Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

ABC News Holds Terror Warning Tape

Old 10-27-04, 01:07 PM

ABC News Holds Terror Warning Tape

Damn terrorists trying to run the election...whatever it takes to get bush out of office i guess.
From Drudge....
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED OCT 27, 2004 12:42:01 ET XXXXX

ABCNEWS HOLDS TERROR WARNING TAPE

**Exclusive**

In the last week before the election, ABCNEWS is holding on a videotaped message from a purported al Qaeda terrorist warning of a new attack on America, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

ABCNEWS strongly denies holding the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election.

The CIA is analyzing the tape, a top federal source tells the DRUDGE REPORT.

ABCNEWS obtained the tape from a source in Waziristan, Pakistan over the weekend, sources tells DRUDGE.

"We have been working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate [the tape]," a senior ABCNEWS source said Wednesday morning.

The terrorist's face is concealed by a head dress, and speaks in an American accent, making it difficult to identify the individual, but US intelligence officials believe that man may be Adam Gadhan - aka Adam Pearlman - a southern California native who was highlighted by the FBI in May as an individual most likely to be involved in or have knowledge of the next al Qaeda attacks.

According to the FBI, Gadahn, 25, attended al-Qaida training camps and served as an al-Qaida translator.

The disturbing tape runs an hour -- the man simply identifies himself as 'Assam the American.'
Old 10-27-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sure the "CIA" will be holding it until election eve then ABC will show it. And about the video. I call BS. If they could truely make "The streets run with blood" then why havent they done it already? I thought they hated us no matter who the president was? Guess they just want a lap dog that won't bark to loud when they bang on our windows.
Old 10-27-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: ABC News Holds Terror Warning Tape

Originally posted by TripWire
America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.
Obviously, Al Qaeda intends this to be shown after the election. ABC is simply being considerate of their concerns.
Old 10-27-04, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

...The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead....
Yeah, yeah, whatever. Go herd a goat or somthing.
Old 10-27-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn terrorists trying to run the election...whatever it takes to get bush out of office i guess.
From Drudge....
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED OCT 27, 2004 12:42:01 ET XXXXX

ABCNEWS HOLDS TERROR WARNING TAPE

**Exclusive**

In the last week before the election, ABCNEWS is holding on a videotaped message from a purported al Qaeda terrorist warning of a new attack on America, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

ABCNEWS strongly denies holding the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election.

The CIA is analyzing the tape, a top federal source tells the DRUDGE REPORT.

ABCNEWS obtained the tape from a source in Waziristan, Pakistan over the weekend, sources tells DRUDGE.

"We have been working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate [the tape]," a senior ABCNEWS source said Wednesday morning.

The terrorist's face is concealed by a head dress, and speaks in an American accent, making it difficult to identify the individual, but US intelligence officials believe that man may be Adam Gadhan - aka Adam Pearlman - a southern California native who was highlighted by the FBI in May as an individual most likely to be involved in or have knowledge of the next al Qaeda attacks.

According to the FBI, Gadahn, 25, attended al-Qaida training camps and served as an al-Qaida translator.

The disturbing tape runs an hour -- the man simply identifies himself as 'Assam the American.'
you forgot the

Old 10-27-04, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

did Al Qaeda release a video tape warning us before 9/11?

they just strike, without announcing anything.
Old 10-27-04, 01:46 PM
Banned

If ABC was holding the tape for political reasons then they obviously think it would boost support for Bush, since the media is genarally liberal minded? I'm not sure this makes any sense.
Old 10-27-04, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, considering they promised the earth would spew up fire under our feet 2 years ago and that america would be defeated within a few years (what was the timeframe on that again?) and they failed to fulfill their promises on the warning last January that was going to make us crumble so badly, I'm simply gonna have to not believe them.

It's a sad world when we can't even trust our terrorists.

How's it go? "If you can't trust the terrorists any more, the terroists have won." ?
Old 10-27-04, 01:50 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.
This is why it is being held. Bush is given credit for destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.
Old 10-27-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

OK .. Yep, we are systematically screwing up the terrorist plans all of the world.. Sorry about that

Bring it on - You're all just talk now... and the talk gets less and less believable as the days go by.
Old 10-27-04, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by General Zod
Bring it on - You're all just talk now... and the talk gets less and less believable as the days go by.

.....except for all the suicide bombings and whatnot, right?
Old 10-27-04, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally posted by dick_grayson
.....except for all the suicide bombings and whatnot, right?
None here in America which is where they are threatening us. I expect that sort of stuff in unstable Iraq, but they got nothin' here. We got their #.
Old 10-27-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is in the terrorists best interests to want Bush gone. If anything, this should make people want Bush back in office. We have the Terrorists on the run.

Making this tape to me says we are really hurting them and they really want Bush gone
Old 10-27-04, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by thecrazydude
Making this tape to me says we are really hurting them and they really want Bush gone
Making this tape to me says they had nothing better to do on a saturday morning, had a few beers and said "Hey, let's make another scary home video about hating America."

It's nothing new.
Old 10-27-04, 02:51 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

The newsworthy item isn't that the tape was made, rather that ABC news held it.

Edit:
Looks like the CIA can't authenticate the tape.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6345734/

Last edited by bhk; 10-27-04 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-27-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by bhk
I thought they were suposed to until it had been looked at, unless it had already aired on Al Jazeera or something. Maybe that's not official policy, I don't know. You would think that things like this would fall under nationaly security guidelines.
Old 10-27-04, 03:04 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

See my edited post above.
Old 10-27-04, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Then it looks like ABC is gonna have to leak this to CBS first.
Old 10-27-04, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

U.S. officials said Pearlman was not believed to hold any influential position within al-Qaida.
Drudge:
a southern California native who was highlighted by the FBI in May as an individual most likely to be involved in or have knowledge of the next al Qaeda attacks.
Old 10-27-04, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Has Kerry brought this up in a stump speech somewhere yet?
Old 10-27-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by General Zod
None here in America which is where they are threatening us. I expect that sort of stuff in unstable Iraq, but they got nothin' here. We got their #.
Please. Anyone could take out several hundred people anytime they wanted to simply by walking down the street in NYC with a bomb on their chest.
Old 10-27-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Thor Simpson
Making this tape to me says they had nothing better to do on a saturday morning, had a few beers and said "Hey, let's make another scary home video about hating America."

It's nothing new.
I agree. The tapes ARE their threat. I don't believe that there is a threat, but thats just me. 911 was a once in a lifetime success.
Old 10-27-04, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bhk

Edit:
Looks like the CIA can't authenticate the tape.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6345734/
Hopefully ABC will get some credit here for trying to verify the tape before running with the story.
Old 10-27-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Green Jello
If ABC was holding the tape for political reasons then they obviously think it would boost support for Bush, since the media is genarally liberal minded? I'm not sure this makes any sense.
How does it help bush if the American people are reminded yet again that we have failed to curtail the real terrorists?

It's interesting that CBS is slammed for running the bush memo story without authenticating it, and ABC is slammed for holding this until it can be authenticated.
Old 10-27-04, 07:04 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jason
How does it help bush if the American people are reminded yet again that we have failed to curtail the real terrorists?
My point exactly.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.