Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

America Deserves Everything it gets Now

Old 11-03-04, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dave Scarpa........ if you voted...... then you made your choice.... The popular vote is by 4 million voters......

Stop being such a cry baby .... man..... If your ashamed, leave the country...... gosh..... it would be one less person taking our air here
Old 11-03-04, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by bboisvert
We don't need you or your strange, random captilization.

Oh come on. Someone's got to do it now that THEEK has left and Original Des has temporarily disappeared.
Old 11-03-04, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh and by the way.... if you feel that you should leave a stupid message like that.... it seems like a form of hate towards your f'ing nation that give you every gosh darn right...... i had friends that died in the WTC so if you feel that we deserved that then you should go to iraq and fight the other side.....hopefully there you would be taught the ultimate lesson

I suggest some mod should shut this before this turns ugly
Old 11-03-04, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by adamblast
I think it's safe to say that athiest social progressives did not, as a rule, help Bush win the election. He won because he got out the Evangelicals, and because most people believe the "War On Terror" is more than empty rhetoric. They want to stay the course, despite the quagmire that Iraq appears to be turning into. And they didn't trust the alternative.

I was at BORDER'S earlier this evening and I heard a guy complaining to someone on his cellphone about how Bush's apparent lead was... "the fault of all those fucking hick states and the fucking hicks."

Old 11-03-04, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by harpo787
I agree with nazgul and most of the posters in this thread.

I voted for John Kerry, and it certainly appears that he's lost. Does it make me sad my guy didn't win? Sure, but I sure as hell don't believe what the original poster said in the least.

I do hope however, with how close this ran at one point that the president considers acknowledging mistakes that he's made and changing what's necessary to finish what we've started in Iraq.

So, here is my concession speech:

I'd like a small popcorn (layered butter please)
I'd also like a "frozen coke"
and finally...I'd like a pretzel, no salt.

Thanks.

Congratulations those of you who voted for Bush. Please don't be overly brutal to those of us who voted for Kerry...or rather, for those of us who voted for Kerry who aren't going to be cry babies. Granted, that may be few and far between.
Bravo.. and we won't be and wouldn't have been if the situation was reversed.

You have class as a previous poster mentioned. In the end, we all have to work together to make this country better each day.

What is finally nice to see is that a candidate got >50% of the pop vote!.. Been a long time...

There is an obvious split in this country now between cities and burbs/rural. After this is all over , we need to look past it and head down the path to where our children are better of than us , theirs than them and so on...
Old 11-03-04, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

raven,

I know how you feel... and I was awful close (5=6 blocks) to GZ that day too (was right there 24 hrs before). Lost friends. A cooworker is alive because he watched MNF and was late to work. His wife lets him watch MNF any time now. She made him put out a Bush/Cheney sign on their lawn (and it was taken..by the way).

There were a lot more rep votes around here than before....related to this too..

However, let's not lose our cool. It's not worth the energy on the OP. Let him say what he wants, but if he really feels that way, he can move somewhere else. Evidently democracy is too much to handle..

To everyone else,
No matter who you supported, no matter how things go, we are in this together. Let's work to make things better, so that everyone can grab a piece of the American Dream..
Old 11-03-04, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by X
"Cannot" and "How" are capitalized, "american" isn't?

Please work on your grammar!
Proof that No Child Left Behind doesn't work.
Old 11-03-04, 07:52 AM
Suspended

Hey Bush is a war Criminal and a Crooked Politician. THe fact that he has been givin the popular vote validates around the world that we support everything he is doing. That being the case yes we as american are as responsible for all the reprehensible actions as is the Bush administrations. You cannot hide from the popular vote.
Old 11-03-04, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Dave Scarpa
The Entire World are losers tonight enjoy your victory, and the Fascist State we'll soon be living in.
Old 11-03-04, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow. I must tell you, it is extremism (on either side) that I'd like to see eliminated.
Old 11-03-04, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey Bush is a war Criminal and a Crooked Politician. THe fact that he has been givin the popular vote validates around the world that we support everything he is doing. That being the case yes we as american are as responsible for all the reprehensible actions as is the Bush administrations. You cannot hide from the popular vote.
i bet there is shock and horror in some NYC neighborhoods today
Old 11-03-04, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You're right. We can't hide from the popular vote. Bush won the majority. You, sir, are in the minority.
Old 11-03-04, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dave..... tell me which politician isnt corrupt...... tell me if you can find this leader of a country..... when you do.... go and move there.........
Old 11-03-04, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by harpo787
Congratulations those of you who voted for Bush. Please don't be overly brutal to those of us who voted for Kerry...or rather, for those of us who voted for Kerry who aren't going to be cry babies. Granted, that may be few and far between.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I also voted for Kerry, but I really could have gone either way. I'm just hoping all the rhetoric and bluster (on both sides) goes away quickly. That's why I hope that if Bush indeed wins, it's a decisive win that no one can debate.
Old 11-03-04, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

THe fact that he has been givin the popular vote validates around the world that we support everything he is doing. That being the case yes we as american are as responsible for all the actions . You cannot hide from the popular vote.
Cleaned it up a bit to say:

You are goddammed right
Old 11-03-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i think dave scarpa is crazier then Dan Rather...

Last edited by raven56706; 11-03-04 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-03-04, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by raven56706
who is that to?
Old 11-03-04, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

forgot my last sentence