Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Anyone listening to AirAmerica today?

Old 11-03-04, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Anyone listening to AirAmerica today?

I listened to it for awhile. Randi Rhodes. Wow, that was something. She is full of conspiracies about votes not counted, etc. etc. and is sure that Kerry won.

THis wouldn't be too crazy if we had a low turnout, but we had the highest turnout ever. EVER. That makes the argument silly to me.

She was truly stunned.

I do look forward to watching The Daily Show (I think John will be funny, personally).

Anyone else?
Old 11-03-04, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I listened to one of our liberal radio shows on the way to to work this morning, and the host was belittleing the people that didn't vote, and yelling at Kerry supporters for not working hard enough. He was ranting and raving about how he could not believe the low voter turnout for 18-24 year olds, etc.
Old 11-03-04, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I giggled on the way into work (about 5:30 am Central)

Basically it sounded like a really good text reading program coming off of DU.

Anyone who wants to hear it, I think XMOnline has a free 3 day trial. Check the hotdeals forum.
Old 11-03-04, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone listen to AirAmerica before?

[/rimshot]
Old 11-03-04, 04:12 PM
Suspended

The complete turnaround in the exit polls for the first time in 50 years is amazing isn't it... it could'nt possible be that the fix with the Rebublican run Dibold machines, was in..nah could never happen,,,
Old 11-03-04, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Dave Scarpa
The complete turnaround in the exit polls for the first time in 50 years is amazing isn't it... it could'nt possible be that the fix with the Rebublican run Dibold machines, was in..nah could never happen,,,
uncanny... I think I heard those exact words on there this morning
Old 11-03-04, 04:14 PM

Are you new to politics?

Did you happen to be out of the country during the 2002 elections?
Old 11-03-04, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk God

I think that is as likely as when the aliens tried to convince Rush Limbaugh to run for President. Hell, at least they had pictures.

Do you have a show on AirAmerica?
Old 11-03-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't even know why I'm bothering, but what??
Old 11-03-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Randi Rhodes whole show is about conspiracies isn't it? I mean she is always angry about something. If Kerry had won, she would still be complaining about the machines and how he really won by a larger margine.

I don't think I would like to meet her. She seems like one angry woman.
Old 11-03-04, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been listening at work. I was suprised by the way the election results were being handled. Al Frankin and what's-her-name were calm and accepting. It was a reasonable and intelligent sounding show.

Then at two Randi came on, swinging her fists like a drunken sailor. She ranted about voting machines for several minutes, then found out she had been pre-empted by Cheny's speech in some places so she recieted the entire diatribe again.

She definetly has that abrasive personality quality like Dr. Laura.
Old 11-03-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Al Franken, is that you?
Old 11-03-04, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Anyone listening to AirAmerica today?

Originally posted by kvrdave
I listened to it for awhile. Randi Rhodes. Wow, that was something. She is full of conspiracies about votes not counted, etc. etc. and is sure that Kerry won.
I listened for 30 minutes and really felt sorry for her... in the sense that she must really be a conflicted person. I'm a moderate and just laugh hearing such idiot vitriol. I had to turn the station yesterday when Rosie O'Donell came on. Good god.
Old 11-03-04, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm a pretty partisan guy but I believe Bush and the GOP won this fair and square. I just have cognitive dissonance with the thinking of the so-called American mainstream (read heartland).
Old 11-03-04, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I listened briefly today at lunch. I don't know the AA lineup, so I don't know whose show it was -- all I know was that Franken's show was "coming up next".

They claimed that they (AA) were responsible for the election being as close as it was. Though Bush got more votes than anyone in the history of American politics, Kerry lost by a few EVs and a few percent -- all because AA had only been on the air for 7 months. "Just think what a difference we could've made if we'd been here longer, countering the big business propagandists and corporate shills on talk radio."

I was tempted to call in to remind them that the reason talk radio is overwhelmingly Conservative isn't because of any conspiracy by big business, it's because the Conservative message sells. AA has been struggling to find an audience because not enough listeners want to buy the product they're offering. But I didn't.... I didn't want them to think that anyone was actually out there listening.

(PS - After 7 months, AA airs in fewer then 40 markets. In 4 months, Bill Bennett's "Morning in America" show reaches over 100 markets.)
Old 11-03-04, 05:34 PM
Cool New Member

They would actually air in quite a few more markets if they were willing to syndicate their shows, but they only go into markets where they are able to get a station to take their programming 24/7. So comparing them to any syndicated show is like comparing apples and gold fish.
Old 11-03-04, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Auuughhhh! Randi Rhodes sings along with all the bumper music. This is not a good thing when she sounds like Mike Myers doing Cawfee Tawk.

Mark Maron was a little apocalyptic, to borrow Trigger's word, but he's a stand-up comedian. I enjoyed his show, but I was a fan of his before Air America came along. I missed most of Franken after being up all night. Randi Rhodes is just an obnoxious bitch. Her conspiracy theories might be somewhat interesting, but her motto she is reciting is "Stay pissed." Time to switch to the sports station.
Old 11-03-04, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sore losers

Its just sad
Old 11-03-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by kenbuzz
They claimed that they (AA) were responsible for the election being as close as it was.
I'd be willing to bet that Howard Stern delivered more Kerry supporters to the polls. Just look at the ratings for the cities where both shows are broadcast. I know in my city, Howard's show's ratings blow AA's out of the water (though, AA has only been on the air for a couple of ratings books).

I heard the afternoon guy's show for a bit. Schultz I believe his name was. The listeners calling in were all calling foul about voting machines being rigged. They're sure that Bush cheated. I've never heard a bigger bunch of whiners. That is, until I read Scarpa's post.

To the host's credit, he didn't really feed the fire.
Old 11-03-04, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

However low Air America's ratings may have been before the election, I bet the result is that they will still be around for the next one. I don't know when we finally got an affiliate here, I just found it on the dial last night when I was looking for a talk radio show. I bet they get more affiliates and higher ratings with Bush in the White House.
Old 11-03-04, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
I heard some of Randi's show today. That was something else.
Old 11-03-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The complete turnaround in the exit polls for the first time in 50 years is amazing isn't it... it could'nt possible be that the fix with the Rebublican run Dibold machines, was in..nah could never happen,,
So does that mean the American public shouldn't deserve whatever happens to them as you pointed out in:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=394015

Because the evil ones corrupted America's true voice? I am confused
Old 11-03-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by billolmesdahl
They would actually air in quite a few more markets if they were willing to syndicate their shows, but they only go into markets where they are able to get a station to take their programming 24/7. So comparing them to any syndicated show is like comparing apples and gold fish.
Sounds like a great business model. "We have something that we aren't sure there is any demand for, but if you want it, it is on our terms alone!"

Pro-choice my ass
Old 11-03-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A question about the number of people that voted. Was the percentage higher or just the total number based on population?
Old 11-03-04, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by BigDaddy
A question about the number of people that voted. Was the percentage higher or just the total number based on population?
Both were up significantly, with the exception of 18-24 year olds, which were at about the same percentage as 2000. P. Diddy believes they should die.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.