Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Reports of early voting fraud in Philadelphia

Old 11-02-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Reports of early voting fraud in Philadelphia

Drudge report has the following:

<i>Before voting even began in Philladelphia -- poll watchers found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered throughout downtown... One incident occurred at 2601 N. 11th St., Philadelphia, Pa: Ward 37, division 8... pollwatchers uncovered 4 machines with planted votes; one with over 200 and one with nearly 500... A second location, 1901 W. Girard Ave., Berean Institute, Philadelphia, Pa, had 300+ votes already on 2 machines at start of day... INCIDENT: 292 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 7/7: ADDRESS: 122 W. Erie Ave., Roberto Clemente School, Philadelphia, Pa.; INCIDENT: 456 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 12/3; ADDRESS: 5657 Chew Ave., storefront, Philadelphia, Pa... Developing...</i>

Not good ....
Old 11-02-04, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That's just outrageous! I mean, come on, nearly 500 votes? Sheesh. I only voted twice, now that's a reasonable number. Please cheat in moderation, folks!
Old 11-02-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We need a One and Only Election Fraud thread with all this crap going on across the country.
Old 11-02-04, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice.

The <i>only</i> way to get around ballot fraud is to avoid ballots by using computers. Unfortunately, the predominant solution is <i>far</i> more easily manipulated. We need a computerized voting system that is completely transparent, completely verifiable, and as tamper-proof as possible.

- David Stein
DVD Talk God

I wonder who the votes were for.
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He says it is up to 2,000 now. All located in poor areas of Philly - wonder who the votes are for? I have a good idea.
Old 11-02-04, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED!!!
Old 11-02-04, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
This is why both parties should have a single challenger at each polling location. Last thing they should do before the polls open is verify that the counters on each machine are set to zero.
Old 11-02-04, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by chanster
He says it is up to 2,000 now. All located in poor areas of Philly - wonder who the votes are for? I have a good idea.
Consider that when you jump to conclusions and make factual predictions based on personal bias, it has a chance of coming back and biting you in the ass. In this case, I'd say the chance is 50/50.

- David Stein
Old 11-02-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd have to agree with David here. Philadelphia is already heavily Democratic, why would anyone need to increase the Dem's vote total? You run the risk of having more votes for Kerry than registered voters in the precinct. It's definitely 50/50 that it could be votes for either candidate.

Or what about that they never reset the machines from their last use?
Old 11-02-04, 10:23 AM
Premium Member

These machines suck big time.

NPR showed that you could just opening a file from the programs folder in Notepad and change the total with no record
Old 11-02-04, 10:24 AM
Premium Member

Originally posted by RevLiver
I'd have to agree with David here. Philadelphia is already heavily Democratic, why would anyone need to increase the Dem's vote total? You run the risk of having more votes for Kerry than registered voters in the precinct. It's definitely 50/50 that it could be votes for either candidate.

why to you assume that they were Dem votes?
Old 11-02-04, 10:25 AM

You guys are forgetting that Philadelphia is on Eastern Time. So, if it's 6am in CA, it's already 9am in Philly. Think about it!

Also, daylight savings time began on Sunday.
Old 11-02-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Drudge blurb:

Pennsylvania GOP is going to file suit in the Court of Common Pleas in an effort to have the machines in question impounded and have them replaced 'with machines that did not already have votes on them'... Developing...
Old 11-02-04, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Philadelphia is already heavily Democratic, why would anyone need to increase the Dem's vote total?
Ah, but the circumstances don't matter, either to me or to <b>chanster</b>.

<b>chanster</b> has taken the position in this forum that Democrats, as a class, are conspiring to commit voter fraud, while Republicans, as a class, are not. This is rather convenient, of course: any particular incident can be spun as yet more evidence of the Dem conspiracy, or merely a rogue company that the Republicans in no way condone.

I take the position that Democrats and Republicans are each comprised of people - and of such a wide and deep cross-section that they're statistically identical in most aspects. You can draw conclusions about political views - Democrats value civil liberty; Republicans value central authority - but in non-political aspects like ethics and personal happiness, the groups are equally heterogeneous.

- David Stein
Old 11-02-04, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by sfsdfd
<b>chanster</b> has taken the position in this forum that Democrats, as a class, are conspiring to commit voter fraud
Well, we are David. Didn't you get the email I sent you?
Old 11-02-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

are we sure these weren't used in early voting?
Old 11-02-04, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bfrank
NPR showed that you could just opening a file from the programs folder in Notepad and change the total with no record
Holy fuck. Are you kidding? That's an abomination. No wonder the U.N. wants to monitor our election processes - it's because <i>we really need it.</i>

This is the worst I've heard about the Diebold systems. The previous record was that some systems had included 802.11 cards that were <i>completely unsecured.</i> Someone proficient in hacking their neighbor's 802.11 network could just as easily rig the election. But that's peanuts in comparison to this.

- David Stein
Old 11-02-04, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You would want to plant more votes there to cancel out the votes that come from the republican parts of the state. Spread the votes around to many machines. 100 here, 200 there, and you might be able to get away with it. With the % of people that don't show up you can probably easily get away with adding 100 or 200 votes to one machine. In these districts that are heavily democratic it wouldn't look that odd to have a high democrat count.
Old 11-02-04, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by bfrank
why to you assume that they were Dem votes?
I'm not. I'm saying to those who assume they are Dem votes to not make that assumption.
Old 11-02-04, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Holy fuck. Are you kidding? That's an abomination. No wonder the U.N. wants to monitor our election processes - it's because <i>we really need it.</i>

This is the worst I've heard about the Diebold systems. The previous record was that some systems had included 802.11 cards that were <i>completely unsecured.</i> Someone proficient in hacking their neighbor's 802.11 network could just as easily rig the election. But that's peanuts in comparison to this.

- David Stein
you haven't been reading http://slashdot.org have you? over the last year they have linked to more stories about security problems with Diebold machines than you can list here.
Old 11-02-04, 10:48 AM
Premium Member

- David Stein
we had discussed it hear in some other threads. They actual had a guy do it on the radio! He was from some gruop that had tested all the machines as was wroking to get them replaced before the election.
Old 11-02-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Drudge pulled the blurb about a Penn GOP demand of a machine impound.
Old 11-02-04, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

chanster has taken the position in this forum that Democrats, as a class, are conspiring to commit voter fraud, while Republicans, as a class, are not. This is rather convenient, of course: any particular incident can be spun as yet more evidence of the Dem conspiracy, or merely a rogue company that the Republicans in no way condone.
This is great. A mod in this forum spreading complete lies. Please point to one instance where I have said that Democrats, as a class, are consipiring to commit voter fraud. Can somebody ban a mod for completly bullshitting about my views. Ridicoulous.
Old 11-02-04, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I heard they could be compromised with a Bic pen.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.