Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Where will the tears fall? (aka Who will bring the apocalypse?)

Old 10-22-04, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Where will the tears fall? (aka Who will bring the apocalypse?)

So i have a hypothetical question:

If George Bush wins re-election, plenty of Democrats will cry tears of frustration and depression, of this I'm sure. But what about the other side? If John Kerry wins, will the Reps be so upset that they cry? Or will they just be disappointed?

i mean, in the past (as in 1996 Dole vs Clinton, for example) there wasn't the frustration and anger that's surrounding this election. this is easily the most emotional election i've ever seen in my quarter century. but i've only seen Dems worked up to the point where they will break down if Kerry loses.

i guess the feeling i get on the Dem side is that the apocalypse will come if Bush wins. are there many Reps who think that the Apocalypse will come if Kerry is elected? or will it just be a regression in policy? a disappointment?

-di doctor-
Old 10-22-04, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Most of the liberals I know truly believe the country will spiral into some sort of fascist state if Bush is re-elected. I now the libs here will deny it and say it is only a fringe group, but I think it is closer to a majority. It's amazing that otherwise rational and educated people can be so bizarrely off their nut.
I believe Kerry will be a poor president and will lead this country in the wrong direction, but I don't believe the country will drastically change under his leadership (I don't even think it's possible for it to drastically change in just four years).
Old 10-22-04, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If Kerry wins, it will be a disappointment. But, it's not really going to lead to my daily life being any different.

Well, other than being on the other side of debates here, that is.
Old 10-22-04, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If Kerry wins, the apocalypse will be on April 15, when we do our taxes.
Old 10-22-04, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Chew
If Kerry wins, it will be a disappointment. But, it's not really going to lead to my daily life being any different.

Well, other than being on the other side of debates here, that is.
That's quite true. I'll survive the next four years if Kerry wins.

However I'm worried about the ABB crowd if Bush wins.