Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Harsh Phone Messages from the Democractic Party

Old 10-27-04, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Harsh Phone Messages from the Democractic Party

Since i am in the UK, i have been checking my phone messages from here....

I received one phone call stating "Hi i am a representative from the Democratic party, i wanted to inform you about the upcoming election and to support John Kerry. Are you tired of living in poverty and paying so much taxes.... John Kerry has a plan. If you Vote for Bush, you will still live in poverty and make very little in your job. Vote for Kerry." And then they did that quick paid for by the democratic party line.

That was a [email protected]#$#$cking disgusting message and i am not even a democrat. I have no idea why they called me but if i was maybe ignorant and very stupid, maybe i would have feel for that stupid line...... But i dont live in poverty and i make good money. Does that party assume just because i live in an Urban city means i live in Poverty..... i love my city....They wouldnt know jack shit about poverty........ I dont freaking get that stupid message.....

Wondering if anyone else got a dumb message...
Old 10-27-04, 05:13 AM
Suspended

Well, these messages are targeted very specifically. People worry about government power and yet we have these political parties who are privy to information that probably rivals NSA Intel. I've received two in the past two months, but didn't sound like yours--they did mention "the plan" thing though. It is embarassing.
Old 10-27-04, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What makes it weird is that, in Jersey city(where i live), there is the ghetto and then there is the nice area...... i live in the goddamn nice area....

generalization is not the key....... gosh.....it was just a stupid message
Old 10-27-04, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They assume you are poor and unemployed (or have a crappy job) and you want the guv'ment to fix it for you.
Old 10-27-04, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah but its like saying.... Bush will make you still live in poverty.... John Kerry will make you live in the suburbs.... LOL.... oh please... pathetic..... and unfortunately.... i know people are falling for it
Old 10-27-04, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Too bad they didn't offer to give you a ride to the polls. That would have been fun if you were to take them up on it
Old 10-27-04, 01:46 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

A plan, you say? I'm sold!