Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard to focus."

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 10-23-04, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY

That was why he couldn't carry the goose. Add this to the 40 minutes he sat and couldn't think on 9/11 and he's really making himself look qualified to make decisions.
Old 10-23-04, 08:25 PM
Banned

May as well close this one now.
Old 10-23-04, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It took a day or two. But now we are hearing questions as to whether he actually shot the goose or not. Itís not really needed anymore, this fouled stunt of his guaranteed his loss of votes from the hunters, sportsmen, and firearm owners.
Old 10-23-04, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
hopefully

Originally posted by Tazwolff
It took a day or two. But now we are hearing questions as to whether he actually shot the goose or not. Itís not really needed anymore, this fouled stunt of his guaranteed his loss of votes from the hunters, sportsmen, and firearm owners.
Old 10-23-04, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by Captain Pike
May as well close this one now.
Any particular reason?
Old 10-23-04, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard to focus."

Originally posted by mikehunt
...he's really making himself look qualified to make decisions.
Because he couldn't shoot a goose?

You are diluting yourself if you think that Bush has never been distracted. Your argument is really reaching.
Old 10-23-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For those of us who might have not heard the story, what's the deal with the goose and 40 minute 9/11 thinking?
Old 10-23-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard to focus.

Originally posted by Brain Stew
Because he couldn't shoot a goose?

You are diluting yourself if you think that Bush has never been distracted. Your argument is really reaching.
No, he screwed up attempting to portray himself as a hunter. His voting record is anti 2A straight down the line and yet he still went out and looked like a fool.

Rules of hunting, 1 you carry what you kill, 2 you clean what you kill, and 3 you cook what you kill. 2 & 3 can be forgiven if your wife/partner, or the group wants to do it. He didnít carry his kill, and blamed it on being lazy all while attempting to gain the hunter vote. If I tried this in any of my hunts, my buddies would take the truck and leave me in the woods.

If heís too lazy to carry a goose to gain the vote of a large group of people to get him into the White House, just how lazy is he going to be if he gets there?
Old 10-23-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard to focus.

If heís too lazy to carry a goose to gain the vote of a large group of people to get him into the White House, just how lazy is he going to be if he gets there?
In politics, the goose cooks you.
Old 10-23-04, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard to fo

No, he screwed up attempting to portray himself as a hunter. His voting record is anti 2A straight down the line and yet he still went out and looked like a fool.

Rules of hunting, 1 you carry what you kill, 2 you clean what you kill, and 3 you cook what you kill. 2 & 3 can be forgiven if your wife/partner, or the group wants to do it. He didnít carry his kill, and blamed it on being lazy all while attempting to gain the hunter vote. If I tried this in any of my hunts, my buddies would take the truck and leave me in the woods.

So...you guys are upset because he didn't carry a goose after he killed it.

I hadn't heard about this previously and was trying to piece things together from mikehunt's terse post. Something tells me that you guys don't really like Kerry and it doesn't matter what he did you'd still hate him.
Old 10-23-04, 10:27 PM
Suspended

Location: Now in the Mojave desert...but still, thankfully, outside Los Angeles
Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard to fo

I hadn't heard about this previously and was trying to piece things together from mikehunt's terse post. Something tells me that you guys don't really like Kerry and it doesn't matter what he did you'd still hate him.
Naw. They're upset because the Republican National Committee is claiming that the goose was a registered Republican from Nevada.
Old 10-23-04, 10:31 PM
Mod Emeritus

Re: Re: Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard to focus.

Dick Cheney goes on canned hunts. I'm not sure if that's what Kerry was doing here or not. Don't real hunters find canned hunts totally weak and unsportsman like?
Old 10-23-04, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was ha

Originally posted by waveform
Naw. They're upset because the Republican National Committee is claiming that the goose was a registered Republican from Nevada.
Nope, not upset at all here, I find it comical. Heís had so many follies already this year attempting this. His voting record speaks for itself, and heís got the endorsement from PETA and others like them that have a policy not to support any candidate that engages in a ďblood sportĒ. Then he goes back out in a staged photo op while his people wake the press core and herds them into a small field to get photos of him emerging. Then claims heís lazy and canít carry his kill, yet still holds the gun when he walks out from the bush.

Itís just extremely comical to see this poor poodle out there attempting to gain something he already lost long ago.
Old 10-23-04, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard t

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Dick Cheney goes on canned hunts. I'm not sure if that's what Kerry was doing here or not. Don't real hunters find canned hunts totally weak and unsportsman like?
Not if they are properly cleanned!!!!!111oneone

I can't believe this is being discussed as a real issue.
Old 10-23-04, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It wa

Itís just extremely comical to see this poor poodle out there attempting to gain something he already lost long ago.
Wait, so he lost a goose a long time ago? I'm sorry, I got lost in all the metaphors.
Old 10-23-04, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. I

Wait, so he lost a goose a long time ago? I'm sorry, I got lost in all the metaphors.
Noooooo... he lost the turkey!
Old 10-23-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

true for me at least
but the point of posting this was in part that he went on this hunt solely as a photo op to try to get hunters and gun owners to vote for him and he screwed it up
also he shows that he's easily distracted

Something tells me that you guys don't really like Kerry and it doesn't matter what he did you'd still hate him.
Old 10-24-04, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

the goose is from his recent "hunting" trip

the 40 minutes is from his larry king interview
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...10/lkl.00.html
KING: Where were you?

KERRY: I was in the Capitol. We'd just had a meeting -- we'd just come into a leadership meeting in Tom Daschle's office, looking out at the Capitol. And as I came in, Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come in to the building. And we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think, and then boom, right behind us, we saw the cloud of explosion at the Pentagon. And then word came from the White House, they were evacuating, and we were to evacuate, and so we immediately began the evacuation.
he admits he couldn't think between the second plane hitting and the one hitting the pentagon. approximately 40 minutes, I think it's more precisely something like 37

Originally posted by SunMonkey
For those of us who might have not heard the story, what's the deal with the goose and 40 minute 9/11 thinking?
Old 10-24-04, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

...and they say democrats are hate filled and irrational.
Old 10-24-04, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I have to agree with Brain Stew, even though I'm leaning towards a Bush vote. I had to search the news and find out what all the huff-puffing was all about.

So, what we have is, two old men, one who would probably drop the damn goose on his own foot, and the other, who has someone else hold it for him.

Guys, we need to vote for someone other than Bush and Kerry.
Old 10-24-04, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
Yeah. This is pretty ridiculous.
Old 10-24-04, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
Quite a few of us have been saying that all along.
Old 10-24-04, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerry: "I'm too lazy. I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard to fo

I agree to a point. It doesn't matter to me. But I did hear a few friends of mine talk about it. I don't hunt so it was pretty meaningless to me. But they seemed to think it was worth talking about.

Ah, crap like this just serves to remind me how poorly I fit in with my friends.
Old 10-24-04, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

New yorkers.... he said he prefers the Red Sox as champion....... Vote for Bush...

Old 10-24-04, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kerry is such a phony Red Sox fan, phony sports fan in general. Two Words.....Manny Ortez

Oh, and according to Kerry the Packers play in Lambert Field

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.