Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

is it just me or is cher a moron??

Old 10-23-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

is it just me or is cher a moron??

i just found this on drudge and one thing sticks out to me:
--------------------------
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SAT OCT 23, 2004 13:02:38 ET XXXXX

CHER ISSUES BUSH WARNING AT DISCO

Only a couple hundred came out to see Cher Friday night at Miami Beach's CROBAR disco, but that did not stop the legendary diva from issuing an election warning against Republican control.

_ "There were supposed to be thousands of people here tonight. I'm not sure why that didn't happen, obviously the people putting on this thing were just_not very good at it," an embarrassed Cher explained to the crowd.

"Alright, but you guys are_here, that's_right. When I was coming down the steps I though 'Oh_s**t,_well I'll just go out there and give it my best.'"_

The MIAMI HERALD had reported thousands were expected to rally at the discotheque.

MORE

Cher warned moveon.org clubgoers to fight Bush, before "it's too late":

"All the gay guys, all my friends, all my gay friends, you guys_you have got to vote, alright? Because it would only be a matter of time before you guys would be so screwed, I cannot tell you._Because, you know, the people, like, in the very right wing of this party, of these Republicans, the very very right wing, the Jerry Falwell element, if they get any more power, you guys are going to be living in some state by yourselves. So, I hate scare tactics, but I really believe that that's true."

_ "I_think that_as Bush will, if Bush gets elected, he will put in new_Superior_Court judges, and these guys are not going to want to see gay pride week."

_ Cher declared that Abraham Lincoln "looks like Kerry on a crappy day."

Political activist Rosie O'Donnell is set to witness on Saturday night in Ft Lauderdale. O'Donnell will speak on Bush and his policies in Iraq at hotspot CLUB OVATION.

Developing...
--------------------------------

now i am not going to get into the political aspect of this, but if you are going to get up in a public forum and speak on the political process shouldn't you at least correctly know what the hell you are talking about?
Old 10-23-04, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The last time thousands of people lined up to hear Cher was when Sonny was still around.
Old 10-23-04, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Well, there's one senior vote Bush won't be getting
Old 10-23-04, 05:46 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

"There were supposed to be thousands of people here tonight. I'm not sure why that didn't happen, obviously the people putting on this thing were just_not very good at it,"
How typical of an ego-inflated leftist elitest hollywood liberal, blame someone else.
Old 10-23-04, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Superior Court

thats a good one

celebrity activists can be so stupid
Old 10-23-04, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by kvrdave
Well, there's one senior vote Bush won't be getting
Old 10-23-04, 07:23 PM

Next, maybe Drudge can tell us about how some lounge singer at a Chamber of Commerce function told everyone to support Bush.
Old 10-23-04, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ummmm judges...

Sorry the correct answer for has been was cher.... who is cher
Old 10-24-04, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Vote for Kerry or the gay guy gets it!

Old 10-24-04, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Apparently thousands of expected rallyists don't give a crap what Cher thinks. I commend their common sense.
Old 10-24-04, 12:15 PM

do these "stars" honestly expect to change peoples views and make a difference?
Old 10-24-04, 01:12 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

do these "stars" honestly expect to change peoples views and make a difference?
Probably, but not in the way they think. When these pompous asses denigrate regular people, they vote for the other guy.
Old 10-24-04, 03:44 PM
Banned

Here's Rosie!

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc66ro.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN OCT 24, 2004 12:00:01 ET XXXXX

FEW DOZEN TURN OUT TO HEAR ROSIE O'DONNELL ELECTION PREACH

**Exclusive**

Rosie O'Donnell addressed a nearly vacant CLUB OVATION Saturday night in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida during a get-out-the-vote rally for Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry.

"You know, there's only like, you know, maybe 38 of us here and maybe we can just like tap a keg and put on some disco, and totally party," O'Donnell deadpanned.

The debacle came one night after only a couple hundred came out to see Cher rally for Kerry at Miami Beach's CROBAR disco.

"There were supposed to be thousands of people here tonight. I'm not sure why that didn't happen, obviously the people putting on this thing were just not very good at it," an embarrassed Cher explained to the crowd.

A top Florida Democratic party official dismissed the weak back-to-back club turnouts as any indication of voter enthusiasm for the Kerry candidacy.

MORE

At CLUB OVATION Rosie endorsed Kerry's assertion in debate that America needs to pass a "global test" before acting in the world.

"The best part to me in the entire debate was when John Kerry said we have to pass a global test before we enter into a war. And you see George Bush got all nervous because frankly the word 'test' terrifies him," O'Donnell said to scattered chuckles.

"He never passed one at Harvard or Yale, but whatever. But there is a global test. It's the global test of decency, of humanity, of integrity. That's what our country stands for as we lead the free world. Let's take back our country. Let's elect John Kerry."

Rosie said the Bush Administration's actions go "against the foundation of what our country was built on," giving example of Administration telling the "United Nations we would ignore their doctrine and their resolutions."

MORE

Rosie continued: "Every single thing this White House has done goes against the foundation of what our country was built on. For us to tell the United Nations we would ignore their doctrine and their resolutions, for us to say that we will not adhere to the Geneva Convention during this war. We are America, we are better than that. We were built on the foundation of freedom and truth and equality for all people. And the rich, corporate, horrible, horrible people who have been destructing and ruining everything this country was made on has been really unbelievably damaging to all of us spiritually, emotionally, monetarily."

Rosie advised the audience to ignore any and all media in last days of the election race and to keep telling themselves "Kerry by a landslide!"

"Just remember this, don't believe the media in these last nine days. Tell yourself every day when you wake up and every morning when you have a worry or a doubt or whether you believe FOXNEWS: Kerry by a landslide. Because America knows the difference between genuine and junk."

MORE

Finally, Rosie spent an inordinate amount of time at the end of her speech cracking jokes about THE VIEW co-host Star Jones, suggesting that the daytime diva's weight loss was not the product of "diet and exercise," but of plastic surgery:

"Star Jones is my body double. She's getting smaller every day. I'm telling you ladies, it's diet and exercise. [Rosie pauses giving disbelieving look, then makes popping noises as she motions around her body implying plastic surgery] No problem, [singing] 'I believe in dissolution.' Okay, that's fine. She's alright. She's married to some guy, it's fine. Ah huh. Yeah. The thing is -- it's fine, it's alright, leave it. What do I care? I don't even watch TV in the day... He is a cute boy. And I'm gonna leave it there because I see that camera rolling. And all the Kerry thing will go away and it'll be 'Rosie O'Donnell Attacks Star Jones!' And in the Enquirer it'll be 'Crazy Lesbian Goes Insane At A Kerry Rally.'"

Developing...
Old 10-24-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"Just remember this, don't believe the media in these last nine days. "

Its a sad day when liberals can't trust the liberal media.
Old 10-24-04, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by OldDude

Old 10-24-04, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

a few dozen come to see Rosie

When are celebrities going to learn the general public has some common sense, their own beliefs and dont want to be told what to believe in, whats right or wrong and who to vote for
Old 10-24-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Myster X
At CLUB OVATION Rosie endorsed Kerry's assertion in debate that America needs to pass a "global test" before acting in the world.
Did anyone else read this as CLUB OVULATION?
Old 10-24-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Cher needs to go skiing. And hit a tree. Head on. As for Rosie, well, I'm glad she finally came up for air.
Old 10-25-04, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
Cher needs to go skiing. And hit a tree. Head on.
Classy!
Old 10-25-04, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't begrudge celebrities for stating their political views, but I think it's pretty accurate to say that nobody gives a shit what some washed-up over the hill, 5 years past being the center box on Hollywood Squares has-been, has to say about anything other than who they fucked and how they self-destructed on booze and drugs, as they hit rock bottom.
Old 10-25-04, 12:36 AM

Originally posted by JasonF
Classy!

This your first DVD Polizei post that you've read?

(not commenting on DVD P's post, good or bad.)
Old 10-25-04, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Old 10-25-04, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk God

I am not making this up. I used to get DVD Polizei and JasonF mixed up based on the content of their posts. Go figure that out.
Old 10-25-04, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What the hell does she have against Star Jones...... Just because her show is still on the air doesnt me crap.... LMAO

Can someone seriously sick a dog on Rosie?
Old 10-25-04, 02:29 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by OldDude

6/7

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.