Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Heinz Kerry: "Laura's never had a real job."

Old 10-20-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heinz Kerry: "Laura's never had a real job."

In a twisted way of trying to seperate the two potential first ladies what Teresa has said has to take the cake when comparing all the crazy stuff shes been saying. So being a teacher or a librarian isn't a real job?? What is a real job to you Teresa living off trust funds and ketchup money?? What a tough struggling life that is!

This is number one in all her goofy statements, this or the infamous pinkies in heaven line
Old 10-20-04, 04:19 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

I wanted to post the above in the other THK thread but I couldn't find it.
Old 10-20-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does she ever say anything sane?

Seriously.
Old 10-20-04, 04:22 PM
Admin-Thanos

Link?
Old 10-20-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Golddigger, that is a tough job. And Teresa has been on both ends of that one.

Stupid whore.
Old 10-20-04, 04:29 PM
Banned

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ry_1&printer=1

WASHINGTON - Teresa Heinz Kerry says she doesn't know if first lady Laura Bush has ever had "a real job" and suggests their different experiences help make them different people.

Laura Bush taught in public schools in Texas from 1968 to 1977, the year she married George W. Bush.

In an interview published Wednesday in USA Today, the newspaper asked the wife of Democratic candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) if she would be different from Laura Bush as a first lady.

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

Heinz Kerry said she sees her age as a benefit she is 66 and Bush 57. "I'm older, and my validation of what I do is a little bit bigger because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about," she said.

Karen Hughes, an adviser to President Bush (news - web sites), criticized Heinz Kerry's remarks as "indicative of an unfortunate mind-set that seeks to divide women based on who works at home and who works outside the home."
Old 10-20-04, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

She must also not consider being a wife and mother as a 'real' job. I think any 'stay-home mother' would tell her differently.
Old 10-20-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

she has already apologized for the statement.
Old 10-20-04, 04:33 PM
Admin-Thanos

That's pretty funny. Kerry's wife is a bit of an oddball, but I'm still voting for him.
Old 10-20-04, 04:35 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../heinz_kerry_2

Heinz Kerry Sorry for Laura Bush Comment

1 hour, 2 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Teresa Heinz Kerry told a newspaper she doesn't know if Laura Bush has ever had "a real job." She apologized Wednesday for having forgotten about the first lady's 10-year stint as a schoolteacher and librarian.

In an interview published Wednesday, USA Today asked the wife of Democratic candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) if she would be different from Laura Bush as a first lady.

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

Heinz Kerry said she sees her age as a benefit she is 66 and Bush 57. "I'm older, and my validation of what I do is a little bit bigger because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about," she said.

Laura Bush worked in public schools in Texas from 1968 to 1977, the year she married George W. Bush.

In a statement issued Wednesday, Heinz Kerry said: "I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children. As someone who has been both a full-time mom and full-time in work force, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as first lady and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

Earlier in the day, Karen Hughes, an adviser to President Bush (news - web sites), criticized Heinz Kerry's remarks as "indicative of an unfortunate mind-set that seeks to divide women based on who works at home and who works outside the home."
Old 10-20-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by VinVega
That's pretty funny. Kerry's wife is a bit of an oddball, but I'm still voting for him.
It would be entertaining. I don't think she would be hated like Hillary, but she could be as fun as J. Elders.
Old 10-20-04, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Let them eat cake!
Old 10-20-04, 04:41 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

"I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children. As someone who has been both a full-time mom and full-time in work force, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as first lady and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."
Coherent and no wacky factor, therefore not written by T H-K.
Old 10-20-04, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

mountain <--- molehill
Old 10-20-04, 04:45 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

mountain <--- molehill
A political mountain that the Kerry camp is trying to make into a molehill hence the quick apology.
Old 10-20-04, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by chess
mountain <--- molehill
The least you could do is be offended at my "whore " comment
Old 10-20-04, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do they actually think that she is helping the campaign? She may not be hurting him now, but she has the potential to really say something stupid.

She tells a reporter to go screw.

She gives out advice on how to cure arthritis.

She says being a mother is not a real job.

One of these days she is gonna say something really really out there. It is only a matter of time. I just hope there are cameras and tape around when it happens.
Old 10-20-04, 04:50 PM

Didn't she also have some choice words to say about the state of Arizona and their worth in the political race?

Last edited by nemein; 10-20-04 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-20-04, 04:55 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Stupid whore.
Dear Sir:
I would like to complain about that post and about the next post.

Rear Admiral Francis (Deceased).
Old 10-20-04, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bhk
A political mountain that the Kerry camp is trying to make into a molehill hence the quick apology.
Some might consider this a "political mountain" but given the fact that we're at war and have a shitty economy...I don't think this amounts to anything to anybody other than the talk radio tin-foil helmet crowd.

She certainly could have answered more diplomatically though. I would have said "The difference is that I never killed anybody with my car."
Old 10-20-04, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by chess
mountain <--- molehill
Agreed. Some of you guys are like a bunch of little old women sitting around clucking your tongues and wringing your hands.

What Heinz-Kerry said was stupid. She apologized. The end.
Old 10-20-04, 05:00 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Some might consider this a "political mountain"
The "some" being the voting public which is why Kerry's campaign had "her" apologize quickly(her in quotes because she didn't write that apology).

She certainly could have answered more diplomatically though. I would have said "The difference is that I never killed anybody with my car."
She has gotten Kerry into enough trouble. Their campaign would be toast if she said that.
Old 10-20-04, 05:11 PM
Premium Member

Man she is just an idiot!!!

Even I totally dig Laura Bush. Teresa is just

I wish we could keep Laura and dump George
Old 10-20-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by LiquidSky
Agreed. Some of you guys are like a bunch of little old women sitting around clucking your tongues and wringing your hands.
No Werther's Originals for you!
Old 10-20-04, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by dork
No Werther's Originals for you!
cluck

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.