Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Anyone listening to AirAmerica today?

Old 11-04-04, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Toonview
It's honest about what it is. It exists primarily as a counterpoint to the "other side" which has plenty of Rushs and Hannitys and wannabes. Ain't nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of people (48% percent of active voters at least) who are given a voice by AA.

But the favorite tactic these days by those on the "other side" is apparently to shoot the messenger. Like I said: sad.
and anyone on the "other side" could use the exact same argument, except the % would be higher.
Old 11-04-04, 06:37 PM

Not sure I get your point.
Old 11-04-04, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's honest about what it is. It exists primarily as a counterpoint to the "other side" which has plenty of Rushs and Hannitys and wannabes. Ain't nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of people (48% percent of active voters at least) who are given a voice by AA.

But the favorite tactic these days by those on the "other side" is apparently to shoot the messenger. Like I said: sad.
Whaaatever. Frankly, I don't care for conspiracy theory crap no matter who is spouting it off. Left OR right. Assuming that all Republicans like Rush is the same as assuming most Dems feel AA represents them.

"Sad" is hearing crying-baby adults on AA the past 24 hours
Old 11-04-04, 07:06 PM

No sad is kicking folks while they are down. But hey, if it makes ya feel like a man...

And no one said all Repub like Rush. I said I can easily find his voice or voices like his on my Radio. Can't find even a close number of AA type voices.
Old 11-04-04, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Even Rush will slam the president when he doesn't agree with him like with the bill on Medicare. This stuff on AA is all 100% partisan bullcrap. They make excuse after excuse for the Dems and go out of their way to slam the Conservatives. It doesn't mean they are wrong on every issue, but when they refuse to admit the faults of their party it makes their whole network a lie.
Old 11-04-04, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by darkside
but when they refuse to admit the faults of their party it makes their whole network a lie.
You must listen at different times than I do as I haven't found this to be the case nor a problem.

In any event comparing one single individual's show (Rush) to an entire roster of shows is not exactly cricket, wot?
Old 11-04-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You must listen at different times than I do as I haven't found this to be the case nor a problem.

In any event comparing one single individual's show (Rush) to an entire roster of shows is not exactly cricket, wot?
How about comparing Rush with Franken, which is a very fair comparison. That leaves the rest of AA's programming (Rhodes, et. al.).

I don't know about where you live, but everywhere that I have lived since I first heard about Limbaugh, his show is syndicated on a talk radio station that offers a wide variety of programming, including liberal-oriented talk shows and numerous others that have no political affiliation whatsoever. In fact, I have never noticed a shortage of liberal talk shows on the radio, even before AA came into existence.

The "void" that AA "fills" is only in the national syndication of their shows.
Old 11-04-04, 08:39 PM

How about comparing Rush with Franken, which is a very fair comparison.
Yes that is. I'll only go on to say that AA has been on for what, six months? Franken hasn't had a chance to rail on the air against anything a Democratic President (or Congress or Senate) has done, cause there ain't been one in the past six months. So to some degree it's apples and oranges.

See me again in 10 years (assuming AA lasts that long, which I'm not delusional, enough to take as a given).

The "void" that AA "fills" is only in the national syndication of their shows.
That's a pretty important void to fill. Try getting Bob Graham to do an interview on the local 3AM left-leaning show in Butte.

Comprende?
Old 11-04-04, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chew
I go even further than "states":

Ah I love that picture, Hannity has been showing it on Hannity & Colmes the last couple of days
Old 11-04-04, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by SuprVgeta
Ah I love that picture,
So do I..but I think I like this one more...