.*

If we're afraid to call it as is, there's no chance we'll ever see democracy or a Democrat elected in this country every again. PLEASE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES.

Here are some facts:

(1) All exit polls had Kerry ahead in in FL and OH.

(2) All Democrats were completely confident, based (I'm sure) on internal polls. Kennedy said Kerry won. He was sure. So was the DNC chair, who referred to Kerry as president-elect.

(3) Canadian TV (CTV) said it will be an early landslide (their word) for Kerry. They had inside information.

(4) Exit polls have always been correct -- until they pulled Florida away from Gore, and Bush took power by force. Since then no exit poll has ever been any good. Coincidence?

(5) In the midterm elections, the VERY SAME thing happened as tonight. Polls nationwide favored Democrats, and then the GOP won every state -- and the exit polls vanished!!! Pollsters had never been so wrong. IT WAS THE FIRST TIME MACHINES WERE USED.

(6) We all know who owns the Diebold (Diabolical) voting machines. And it ain't the Democrats.

(5) Every historical predictor pointed to a Kerry victory: the large turnout, Bush's approval ratings, the economy, and the fact that he consistently polled under 50 or even 48%. No president had ever won with such low numbers.

And then magically everything reversed itself and Bush wins. Do you guys believe this is for real?

I don't know what we can do. But at the very least I suggest:

-- Write letters to every paper and every person you know, outlining the facts above (plus everything you can add about the electronic voting machines -- lots of info out there).

-- Write Kennedy and others who KNOW Kerry had the real vote. We need them to come forward and speak out.

-- We need strategy. We can't just go and protest and be angry. It will look like we can't accept defeat. We need to get our facts and target our message. Or else forget about this country.

Ideas? Drop me a line
Old 11-03-04, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
I stirred the pot over there for a while last night. then got banned in a blaze of glory
the chair was against the wall andI like pie
Old 11-03-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

(3) Canadian TV (CTV) said it will be an early landslide (their word) for Kerry. They had inside information.
Sure they do, sure they do...
Old 11-03-04, 09:44 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

I can't get the juicy bits over there right now because they've closed the forum to lurkers. Someone ought to put a suicide watch on them.
And then magically everything reversed itself and Bush wins. Do you guys believe this is for real?
That bit was particularly funny, they are complaining that the actual count was incorrect based on a sample reported earlier.
Old 11-03-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a few I saw on a forum I vist:

With the election of George Bush, I was only left with this to say...

Goobye civil liberties.
Goodbye separation of Church and State.
Goodbye health care, social security, and safety.
Goodbye to employment.

Say hello to outsourcing, and a reverse Robin Hood. Who'll steal from the poor, and give to the rich.

To those of you who voted Bush. Especially if you don't live in New Jersey(because Kerry won here), I hope you enjoy this lack of freedom you sentenced us to. I hope you get fucked most of all by your vote.

We have just been condemed to 4 more years of a wawr mongering, racist bigot, who will change the USA into a Bible based 'free country' because he now has the the House and the Senate on his side.

Edit: Goodbye free speech.
----------------------------
Bush has ensured that America become a war mongering police state.

More importantly, Goodbye America.
---------------------------
good bye Bill of Rights, hello Draft.

Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie,
An Effective, Low-Cost Solution To Combating Mind-Control

Last edited by Tazwolff; 11-03-04 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-03-04, 09:53 PM
Suspended

good bye Bill of Rights, hello Draft.

. I can't believe the idiocy of some of these kids.

The Draft is illegal! Yeaaarrrrrghhhh!

FREE SPEECH is no more!

Say hello to OUTSOURCING! Yeah, because Kerry was for the POOR PEOPLE!

Oh god, my sides hurt. Thank GOD ALMIGHTY their people didn't get in office. Talk about a nightmare. I'll take an anti-abortion freak over a pimple-popping dumbass who believes airplanes were remotely controlled by the US government to fly into the WTC towers, ANY DAY, thank-you!
Old 11-04-04, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Tazwolff
Goodbye separation of Church and State.

A group of John Kerry supporters hold a prayer circle in the ballroom at the
Radisson Hotel as the crowd wanes at the Duval Democratic Party gathering
Nov. 2, 2004, in Jacksonville, Fla. (Photo: AP /The Florida Times-Union)

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 11-04-04 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-04-04, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm sorry... <i>Canada</i> had inside information on the election before anyone else?
Old 11-04-04, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk God

I didn't realize Kennedy had called it for Kerry. Maybe they are right.
Old 11-04-04, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dick Morris was on FNC saying there should be congressional investigations into the exit polls. He said he has never seen exit poll results so wrong, in so many locations, all favoring one party. It would just be a GOP scheme to coverup the real reason they were off (GOP ballot stuffing), but it would be interesting to see what happened. Of course, with the election over, Bush in office anyway, and people proclaiming it's time to 'heal wounds', I don't think it will get much traction.
Old 11-04-04, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by wmansir
Dick Morris was on FNC saying there should be congressional investigations into the exit polls. He said he has never seen exit poll results so wrong, in so many locations, all favoring one party. It would just be a GOP scheme to coverup the real reason they were off (GOP ballot stuffing), but it would be interesting to see what happened. Of course, with the election over, Bush in office anyway, and people proclaiming it's time to 'heal wounds', I don't think it will get much traction.
I saw some guy on the tube talking about one of the main problems being that the exit polls included 58% women, who not only tend to vote differntly, but also do not make up 50% of total votes. I can't believe they would go with exit polls that have a skewed demographic.

They also said that they believe more and more people get tired of talking to pollsters and so they may get those who are more "fired up" which could also swing one way more than another (such as the ABB crowd).
Old 11-04-04, 04:45 AM

Hannity had his own explanation today. I'll summarize, and not sugar coat it and beat around the bush like he did. Democrats are lazy out of work bums who can vote during the day. Republicans are hard working great Americans who barely make it home from their 12 hour day at the office in time to vote.
Old 11-04-04, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Besides the skewed demographic.. how many people they talk to just want to mess with a pollster because they are tired of the media blitz....

one demographic got out and voted and they tend not to be talked to by pollsters (the relisgious right and especially those in rural locations). It's not efficient to poll out in the boonies. Most are done in cities. This election was the tale of the cities vs the burbs/boonies. Like in real estate. location.. location... location... especially where there are not megacities (NY, CA.....)
Old 11-04-04, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It doesn't really surprise me that the exit polls were all wrong. I just went and voted and avoided the people at the doors. I would imagine the ABB crowd couldn't wait to tell people who they voted for. But, that's just my opinion.
Old 11-04-04, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chew
It doesn't really surprise me that the exit polls were all wrong. I just went and voted and avoided the people at the doors. I would imagine the ABB crowd couldn't wait to tell people who they voted for. But, that's just my opinion.
Since we've seen intentional skewing of online polls would it be that hard to assume that certain radical groups within the party might try the same tactic in real life?
Old 11-04-04, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
I agree that the exit polls were skewed towards the blue. With the exception of my wife, all the Kerry voters I know took time off work to go vote (we get an hour here). All the Bush voters like me waived that and voted either before or (mostly) after work, then hurried home to cook dinner and pay bills, etc. I didn't need no stinking exit poll, so I shooed the young lady away.

Mind you, I'm an NPA, and a person who falls squarely in the center of the political compass.
Old 11-04-04, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's funny.. in the paper today it showed the polls that were 51-49 the other way.. no mention of margin of error during the whole thing. However , the paper themselves said the POLLSTERS warned people about using them to predict results and how accurate they were... Funny, no mention of the warning on the tv news that I heard of..
Old 11-04-04, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah, the peaceful, tolerant extremist Democrats.
I hope there actually is a black helicopter out there somewhere, and it picks these fools up sometime. The only other option is that they are insane.
Exit polls. Polls throughout the season have said virtually everything, and while there's certainly science to it, there's no such thing as a totally accurate/objective poll.
And like logrus9 said, maybe some of the responders lied to the poll takers.
It would be interesting to see in general who voted when. Like AGNMike, I voted late in the evening [actually at about 830] and voted for Bush.
Old 11-04-04, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Exactly.... the polls were going all over the place...... i didnt believe the polls until the major poll on nov 2 was done..... one could hope but not rest their judgements on a poll done on a couple of 100 people
Old 11-04-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
http://www.democraticunderground.com...ress=203x18856

Dems. Please listen to me. Please. We can only win now by dirty tricks.
We have nothing else. The high road has killed us in three elections in a ROW!

1. We need serious dirty tricks: undercover prostitutes with cameras in every Republican bedroom. Out EVERY gay Republican. Out every racist Republican. Drug setups. Deep undercover ops INSIDE the RNC and Bush camps.

2. As much as this is not "us", we need to cheat. We need to figure out how many votes they are going to steal and steal just as many to make it even. Hack the machines; dissapear paper ballots, whatever.

3. In states where we have Governors, we need to way underrepresent red areas with polling machines/places and saturate the blue ares.

4. We need to adopt the same voting disinformation tactics they do.

5. More. More. More.

There is no other way at this point. We have been FUCKING MARGINALIZED. 10% of this country now has 90% of the power. Can't you understand? They control EVERYTHING. State. Federal. Congress. Courts. Corporations. EVERYFUCKINGTHING. So. with 50%+ of the population and 10% of the power, what can we do? We only have the choices above when it comes to elections. Or we can just stay naive and smile and try a little harder and convince ourselves we can win next time. But if you think we can muster more than we did THIS time -- your fucking nuts.
Old 11-04-04, 12:48 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Deep undercover ops INSIDE the RNC and Bush camps.
Moran, you just gave away your deep undercover operation.
Old 11-04-04, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

5. More Cowbell. More Cowbell. More Cowbell.
Fixed.
Old 11-04-04, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just love when conservatives cruise the DU boards to pick out the stupidest posts they can find and broadcast them everywhere else.

Now if someone would just do that with the conservatives at Free Repulbic. Or this board.
Old 11-04-04, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I dunno - maybe I'll start cruising sfgate.com for stupid op-eds instead.

Oops, someone beat me to it.
Old 11-04-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

if you find a crazy freeper thread and post it I give 95% odds that I'll agree with why you think it's crazy

Originally posted by adamblast
I just love when conservatives cruise the DU boards to pick out the stupidest posts they can find and broadcast them everywhere else.

Now if someone would just do that with the conservatives at Free Repulbic. Or this board.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.