Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

When the Man Comes Around (re: Pres. Bush)

Old 10-21-04, 03:24 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Mopower
What? Besides the word ISLAM being shown (oh what a surprise that pisses some of you liberals off) what doesn't put Bush in a positive light on that video? Your question doesn't even make sense. "How positive did you view that light?" What does that mean?
Who's pissed (besides you)? Asking how you came to the conclusion that this was a positive portrayal of Bush makes me a Liberal? What about my question doesn't make sense? I just want to know why you think the light cast from this quasi-music video is so positive for Bush? Easy with the liberal crap too. Just popping off with that word without any substance makes you sound like a neo-con nut job.
Old 10-21-04, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Gil Jawetz
So does this video. sfsdfd did a great job of summarizing them on the previous page.
It includes images designed to evoke particular thoughts in the viewer. That's not the same as a logical argument.

Old 10-21-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Charcoal lesbians.
Old 10-21-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For the record I wasn't criticizing JasonF in any way. I was pointing out that this silly video is more than just music and photos. It is commentary that reveals more, perhaps, than it intends to reveal and that an awesome analysis of the video and the mindset of those who like it had been posted.

Old 10-21-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, this thread has taken a decidedly unexpected turn.
Old 10-21-04, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Captain Pike
They don't use practically the same images. That's false. Have you even seen F 9/11? These two things are not the same. Sorry, that argument doesn't hold water.
No, none of the critics here have actually seen F911. If they did, they would remember Moore making the Democratic members of the Senate look like stooges during the segment with the Black Congressional Caucus.

While F911 was surely an indictment of the Bush administration, it was also an indictment on the entire federal government and the media in general.
Old 10-21-04, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by kvrdave
Charcoal lesbians.
Charcoal elf lesbians.
Old 10-21-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What? Besides the word ISLAM being shown (oh what a surprise that pisses some of you liberals off) what doesn't put Bush in a positive light on that video? Your question doesn't even make sense. "How positive did you view that light?" What does that mean?

Do you know or have you had any contact with anyone who was Muslim? Yes, you are right. It does piss me off because I have known people from Pakistan, Syria, Turkey, etc that were great human beings.
Old 10-21-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by JasonF
Charcoal elf lesbians.
All we need are some furries, and we're all set.

[shudder]

- David Stein
Old 10-21-04, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by sfsdfd
All we need are some furries, and we're all set.

[shudder]

- David Stein

rawr
Old 10-21-04, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by CRM114

Do you know or have you had any contact with anyone who was Muslim? Yes, you are right. It does piss me off because I have known people from Pakistan, Syria, Turkey, etc that were great human beings.
Then maybe they should work a little harder to make people like the person that made this video think they truely are great human beings. Because the beheadings, kinappings, beating of women, suicide bombings in the name of Allah, car bombs, the killing of hundreds of children, blowing up airliners and the whole 9/11 thing isn't really helping their cause now is it?
Old 10-21-04, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Contactsport1
Who's pissed (besides you)? Asking how you came to the conclusion that this was a positive portrayal of Bush makes me a Liberal? What about my question doesn't make sense? I just want to know why you think the light cast from this quasi-music video is so positive for Bush? Easy with the liberal crap too. Just popping off with that word without any substance makes you sound like a neo-con nut job.
I'm not pissed. I'm saying that both pieces (this video and F911) are propoganda. Plain and simple. The video shows Bush going after the terrorists with a song that is about death going around and bringing justice or a judgement day to the world. It compares the two. That is the "positive" spin I found in it. You may disagree but I think going after the terrorists is a good thing. F911 may be well thought out and logical but there are arguments for every point Moore tries to make. No absolute truths to his leftist propaganda. Of course you can say the same about this video as well.
Old 10-21-04, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Then maybe they should work a little harder to make people like the person that made this video think they truely are great human beings. Because the beheadings, kinappings, beating of women, suicide bombings in the name of Allah, car bombs, the killing of hundreds of children, blowing up airliners and the whole 9/11 thing isn't really helping their cause now is it?
Again, I ask if you have personally known anyone that was Muslim? In case you don't know, there are an awful lot of Muslims in the US and they don't behead anyone nor do they condone the actions of al Qaida.
Old 10-22-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
There are also a whole lot of "Black Muslims" in the Nation of Islam that use the Koran to besmirch us honkies too.

Just because "ISLAM" is shown there, it doesn't mean that they're talking about all muslims, only those bastards who go against their peaceful religion and twist it into something where it is divine to wear dynamite jackets and behead fathers and husbands or fly airplanes into tall buildings.
Old 10-22-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Just got around to watching this video... great job
Old 10-22-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The video shows Bush going after Muslims with a song that is about God going around and bringing justice or a judgement day to the world.
Fixed.
Old 10-22-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Captain Pike
Stupid and offensive. Why does this crap deserve a thread?
There was a post last week on whether someone should take a shower...
Old 10-24-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yuck. I mean this is just tacky.
Old 10-24-04, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by weargle
There are also a whole lot of "Black Muslims" in the Nation of Islam that use the Koran to besmirch us honkies too.

Just because "ISLAM" is shown there, it doesn't mean that they're talking about all muslims, only those bastards who go against their peaceful religion and twist it into something where it is divine to wear dynamite jackets and behead fathers and husbands or fly airplanes into tall buildings.
What if the text was "Christianity", how would you rationalize it then?